Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dan LCFC

Leeds away - warning

If I remember rightly though, they have electronic turnstiles at the gate and you could get in with basically any ticket.

The message on the Pompey site seems to indicate they're getting stricter though...

Yes, before a few stewards all check your tickets, you know, just to assure you've been ripped off, you can't have anyone paying a decent price, you HAVE to be ripped off to enter this "paradise" of fvcking Hitler-esque stewards.

Haha I was absolutely not in agreement with the people moaning specifically about Barnsley's pricing scheme, but this Leeds one actually takes the piss far more than any other Championship team I care to think of. The adult price is very high but not massively more than several other Champo clubs. But £25 for an under-16? No other club in this league comes within a tenner of that.

I'll still be going because I know the game will go ahead with a couple of thousand City fans in attendance having paid these prices, as "boycotting" and writing to the FA will achieve sweet FA. But I guess I'll feel rather resentful...

Thing is I reckon if our fans threatened as early as now to not even go, they'd consider something. I mean actually properly threat, I've actually brought this up just to warn everyone in big advance that we'll get completely ripped off here, so who knows, more chance to arrange a protest/boycott.

£36 is an absolute joke. £32 for West Ham & £30 for Barnsley is awful, but £36 for these over-rated cvnts, good lord.

Disgusting prices but haven't they changed the away fans section now though to one of the expensive sections?

Hope that bitch who kicked you out if you stood is not there, but still get to see Leeds fans crying when they get relegated :thumbup:lol

Aye, hope she's been put down now the fvcking vile hound.

The price we end up paying may well depend on:

a) whether Leeds are still in with a shout of the playoffs.

b) whether Ken Bates is still in charge of the club and hasn't been forced into exile by angry fans.

We can't whinge too much though, given the number of times our own club has charged premium prices for big games.

You surprised? You get 2,000+ paying £30 to go Barnsley this is what you end up with. Enjoy being "loyal" - corrupt Ken must be loving it.

Can't wait for all the cretins telling me I was a "plastic" for not paying £30 for Barnsley now gagging to shift out near on £40 for this. You reap what you sew. Just you wait until next season, see how "loyal" you all are having to shell out £150 for away games each month just on ticket cost.

This is nothing short of robbery.

lol What do you want the FA to do? They can hardly step in and tell a privately-owned business what to do. Anyway with the prices currently being charged at Wembley I hardly think they'd be in a position to put much pressure on!

At the end of the day, it's just business as far as KB is concerned, and he'll charge what he thinks he can get away with...

What 306 Whos for a ticket to wembley? Not much wrong win that. I've paid 15 to go there a couple of times too

You surprised? You get 2,000+ paying £30 to go Barnsley this is what you end up with. Enjoy being "loyal" - corrupt Ken must be loving it.

Can't wait for all the cretins telling me I was a "plastic" for not paying £30 for Barnsley now gagging to shift out near on £40 for this. You reap what you sew. Just you wait until next season, see how "loyal" you all are having to shell out £150 for away games each month just on ticket cost.

This is nothing short of robbery.

Spot on.

I hope Ken Bates dies before we play them to be fair, the fat waste of space.

Such a joke, £36. :rolleyes:

Correct, and no doubt we are charging other clubs the same sort of prices, if not we should be.......

Still gonna go as always, no matter what

lol

Oh dear.

Onto it, I wouldn't mind if loads of our fans turned up without tickets and just caused havoc and protested about the absolutely shocking price. I'd be well up for it.

Will be in Leeds for the weekend, whether we go match is now unlikely, has to be have a lot riding on it. £36 is an absolute farce and you "loyal supporters" lot really need to climb off your fvcking thrones else we will be hit for 40 notes next season promotion or not.

Charge them twice the price

What good can possibly come from that?

Oh, we're being ripped off by Leeds United. Lets rip-off their fans, who are basically in the same boat as us. Love them or hate them - punishing Leeds' fans with stupid prices is the complete stupidest thing to do, do you think they agree with it? Do you think Ken Bates will give a shit if we rip them off? He's proven with his attitude towards the club and fans he couldn't care less and he's just in it for self profit whilst trying to be as much of a cvnt as possible (I mean there's no way you can be that twattish without even trying to be). Basically, why punish the fans? Totally distanced from the wankers who've chosen to rip us and every other set of fans off.

Ipswich are the same, charging them a stupid price is the absolute worst thing to tackle their awful prices.

What good can possibly come from that?

Oh, we're being ripped off by Leeds United. Lets rip-off their fans, who are basically in the same boat as us. Love them or hate them - punishing Leeds' fans with stupid prices is the complete stupidest thing to do, do you think they agree with it? Do you think Ken Bates will give a shit if we rip them off? He's proven with his attitude towards the club and fans he couldn't care less and he's just in it for self profit whilst trying to be as much of a cvnt as possible (I mean there's no way you can be that twattish without even trying to be). Basically, why punish the fans? Totally distanced from the wankers who've chosen to rip us and every other set of fans off.

Ipswich are the same, charging them a stupid price is the absolute worst thing to tackle their awful prices.

It wasnt really a serious comment to be honest. The modern day price of football is a complete joke it seems just about everywhere this year is content with charginf an over the top price

It wasnt really a serious comment to be honest. The modern day price of football is a complete joke it seems just about everywhere this year is content with charginf an over the top price

Fair enough. lol Sorry if I came across a bit aggressive, I do know people who've seriously said that though. It's the same with points deductions - why punish the team and fans and not the cvnts who are responsible?

I'm quite frankly sick to death of everywhere being a rip-off. Middlesbrough's a rip-off IMO, as was the league game at Cardiff, yet because of some of the unbelievably over-priced games such as West Ham, Birmingham (£30 for a BBC game is a joke, I'm happy with my £13 though), the games which are slightly over-priced like Middlesbrough are seen as reasonable.

People have seriously got to stop paying some of these prices. It'd take an absolutely season defining game for me to go to Leeds now.

I would only consider this for a massive, massive game now. As in, promotion hinges on the result massive.

Elland Road is such an overrated away day anyway. The ground's a dump, Leeds home fans' support has nothing on their away support so the atmosphere isn't great and their stewards appear to have descended from the Gestapo. Even if it was a tenner less, I wouldn't be excited about it.

I would only consider this for a massive, massive game now. As in, promotion hinges on the result massive.

Elland Road is such an overrated away day anyway. The ground's a dump, Leeds home fans' support has nothing on their away support so the atmosphere isn't great and their stewards appear to have descended from the Gestapo. Even if it was a tenner less, I wouldn't be excited about it.

This.

I even had it down at the start of the season as one of them I'd make no special effort to get to, as in I might go but not going to be skinting myself for it, along with the likes of Reading, Cardiff, Middlesbrough, Doncaster, Hull, Ipswich (just the price is the offput) etc... I put Leeds in that category, so you bet I was pissed off when it was last day.

Agreed 100% though, one of the most over-priced away days for what you get ever. Rather go fvcking Preston.

Archived