Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Marko Futacs signs for Leicester

I bet you say that after every signing

I remember someone on here said he nearly "creamed his pants" when we signed Gelson Fernandes

Gelson Fernandes was a good, exciting signing this time last year.

And when he left us he went and was practically ever present in a side who finished 3rd in Serie A.

What's wrong with getting excited over that one? At least pick a decent example before talking absolutecrap.

Gelson Fernandes was a good, exciting signing this time last year.

And when he left us he went and was practically ever present in a side who finished 3rd in Serie A.

What's wrong with getting excited over that one? At least pick a decent example before talking absolutecrap.

Of all the signings he looked the most promising given his reputation.

God, I hate you.

God forbid someone wants to see us win more than they want to see us pass the ball around our defense for 90 minutes. Watching your team win 1-0 regularly is surely more entertaining than watching them lose 4-3 on a weekly basis. Sousa and Sven tried to play attractive football but it was nowhere near as effective as the 'hoofball' we played with Fryatt and Howard upfront under Nigel last time around. Surely having a target man as an option to bring off the bench at the very least, is a good thing.

Winning football is entertaining football, and if playing a target man aids that (Like it did under Nigel last time around) then I'm all for it.

Disagree massively. Watching your team cluelessly punt the ball forward for ninety minutes is ****ing terrible whether you win or not.

I don't want us to simply win at any cost I want to be entertained for as close to ninety minutes as possible. Hence why I'd take Bamba over Chester, Maguire or Morgan any day of the week.

I pay a lot of money for my season ticket, I don't want to sit bored for ninety percent of the season only to get to cheer the odd flick-on goal from a bit of route one.

I hope Fuctas isn't like that, I hope he has a reasonable touch and proves to be our Mario Gomez. But in my experience of football at this level, as soon as we stick a tall player up front we just blast the ball away hopefully with little thought or intelligence.

Frankly, if we're going to do that all year I'd rather save my money and go watch the speedway next season instead.

Did you then, out of interest, enjoy the Sousa/Sven season more than the season Nigel got us into the play-offs?

Personally yes, I got fed up under NP first time around and going to games became a chore

Disagree massively. Watching your team cluelessly punt the ball forward for ninety minutes is ****ing terrible whether you win or not.

I don't want us to simply win at any cost I want to be entertained for as close to ninety minutes as possible. Hence why I'd take Bamba over Chester, Maguire or Morgan any day of the week.

I pay a lot of money for my season ticket, I don't want to sit bored for ninety percent of the season only to get to cheer the odd flick-on goal from a bit of route one.

I hope Fuctas isn't like that, I hope he has a reasonable touch and proves to be our Mario Gomez.

I read on portsmouth-mad.co.uk that he is "very able" with his feet. Good news and hopefully true.

It'll certainly be interesting to see how/if Beckford,Nugent,Vardy,Futacs,Schlupp and Waghorn will be utilised in the same squad. Hopefully Schlupp is loaned out.

Personally yes, I got fed up under NP first time around and going to games became a chore

I just can't understand that view, we had a side that we could really take pride in, that were passionate about playing for the club and we were winning most of our games. Can't say I was around for the majority of the MON era due to age, but I was under the impression that it was a lot more to do with that, than watching any beautifull football. I can to some extent understand people who don't want us to get promoted because we'd get slaughtered in the Premier League and what I want to watch most is us winning games, but I simply can't understand why people would rather watch us play an 'attractive' style of football and finish mid-table rather than watching us play effective football and winning games more often than not. But then personally I found the style of play we used under Nigel more enjoyable than that we played under Sven so maybe I'm just weird. :blush:

I read on portsmouth-mad.co.uk that he is "very able" with his feet. Good news and hopefully true.

It'll certainly be interesting to see how/if Beckford,Nugent,Vardy,Futacs,Schlupp and Waghorn will be utilised in the same squad. Hopefully Schlupp is loaned out.

If we are after that Harry Maguire from Shef Utd Schlupp loan the other way could be part of the deal

I hope Fuctas isn't like that, I hope he has a reasonable touch and proves to be our Mario Gomez. But in my experience of football at this level, as soon as we stick a tall player up front we just blast the ball away hopefully with little thought or intelligence.

Frankly, if we're going to do that all year I'd rather save my money and go watch the speedway next season instead.

I do. As long as we are not dirty and keep 11 men on the pitch, I would like to win in any way we can, as much as we can.

Maybe we should run a poll, something like:

Which outcome to the season would you prefer:

A: A team that is well organised, concedes few, and wins enough games by the odd goal to finish in the top 2.

B: A team that is less well organised, likes to play entertaining, passing football, scores a lot of goals, but can't see enough games out and ends up finishing mid table. Along the way they will have been very entertaining, playing many sides off the park at times.

I would be interested to see the results of this poll, just to see if I am in the minority if nothing else.

I just can't understand that view, we had a side that we could really take pride in, that were passionate about playing for the club and we were winning most of our games. Can't say I was around for the majority of the MON era due to age, but I was under the impression that it was a lot more to do with that, than watching any beautifull football. I can to some extent understand people who don't want us to get promoted because we'd get slaughtered in the Premier League and what I want to watch most is us winning games, but I simply can't understand why people would rather watch us play an 'attractive' style of football and finish mid-table rather than watching us play effective football and winning games more often than not. But then personally I found the style of play we used under Nigel more enjoyable than that we played under Sven so maybe I'm just weird. :blush:

MON's side didn't have a rep for it but they DID play good football, that Pearson side didn't they played effective restrictive/counter attacking football, the buzz of winning games for the 1st time in years only goes so far before you want to see SOME passing play

MON's side didn't have a rep for it but they DID play good football, that Pearson side didn't they played effective restrictive/counter attacking football, the buzz of winning games for the 1st time in years only goes so far before you want to see SOME passing play

Yes but if you can't have both, which would you chose? See my poll example above, A or B?

that's the thing you can have both, you don't have to be world beaters but 2 or 3 spells a game where we knock the ball around with ease and composure and actually build an attack isn't beyond a Championship side

Yes but if you can't have both, which would you chose? See my poll example above, A or B?

He has just answered that, I don't for a second understand his point of view but at least he's consistent. I also think it's harsh to say we played no good football under Nigel, we did (at times) play some very good attacking football, not passing football perhaps but surely attacking football is more enjoyable to watch than passing football?

5 goals once

4 goals twice

3 goals four times

2 goals twelve times

Finishing in the playoffs and losing on pennos without playing any good footy is some going.

Why did I waste all my +rep...?

Winning football is entertaining football, and if playing a target man aids that (Like it did under Nigel last time around) then I'm all for it.

No it's not. Is that why so many WHU fans hated Big Sam's style of football despite it being so successful for most of the season? It's effective football at best.

I'd like us to be as successful as we can but to at least try and play some entertaining stuff.

http://www.portsmout...860/index.shtml

Futacs Completes Foxes Move

But will we miss the tall Hungarian?

Marko Futacs has been confirmed as a Leicester City player today after rejecting a new deal from Portsmouth, although Pompey will receive compensation as the Hungarian is under 24 and was offered a new deal.

It's a shame that Futacs has gone but it was hardly unexpected, was it? After all, you wouldn't turn down a job at IBM if you're working the checkouts at Tesco, would you? Especially if your boss said that you could only stay at the company if you simply stacked the shelves.

Marko would have been an asset at League One level. Whilst his presence on the pitch may have meant that other players were drawn into playing the long ball, he was actually very able with the ball at his feet.

I'm unsure why Michael Appleton refused to utilise Futacs more often, reducing him to a substitute role when he was probably good enough to start matches and score more than the six goals he did for us.

Foxes fans would have seen for themselves how powerful his left foot is after his powerful debut goal at the King Power Stadium and with that added to his other attributes, it would not surprise me to see Futacs have a crack at the Premier League later in his career.

It's just a shame that he wasn't able to fulfil his potential at Fratton Park.

No it's not. Is that why so many WHU fans hated Big Sam's style of football despite it being so successful for most of the season? It's effective football at best.

I'd like us to be as successful as we can but to at least try and play some entertaining stuff.

Because his style of football didn't put them in a position that was actually above or in line with their expectations. Still didn't see too many complaining about the style of play when they won the Play-Off Final.

Did you then, out of interest, enjoy the Sousa/Sven season more than the season Nigel got us into the play-offs?

I also did, some of the goals we scored were unbelievable. Pearsons playoff campaign was more than 50% dire, still can't believe that squad made top 6 the only time I was genuinely impressed were in the last 5 games we started to look half decent with a few loans and Solano in at right back.

I made this point yesterday. Some of the games we saw under Sven were great! Derby at home 4-0 I think being one of them.

Unfortunately some were horrendous too.. Millwall at home nil-three being one of the worst.

I'm hoping Pearson at least gives us some consistency in performances.

They were only complaining when they weren't winning.

Archived