Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Petrov19

Balde's Tackle

I'd just like to apolgise on behalf of Celtic fan's for this tackle. It was a disgrace and we all feel the same way. We had John Kennedy, a 19 year old promising defender crippled 18 months ago by a dreadful challenge when he was making his Scotland debut. He's still recovering from injury after his knee was shattered.

I won't defend the tackle but I can say that Bobo is not a dirty player. There wouldn't have been intent there. He is clumsy, yes, and even rash sometimes, but he wouldn't have intentionally injured the boy. He will apologise in public I'm sure but in all honesty, that won't make up for it in the slightest.

We all wish the player a speedy recovery and hope he comes back to fufill his potential.

140844[/snapback]

"As far as I'm aware no-one from Celtic has apologised." That's the initial reaction of CL to the gruesome breaking of young Wes's leg in a friendly last night.

Apologise! Even the Celtic fans are embarrassed and upset (at least one or two anyway). The tackle seemed shameful, an absolute disgrace and people talk about an apology.

It needs looking at carefully on the video but if it is shown to be malicious, if it is seen to have been deliberate, if it is seen to have been reactionary and irresponsible then a) Balde shouldn't be picked again for Celtic and B) Wes should sue him for every moment he's out of football.

The FA won't do anything of consequence. You see so many career threatening tackles in a season that something with lasting impact should be done.

As I say, study the video and if the facts dictate then go to court. The football authorities won't like it and neither will the clubs because it will raise all sorts of dragon heads but players should be answerable for actions like that. The police should also look at the tape to see if it was a malicious assault occasioning actual bodily harm.

If I kicked some kid in the street and shattered his shinbone (usually takes some force that) then there would be uproar. I know football is a physical sport with risks implied from the start but if the video suggests it was anything but an accident it is time to take the sort of stand which will rid such things from the game.

There is a marked difference between a clumsy or mistimed tackle and a vicious, reactionary and malicious one. The video will show the evidence and if the latter appears to be the case something of consequence should be done. You can keep the apologies.

140844[/snapback]

"As far as I'm aware no-one from Celtic has apologised." That's the initial reaction of CL to the gruesome breaking of young Wes's leg in a friendly last night.

Apologise! Even the Celtic fans are embarrassed and upset (at least one or two anyway). The tackle seemed shameful, an absolute disgrace and people talk about an apology.

It needs looking at carefully on the video but if it is shown to be malicious, if it is seen to have been deliberate, if it is seen to have been reactionary and irresponsible then a) Balde shouldn't be picked again for Celtic and B) Wes should sue him for every moment he's out of football.

The FA won't do anything of consequence. You see so many career threatening tackles in a season that something with lasting impact should be done.

As I say, study the video and if the facts dictate then go to court. The football authorities won't like it and neither will the clubs because it will raise all sorts of dragon heads but players should be answerable for actions like that. The police should also look at the tape to see if it was a malicious assault occasioning actual bodily harm.

If I kicked some kid in the street and shattered his shinbone (usually takes some force that) then there would be uproar. I know football is a physical sport with risks implied from the start but if the video suggests it was anything but an accident it is time to take the sort of stand which will rid such things from the game.

There is a marked difference between a clumsy or mistimed tackle and a vicious, reactionary and malicious one. The video will show the evidence and if the latter appears to be the case something of consequence should be done. You can keep the apologies.

140888[/snapback]

Friendly

140844[/snapback]

140888[/snapback]

I hope Weso sues him.Balde's record is not good and it appears an aggravated assault following on from a confrontation with Dion 5 minutes prior. May you recover speedily young Wes, and go on and help the new young brigade of LCFC get back to where we should be.

Not having seen this tackle could someone explain how the Mercury can describe it 4 times and make it seem like different tackles?

The young Australian went into a challenge with Bobo Balde and, while he won the ball, he came off worse and was stretchered from the field.

He went into a tackle on Bobo Balde and won the ball but was left grounded in agony and instantly signalled to the bench that it was serious.

"It was inexperience. James has gone in for a tackle, which, if you have played a lot, you know that, especially in pre-season, the likelihood is that you are going to get hurt. James went in hard and fair to win a tackle and he got there too early. Balde was late.

Then came Balde's horrendous tackle on Wesolowski, a tragedy for the teenager because he had shown up very well

Not having seen this tackle could someone explain how the Mercury can describe it 4 times and make it seem like different tackles?
The young Australian went into a challenge with Bobo Balde and, while he won the ball, he came off worse and was stretchered from the field.

He went into a tackle on Bobo Balde and won the ball but was left grounded in agony and instantly signalled to the bench that it was serious.

"It was inexperience. James has gone in for a tackle, which, if you have played a lot, you know that, especially in pre-season, the likelihood is that you are going to get hurt. James went in hard and fair to win a tackle and he got there too early. Balde was late.

Then came Balde's horrendous tackle on Wesolowski, a tragedy for the teenager because he had shown up very well

141276[/snapback]

Because its the Mercury?

Strachan's Response:

Celtic counterpart Gordon Strachan tried to deflect criticism of Balde, saying: "Everybody has been quite emotional, what with the boy having had a broken leg. We're all disappointed about that, but I think it's best we be careful about what we say.

"I knew it could have been a broken leg as soon as it happened so we wish the guy a quick recovery, but now we have to get on with it."

Well thanks for that Gord no problem - we'll pass the message on to young James -

err don't worry James it's disappointing but Celtic will just have to get on with it. :S:blink::huh:

Strachan's Response:
Celtic counterpart Gordon Strachan tried to deflect criticism of Balde, saying: "Everybody has been quite emotional, what with the boy having had a broken leg. We're all disappointed about that, but I think it's best we be careful about what we say.

"I knew it could have been a broken leg as soon as it happened so we wish the guy a quick recovery, but now we have to get on with it."

Well thanks for that Gord no problem - we'll pass the message on to young James -

err don't worry James it's disappointing but Celtic will just have to get on with it. :S:blink::huh:

141281[/snapback]

Pffft and if the boot was on the other foot? (so to speak)

I haven't heard any Celtic fans defending BB so far. Most of them say they're part of the Bobo GTF brigade although I'm not sure what that is I don't think it's in support of him due to past incidents too. All I can say again is get well soon Jim-Bob.

I'm sure Strachan's attitude would have been so different if Wesolowski or Stearman has broke Hartson's/Sutton's leg <_<

Balde is a pathetic excuse for a defender. He's clumsy, he's stupid, his tackles are late, he flies in without thinking... I bet this was intentional. I case my mind back to the time he just about crushed David Preece at Parkhead, the guy is a liability... Ashamed to have him in the SPL.

Archived