Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Son of a Fox.

Advice request - parking close to King Power?

Hello to all!

Wonder if anyone could help me?

My dad, who lives abroad, is a Leicester boy and a mad Foxes fan. He is coming over to the UK this week, for the first time in a few years, and I've got us tickets for the Ipswich game.

The problem is, I've no idea where I could park before the game, having only ever been to Filbert Street as a kid (If anyone wonders why I haven't gone since, it's because we moved to spaghetti land and I was then forced to become an Inter Milan fan at school - but I still look for Foxes results over any other English team's!!).

So my question is whether there is anywhere close to King Power I can leave a car? Obviously don't mind paying for parking, just don't know where to leave it? Is it a case of city centre car park and then walk across?

Really looking forward to it and it might just be enough for me to get into English football again. Certainly going to get a Foxes shirt for my baby son, want to keep the tradition going!

Cheers in advance for any help!

EDIT: Just realised that my name is "Son on a Fox". Dammit. Was meant to read Son OF a Fox. Son of a bitch.

EDIT: Just realised that my name is "Son on a Fox". Dammit. Was meant to read Son OF a Fox. Son on a bitch.

In response to the question there is plenty of spaces you can park for 3 quid around the heathers industrial estate I think it's called (google maps it). About a 5 minute walk from the stadium.

Hello to all!

My dad, who lives abroad, is a Leicester boy and a mad Foxes fan. He is coming over to the UK this week, for the first time in a few years, and I've got us tickets for the Ipswich game.

The problem is, I've no idea where I could park before the game, having only ever been to Filbert Street as a kid (If anyone wonders why I haven't gone since, it's because we moved to spaghetti land and I was then forced to become an Inter Milan fan at school - but I still look for Foxes results over any other English team's!!).

So my question is whether there is anywhere close to King Power I can leave a car? Obviously don't mind paying for parking, just don't know where to leave it? Is it a case of city centre car park and then walk across?

Really looking forward to it and it might just be enough for me to get into English football again. Certainly going to get a Foxes shirt for my baby son, want to keep the tradition going!

EDIT: Just realised that my name is "Son on a Fox". Dammit. Was meant to read Son OF a Fox. Son of a bitch.

Name changed to Son of a Fox. (note the full stop at the end as there is already a SON OF A FOX but they've only post once and that was back in 2007)

Hello to all!

Well done, hope you enjoy the game

Tigers car park is still £3 I think, that is the one between the Crumbie stand and Southfields college on Aylestone Road.

Quite easy to get away after as well, far better than Freemans common although I think you can park on the road up there for nothing, just a long queue after the game getting away.

Or if you're really lucky, the grass in front of Jewsons gets a couple of cars on it.

Hello to all!

You picked a great game to come and join us for ! Hope you found a space and enjoyed the goals !

Greetings to all!

Thoroughly enjoined our day last Saturday and - as you can imagine - the old man was made up! I think he spent £100 in the LCFC shop afterwards - mainly because he doesn't get to come over very often. Two shirts, a jacket etc...he kept going on about Lloyd Dyer all the way home. And why shouldn't he, what a game for the lad!

Amazing game to pick and so happy that we made the journey. I don't know what people say about King Power but for me it is a great stadium to visit. Will definitely be making it a more regular fixture and have already told the lady that will be traveling back up and taking the little one for his first game later this season.

Parking was no problem at all - so thanks to the excellent suggestions to you guys - much appreciated.

So, here's hoping that we (see, it's "we" now!) play like that for the rest of the season and get promoted - not least so the old man could see more of the Foxes on telly! Really made his day and he was wearing his shirt this morning when I took him back to the airport.

Sheffield today then - will be looking for a free stream for that!

Archived