Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
undey

*Move some players on!*

IndieRich wow surprised you didn't get the England job with you tactical awareness and excellent sporting quotes!

I didn't apply.

Seriosuly though, you're just going to try and laugh it off rather than try to answer my points?

If Marshall, Knockaert or Dyer get injured, who would deputise if we sell Gallagher?

If we get a load of suspensions and injuries in midfield (think end of last season when Sol ****ing Bamba had to play there!) who would deputise if we sold King?

Seriously, I'd love to hear your solution - what would you do, throw a couple of youth team players in?

I'm not saying they should be playing week in, week out, but the whole point of having a squad is to have players who can come in when others are injured, suspended or out of form. It's far better to have a healthy sized squad than to be short on numbers, why on earth would you think anything different?

Cue a post along the lines of 'LLLLLOLZ IndieRich u shud be the Man City manager!'

Absolutely nothing wrong with the squad we have.

To say some of the new signings like Futacs will get frustrated because he wouldn't start is utter rubbish, Futacs will get played against the more physical sides in the division, he is our plan B option. Will cut it short on Beckford, I would happily start him alongside Nugent, I believe he will play better this season, but I also feel he may do a DJ Campbell, look good in Pre Season but still get sold in later August.

The defence is absolutely fine, we need to add in defence instead of getting rid of players. Midfield is currently fine aswell, only one player which might get frustrated is Paul Gallagher I doubt we will see him much this season, even on the bench as I think Marshall, Knockaert and Dyer will be our wingers.

But we don't need to move on some players, Pearson is happy with this squad number and competition for places is reasonable, unlike last season, when you had about 8 players fighting for a central midfield spot, and four fit centre backs who never got injured fighting for only two places.

LLLLLOLZ IndieRich u shud be the Man City manager! Haha no but to be fair you probably are right that youth players aren't the right answer I guess what I was trying to say was more that where have we ever got with king and Gallagher, I suppose we nearly did the past few season and maybe if we mix them with these new players it could be the right formula..

Nobody in this division can afford Beckford maybe Blackburn if they miss out on Rhodes, but keeping Beckford for the mean time may be helpful to our chances of promotion, he isn't the be all with regards to that but the squad we have now is good enough for promotion imo, we could do with a playmaker to make us standout candidates but I am feeling positive so far.

There is no point getting rid of King and Gally.

Yes they may have had average seasons, but they are at the very least great squad players and will get their chance at some stage.

Both are the kind of player to work for a place in the side in my opinion (rather than sit around collecting dust/paychecks) and these are exactly the kind of players you need.

Takes more than 11 + subs to succeed.

Happy fox you reckon that pkaymaker could have been Murphy if he hadn't gone to Blackburn?

Yeah I think we missed out there but Blackburn have parachute payments so are likely to offer wonga wages so it would have ruled us out, but other candidates for that playmaker role who have experience key thing imo are Koren, Buzasky, Liam Lawrence and James Henry

LLLLLOLZ IndieRich u shud be the Man City manager! Haha no but to be fair you probably are right that youth players aren't the right answer I guess what I was trying to say was more that where have we ever got with king and Gallagher, I suppose we nearly did the past few season and maybe if we mix them with these new players it could be the right formula..

Well you've just aswered your own question - we nearly got promoted with those two playing key roles in midfield. I'm not saying start them every week, but it's good to know we've got that strength in depth if we need it.

I think a backup CB is needed whilst st ledger is out for sure! Wouldn't mind seeing Bruma back to be honest! Still remember those 2 Marshall goals in the same game! Unbelievable tekkers!

I think he played in midfield for that game. He wasn't that good in defence, iirc.

Who was that Portuguese chap who we only saw one or two times due to injury and he was decent now he's playing for like benfica or another big Portuguese side?

Miguel Vitor, he was quality when he was here, shame we couldn't have kept hold of him. I think realistically we probably need to look at the loan market, Nathaniel Chalobah from Chelsea or Andre Wisdom from Liverpool would both be decent options on loan. I was hoping we might sign Craig Dawson, but since the Olympics his value is bound to have shot up just by virtue of being selected, so I think we've probably missed the boat on him, which is a shame.

Absolutely nothing wrong with the squad we have.

To say some of the new signings like Futacs will get frustrated because he wouldn't start is utter rubbish, Futacs will get played against the more physical sides in the division, he is our plan B option. Will cut it short on Beckford, I would happily start him alongside Nugent, I believe he will play better this season, but I also feel he may do a DJ Campbell, look good in Pre Season but still get sold in later August.

The defence is absolutely fine, we need to add in defence instead of getting rid of players. Midfield is currently fine aswell, only one player which might get frustrated is Paul Gallagher I doubt we will see him much this season, even on the bench as I think Marshall, Knockaert and Dyer will be our wingers.

But we don't need to move on some players, Pearson is happy with this squad number and competition for places is reasonable, unlike last season, when you had about 8 players fighting for a central midfield spot, and four fit centre backs who never got injured fighting for only two places.

Good post buddy.

Yeah anyway, I would take Miguel Vitor back in a click of a finger.

He along with Naughton have probably been my favourite loan signings for some time. We will never get him back, but at least we got to see a joy of a talent in a Leicester shirt.

Probably going to get abuse for this but here goes! Ok so I am here thinking of a potential starting 11 against Peterborough and coming up with a decent squad which I believe is very capable! Schmeichel, De Laet, Morgan, Whitbread, Konchesky, Knockaert, Drinkwater, Danns, Marshall, Nugent, Vardy. Then I come to think of who I have left out and think of Futacs, James, King, Beckford Dyer. All players who I think would get into a championship squad. So here are my points, 1. Some of the left out players are new signings who I can't imagine will be pleased to join a new club and sit straight to the bench! 2. I can see this leading to more fallouts like last season and bringing a hostile squad environment which obviously isn't going to help! My conclusion, move on players such as King (yes the player we were worried about losing to a premier league club this time last year for a couple of million! Wasn't that million dollar man this season was he?) Gallagher aswell, yes he scores a Marshall goal every now and again but no consistency. I believe we are entering a new era and want to let these once good servants to our wonderful club move on and let us fulfill our goal of reaching the top flight of English football! But hey ho in Nigel and 'Shakey' we trust!

Whitbread is injured isn't he? also Dyer is getting on and probably suits being a super sub better. James is a youngster with potential so doubt he'd break in straight away. King's come back from a long injury so he'll break in. Futacs is a target man, replacing Howard but he is also young and sitting on a bench and getting paid for it is better than a free agent he won't mind ;) but I agree some first team players last season may get pushed out with such a strong squad. however, theres also injuries to consider, fitness and bans we had trouble in the middle at one point due injuries and fitness!

Archived