Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxymcoxy

Offsides in todays game

Have you checked a video of the decisions? Because a lot of them looked very marginal to me and, unfortunately, linesmen often can't seem to register the run being started and the ball being played at the same time.

I don 't say it's easy either but it requires good peripheral vision and many officials seem to guess at what's right rather than actually giving what they see.

This is conclusively proven when replays show them to be wrong. If in doubt they should leave the flag down. Birmingham's back four looked woefully vulnerable at times and I'd not be at all surprised if some of our "offsides" weren't offside at all.

From where I was sitting (more or less level with the linesman) it did look offside. It's possible that the linesman's position wasn't all it should have been, but from where he was I can't blame him for making the call.

Archived