Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxKing10

Kid Panayiotou Off The Bench & Scores 2 For The Reserves

He wont be getting near the first team lets face it. Beckford, Nugent, Vardy, Waghorn, Futacs, Schlupp. All ahead of him and he wasn't with the full squad pre-season. It's a shame but hes still only young! Exciting for the future.

Your right , I guess as a manager you gotta be brave , like Moyes playin Rooney at 16 , Ferguson with Giggs Neville Scholes etc at17 , Wenger with Walcott , Oxelaide etc. Just hope the brave dont snap him up.

Guest MattP

Your right , I guess as a manager you gotta be brave , like Moyes playin Rooney at 16 , Ferguson with Giggs Neville Scholes etc at17 , Wenger with Walcott , Oxelaide etc. Just hope the brave dont snap him up.

That's some pretty decent company you are putting him in with there, if he was anything along the lines of those players in terms of talent he would be in the squad already or have moved on by now to bigger things.

Watched him today , looks absolute class the kid , hope we get to see him in 1st team sooner rather than later. If good enough then old enough.

Any other details I'm sure someone must have assisted him and he must have had an opposition to score against? :P

He has a better goals/game record than all of them. :ph34r:

He has a better goals/game record than all of them.

Bloody hell guys, lets not get carried away here! I'm sure he's got some talent and a lot of potential, but NP is no mug and he and his staff have proven to be very shrewd when it comes to spotting talent - do you think if they had the next Wayne Rooney sitting in the under-18's they wouldn't know about it?! NP obviously does think he's got the potential to make the step up because he's played him in the first team - he obviously thinks there's something there but he's not quite ready yet.

And let's not forget - he's the one who recognised Andy King had the talent to make the step up and brought him into the first team, so it's not like he just ignores young talent.

I'd say Hopper is a better prospect, but I suppose because he didn't score on his debut, he must not be as good :ph34r:

In NP we trust :pearson:

Any other details I'm sure someone must have assisted him and he must have had an opposition to score against? :P

Played Notts.C Score 3-3. They started with Hopper Up front , They were losing 2-0 at half time then Tom Parkes got a goal , then went 3-1 down then Panayiotou came on and scored 2 late goals

Bloody hell guys, lets not get carried away here! I'm sure he's got some talent and a lot of potential, but NP is no mug and he and his staff have proven to be very shrewd when it comes to spotting talent - do you think if they had the next Wayne Rooney sitting in the under-18's they wouldn't know about it?! NP obviously does think he's got the potential to make the step up because he's played him in the first team - he obviously thinks there's something there but he's not quite ready yet.

And let's not forget - he's the one who recognised Andy King had the talent to make the step up and brought him into the first team, so it's not like he just ignores young talent.

I'd say Hopper is a better prospect, but I suppose because he didn't score on his debut, he must not be as good :ph34r:

In NP we trust :pearson:

They were playin Notts.C . Losing 2-0 then Tom Parkes got 1 back , then 3-1 down then Panayiotou came on and got 2 goals. Hopper started up front with the new guy they signed from Leamington

I'm no fan of Pearson's style or philosophy but one thing you cannot criticise him for is holding back young players. He's cares little for reputation and if he thinks you are good enough then you're in the team. He allowed King, Hoobs, Morrison, McGivern (sadly), Cleverly, Mattock, Gradel time in the team and gave them chance to grow.

When Harry is ready Pearson will play him.

I'm no fan of Pearson's style or philosophy but one thing you cannot criticise him for is holding back young players. He's cares little for reputation and if he thinks you are good enough then you're in the team. He allowed King, Hoobs, Morrison, McGivern (sadly), Cleverly, Mattock, Gradel time in the team and gave them chance to grow.

When Harry is ready Pearson will play him.

Spot on. If we had the next Mark Davies or Tom Cleverley in our under 18s he wouldn't be there for long under Pearson.

Archived