Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Marko Futacs signs for Leicester

Uhm, Pearson often plays 443. In fact, it was his tinkering with that last season that killed some of our good form.

His tinkering? You mean when we had loads of injuries and suspensions and we had to go with 3 in the middle (one being Sol). Bit harsh.

Because in the words of Fleetwood fans "he's as good on the left wing as he is up front". I can't see him starting ahead of Nugent and Beckford, we'll have Waghorn and Fuctas as cover up front, but we currently have very little in the wide positions. Whether it's starting or coming on as sub, I can see him playing wide quite often as well as up front if pace is needed.

Many of his goals have been cutting in from the left and running from deep to get in behind the defence. He's quick and puts in a lot of effort, so I think he has the qualities that could mean he works out there.

Could be very wrong, but with the balance of the squad as it stands prior to more ins and outs I think, it's a fair shout.

Didn't see that (the comment that is), what I have seen in the few clips I have viewed is a player somewhat like Nugent who does not play 'up top' but prefers to run at defences with the ball at his feet and like Nugent he likes to pull out to the left.

IIRC, NFP has played Nugent wide on occasion and although he worked hard getting up and down his flank he virtually disappeared as a goal threat, it is that this may be duplicated with Vardy that I find troubling.

Now if we are really going to play 4-3-3 or some variation, that really could be quite interesting....... :thumbup:

Because in the words of Fleetwood fans "he's as good on the left wing as he is up front". I can't see him starting ahead of Nugent and Beckford, we'll have Waghorn and Fuctas as cover up front, but we currently have very little in the wide positions. Whether it's starting or coming on as sub, I can see him playing wide quite often as well as up front if pace is needed.

Many of his goals have been cutting in from the left and running from deep to get in behind the defence. He's quick and puts in a lot of effort, so I think he has the qualities that could mean he works out there.

Could be very wrong, but with the balance of the squad as it stands prior to more ins and outs I think, it's a fair shout.

I agree, I certainly think it's worth trying him there before we think about signing another winger. At least in the pre season games, which we haven't even played one of yet.

"His height naturally offers some variety to our attacking options, but he is a very gifted player whose technical strengths should not be underestimated."

Nige, you could've just said "he's got a good touch for a big man".

I'm very happy with this. If Beckford stays we're potentially going to have a ridiculously good front 4 to rotate, providing that Vardy and Futacs settle in nicely. Winger and centre back now please Nige.

I'm very happy with this. If Beckford stays we're potentially going to have a ridiculously good front 4 to rotate

Or if Beckford goes. Nugent/Vardy/Futacs/Waghorn.

Another young, relatively untried player.

We'll have to hope Pearson knows what he's doing.

Same with the others, I don't know Futacs as I've seen only seen him play once.

We must trust Pearson again. There is literally nothing else we can do.

This, but ive got a good feeling he will be a useful player for us. He is hungary after all . . . . . . .

Read this football league regulation. I think it means no compensation is due as Pompey offered Futacs a worse contract.

http://www.football-...3633_2125731#64

But why would they offer a worse contract? If they knew he was going surely they would offer him the same anyway just for him to refuse it and then get a bit of compensation.

Agreed but as much as I'd like to see waggy play a part next season, I'm just not sure he will. Lets hope im wrong.

I don't see why he wouldn't, Pearson is clearly a big fan.

Happy with this. The squad's getting there now.

If I was in charge, my next priority would be a defender or two, then one more midfielder (winger/CAM/DM), maybe a backup GK, then that should be it, unless we can find more players with potential for the youth teams.

But why would they offer a worse contract? If they knew he was going surely they would offer him the same anyway just for him to refuse it and then get a bit of compensation.

Maybe they couldn't afford to risk him actually accepting the offer.

But even if he did they would be no wrose off, just paying the same money?

Well no, maybe they could only afford to keep him if he took a wage cut. They were in pretty bad shape financially in the Championship, it isn't going to be any easier in League One.

And if he turned around and accepted it?

Nice to see effectively the same thread I started on Saturday (but was removed by the mods presumably!) has been re-ignited!

Because now it has been confirmed, before that it was in the transfer section where these deals are discussed before official confirmation.

Archived