Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxesAreBlue

Formula 1 thread 2012

That can't be right, surely? lol

I'm looking around a bit myself - thinking maybe Valencia, or Hungary. Would love to see a Ferrari win at Monza though.

I'm looking at going to 2/3 european races this season. Barcelona is a definite, booking flights next week. Budapest in July is a strong possibility and I find out in March if i've been accepted to be a flag marshal at Silverstone. :fc:

Can anyone on here that have been to the Silverstone GP in recent years tell me if you can buy general admission tickets on the friday at the gate?

The last few years it has sold out before hand due to the Hamilton/Button factor

Halfprice tickets to Sunday's autosport show if anyones interested

http://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/leicester/haymarket-exhibitions/2574907?nlp=&CID=UK_CRM_1_0_0_8&a=22

The BBC has revealed its Formula 1 presenting team for the 2012 season.

Jake Humphrey remains as presenter, alongside chief analyst Eddie Jordan and co-commentator David Coulthard, while Ben Edwards joins as commentator.

Experienced F1 car designer Gary Anderson has been recruited as technical analyst, while Lee McKenzie remains as pit-lane reporter.

James Allen becomes Radio 5 live commentator, joined by Jennie Gow as radio pit-lane reporter.

The BBC has revealed its Formula 1 presenting team for the 2012 season.

Jake Humphrey remains as presenter, alongside chief analyst Eddie Jordan and co-commentator David Coulthard, while Ben Edwards joins as commentator.

Experienced F1 car designer Gary Anderson has been recruited as technical analyst, while Lee McKenzie remains as pit-lane reporter.

James Allen becomes Radio 5 live commentator, joined by Jennie Gow as radio pit-lane reporter.

LEWIS HAMILTON!!!

Sky are showing EVERYTHING live (all practice sessions, qualy's and GP's) on a new F1 channel they are going to launch, free to all sky sports 1 & 2 customers, BBC will; have some live races and extended highlights of the rest

Bruno Senna will drive the second Williams car during the 2012 Formula 1 season, as the team from Grove finally announced who will partner Pastor Maldonado.

Senna, the nephew of three-time world champion Ayrton, made his grand prix debut with the Hispania team back in 2010, but could not secure a seat for the start of the 2011 season.

He eventually replaced Nick Heidfeld at the Renault team from last year's Belgian Grand Prix, but the team decided to hire Kimi Raikkonen and Romain Grosjean for the 2012 season. Senna managed two points in eight races during 2011.

After months of speculation, Williams confirmed on Tuesday that the 28-year-old Brazilian will race alongside Maldonado this year.

Senna will make his debut with the team on February 9th at Jerez during the first test of the year.

"Bruno only started racing when he was 20 years old but quickly proved his talent in F3 and GP2," said Frank Williams.

"In a tightly fought 2008 GP2 season, Bruno finished second in the Championship with notable victories in Monaco and Silverstone, the latter in the wet. The circumstances of Bruno's two seasons in Formula 1 have not given him an ideal opportunity to deliver consistently so it was essential that we spent as much time with him as possible to understand and evaluate him as a driver.

"We have done this both on track and in our simulator and he has proven quick, technically insightful and above all capable of learning and applying his learning quickly and consistently. Now we are looking forward to seeing that talent in our race car."

Senna added: "I feel very privileged that Williams has selected me as one of their race drivers. The team has a great heritage and I hope I can help write a good chapter in their history. The evaluation process has been intense and methodical but the time I have spent in the factory has demonstrated that the team has great people and all the resources needed to achieve better things this season.

"It will be very interesting to drive for a team that my uncle has driven for, particularly as quite a few of the people here actually worked with Ayrton. Hopefully we can bring back some memories and create some great new ones too.

"I also want to get some good results in return for the support my country has given me to help get me to this position today. I am very proud to be Brazilian and more motivated than ever to demonstrate what I can do. Ever since I first sat in a go-kart I never wanted to do anything else."

The move means Rubens Barrichello looks set to be absent from Formula 1 for the first time in 20 years.

The Brazilian said on Twitter after the announcement that his "future is wide open".

Kimi Raikkonen drives F1 car for the first time since joining Lotus

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/97140

Kimi Raikkonen has returned to the wheel of a Formula 1 car for the first time since the end of 2009, driving a two-year-old Renault R30 at Valencia as he reacclimatises himself to the sport with Lotus.

Raikkonen arrived at the track at 0830 CET and took to the wheel of a two-year-old Renault R30 car - painted in Lotus's contemporary black and gold livery and using Pirelli's demonstration-spec rubber - for an installation lap just after 0900.

The Finn is taking part in a two-day session designed to help him reacclimatise himself with grand prix machinery. His first test with the team's 2012 car will take place at Jerez early next month.

Under the terms of F1's strict testing limitations, teams are not allowed to run contemporary F1 machinery apart from at designated tests. However, machinery that is two years old is free from such restrictions - which is why Lotus is able to run him in a 2010 Renault car that is fitted with demo rubber.

Raikkonen last raced in F1 in 2009, when he was dropped by Ferrari and chose to switch to the World Rally Championship for the following year. He competed there for two seasons.

Keen to return to racing, however, Raikkonen briefly tried the NASCAR truck series last year before eventually agreeing a deal with Lotus to return to F1 in 2012.

Raikkonen said last month that he believed the biggest hurdle he faced in returning to F1 was getting used to the tyres.

He told the Lotus website: "I don't think I've lost any speed. Getting on top of the tyres will be the hardest thing, of course, but I'm not really worried."

Caterham the first team to unveil new car

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/97174

The Caterham F1 team unveiled its 2012 challenger to the public on Wednesday, one day ahead of the what was originally planned by the squad.

The team has revealed its car on the cover of the latest edition of F1 Racing magazine, subscribers of which received their copies today. But the team has now also released an image of the car through its official Twitter feed.

It intends to publish more images and further details of its new car on Caterham's website tomorrow.

Caterham's CT01, as the car will be called, is the team's first single seater under the new name, having raced as Lotus in its first two seasons in Formula 1.

The car, which will be powered by Renault engines, features a platypus-style nose with front suspension mounts that raise above the noseline. Features such as these may prove to be quite common this year due to the new regulations covering the nose area.

It also appears to be more aggressive aerodynamically than its predecessors, which were deliberately conservative, and features tightly-sculpted, low rear bodywork with slim and short sidepods to maximise the low drag effect in that area.

The CT01 is scheduled to make its track debut at Jerez next month when testing kicks off.

space.gif

Adrian Sutil given suspended sentence over incident involving Lotus' Eric Lux

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/97234

Adrian Sutil has been given an 18-month suspended sentence after being found guilty of bodily harm against Lotus team co-owner Eric Lux.

On the second day of proceedings in Munich, Sutil was convicted of causing neck injuries to Lux with a champagne glass following a fight in a nightclub after last year's Chinese Grand Prix.

In addition to the suspended sentence, Sutil was fined 200,000 euros, which will be given to charity.

Sutil said he never intended to hurt Lux and told the court on Monday that he had done everything possible to try and bring the matter to a close. However, Lux made it clear that he had never received the face-to-face apology that he had been after.

The conviction will be a blow to Sutil's hopes of returning to Formula 1 in the future, with the German having lost his drive at Force India to Nico Hulkenberg for this season.

Not looking good for Sutil, on or off the track.

Archived