Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TommyB

Jamie Vardy

Funny player. I am a fan of his but he's definitely got to up his game in some parts.

His work rate is terrific and I think the fact him and Nugent alone will force teams into mistakes is a huge benefit in a league like this. His finishing's been a bit dodgy at times but 3 goals in 10 starts isn't awful, 3 assists as well which isn't bad.

Finishing needs work, and he doesn't seem to get on the ball that much either but when he does he looks pretty good. I think considering the step-up he's made he's done very well and I reckon there's a lot more to come.

I think anyone who seriously expected him to be hitting 30 like he did last year is in dreamland too. I said start of the season he'll get 10-15 with a decent number of assists. Truth be told, he's been absolutely everything I expected, and I like him. The team is far better with him in it than Beckford and I hope people will start to realise that.

He's a great player and I can't believe somne are being negative towards him. 10 games, 3 goals and 3 assists is not exactly world beating but for a player that has just moved up two divisions it certainly isn't bad. But more than that he brimngs so much more to the team. He runs all game, moving people out of position and creating space for others. Really great signing I think and I think he'll get over 15 goals this season which aint too bad. Vardeh! Vardeh!! Vardeh!!!

X

I think anyone who seriously expected him to be hitting 30 like he did last year is in dreamland too. I said start of the season he'll get 10-15 with a decent number of assists. Truth be told, he's been absolutely everything I expected, and I like him. The team is far better with him in it than Beckford and I hope people will start to realise that.

Well said, I think some of our fans were expecting a World class striker to arrive from the non-league for some reason. He looks, so far at least, comfortable in Championship football and has played his part in a side that is yet to fail to score this season. A step up from Howard and Beckford so a good signing for me as I think you buy players that are better than those they're replacing, job done.

Well said, I think some of our fans were expecting a World class striker to arrive from the non-league for some reason. He looks, so far at least, comfortable in Championship football and has played his part in a side that is yet to fail to score this season. A step up from Howard and Beckford so a good signing for me as I think you buy players that are better than those they're replacing, job done.

He's a far better team player than Beckford (although actually a bit TOO unselfish at times lol) but there's no question for me Beckford was a better finisher. Vardy's far better value for money and like I say, there's more to come from him.

A very good point too, we've scored in every game he's played in.

Archived