Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Marko Futacs signs for Leicester

I've read this thread with more interest than much of the stuff that's been posted recently ... And have two theories to test ...

One is that a few of the younger fans seem to want success and aren't too worried about style of football - and if i think back 20 years i was exactly the same - I enjoyed winning so much that i didn't care how it happened, maybe with age comes higher expectation for entertainment??

OR .... maybe it's due to the fact that with age you get a season ticket and probably sit in a more expensive area and therefore feel that you have more of a right to that entertainment.

I know these are gross generalisations, but may explain the differences of opinion.

And on topic - For me we do need a target man, I hope he doesn't play much as I'd prefer to resort to one when needed (during my 30 seasons of playing football I spent most of my time playing as a 6'3 centre forward - so know how crap they are!) .... I hope that we didn't pay much and NP doesn't expect him to play much - because if he's a first teamer then I'd be worried that he managed to get in Pompey's side just 12 times last season!!

Why don't you wait until we start the season and see how we line-up, see how Futacs is incorporated into the team, and see how we play with him in the team, before you dismiss him as a lump it up to him target man and nothing more.

Even if you were a season ticket holder at Pompey last season and have seen him play a hundred times, you don't know how it is going to work with the players we have.

What he will be is a physical presence and a danger from set-pieces, 2 things we missed last season, we may play him with the likes of Nugent, Beckford, Marshall, Vardy, Waghorn buzzing around him feeding off him, hopefully he will take the focus of the defence and create more space for our other attacking players.

Or maybe he will be employed as a plan B, I don't know, but I am not going to write him off as just a target man to lump it up to until I see him play for us.

...and he was free so we didn't pay much for him.

Archived