Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Smithy#9

Anthony Gerrard

championship players get you out of the championship! not players like yakubu and co! hungry players

yakubu scored 16 goals in the premiership this season (although they said 17 on motd)

for a relegated club too

I think 350k for this lad would be class. He's a solid/reliable Championship defender.

Get him in alongside Morgan, keep Bamba/SSL and we will be fine for next season.

At that price im not sure why people would turn their nose up!

Let me just ask, if at the start of last season, Sven signed Kaspar Gorkss and Alex Pearce, what yould you say...?

Im guessing this forum would of kicked off! Yet they finish the season as champions!

I think 350k for this lad would be class. He's a solid/reliable Championship defender.

Get him in alongside Morgan, keep Bamba/SSL and we will be fine for next season.

At that price im not sure why people would turn their nose up!

Let me just ask, if at the start of last season, Sven signed Kaspar Gorkss and Alex Pearce, what yould you say...?

Im guessing this forum would of kicked off! Yet they finish the season as champions!

This. Think Gorkss is solid.

Wouldn't mind a left footed CB, David Edgar from Burnley springs to mind. Still think we need a RB who's a bit more attacking than Peltier. Tyrone Mears from Bolton? Realistic in my eyes.

I know it's not all about money but seriously £ 350k ? when we have just paid out 2million for a couple of kids from manky urinals. Obviously Nigel has set his sights low and means to stick to it. Not impressed with this one at all.

I have an idea, lets spend £4m on defender instead! ...oh wait.

I know it's not all about money but seriously £ 350k ? when we have just paid out 2million for a couple of kids from manky urinals. Obviously Nigel has set his sights low and means to stick to it. Not impressed with this one at all.

You bullied as a kid? Not hugged enough? Tell me all about it, I'm a good listener. You seem to revel in negativity. You say you know it's not all about money than go on to write a statement purely about money. Nugent was free, does that mean he's less than sh1t? We may or may not get Gerrard and he may or may not be good but let's not just write off every single player we get linked with eh? He was voted player of the season at Hull or do you choose to ignore peopple that have seen him up close more often then you and prefer to use the ol' "well I finks this and aint no chagin' my mind" attitude?

If he's sh't then I will agree it was a mistake but to write people off without even giving them a chance is just mental.

If he's sh't then I will agree it was a mistake but to write people off without even giving them a chance is just mental.

It's in our nature. We either slag them off or set ridiculously high expectations then go mental when they aren't immediately realised.

I think he's a decent signing, and for £350k a bargain. Not sure he'd be first choice, but potentially a very good bench player

You bullied as a kid? Not hugged enough? Tell me all about it, I'm a good listener. You seem to revel in negativity. You say you know it's not all about money than go on to write a statement purely about money. Nugent was free, does that mean he's less than sh1t? We may or may not get Gerrard and he may or may not be good but let's not just write off every single player we get linked with eh? He was voted player of the season at Hull or do you choose to ignore peopple that have seen him up close more often then you and prefer to use the ol' "well I finks this and aint no chagin' my mind" attitude?

Ok good point I was being too negative. It's what happens when you have supported city for too long . When a player is so cheap by today's standards you naturally think " but why ?" Sorry for that I will try to be more optimistic and I really hope he turns out to be a bargain if he comes. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Archived