Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
scinnell

just a thought..

If nigel keeps with a 4-4-2 system, it's obvs we get overran and king can't cope in this position. But why don't we give him a go next to Nugent as a striker, he is easily one of the most composed players when finishing in our squad, just a thought?

I can't for the life of me figure out why Knockaert hasn't been giving the chance of playing off Nugent. Our striker options are embarrassingly bad and yet we'd rather take him off completely than vary the formation a little to try and get the best out of him. He was superb first half as he drifted inside through the middle. I'm sure the Guingamp fans said around the time we signed him that this was his best position?

I can't for the life of me figure out why Knockaert hasn't been giving the chance of playing off Nugent. Our striker options are embarrassingly bad and yet we'd rather take him off completely than vary the formation a little to try and get the best out of him. He was superb first half as he drifted inside through the middle. I'm sure the Guingamp fans said around the time we signed him that this was his best position?

That's not a bad idea especially as Vardy could switch and play on the right side.

If nigel keeps with a 4-4-2 system, it's obvs we get overran and king can't cope in this position. But why don't we give him a go next to Nugent as a striker, he is easily one of the most composed players when finishing in our squad, just a thought?

We don't get overran, we play brilliant playing through King & the rest. When we resort to long balling from the usual suspects Konch & Whitbread the midfield don't have a chance. Possession gets lost & we face opposition attack over opposition attack.

Saying that I'd change formation though playing either a 4231

RDL - Morgan - CB - Schlupp

King - Drinkwater

Marshall - Knocky - Dyer

Nugent

or a 4411

Marshall - King - Drinkwater - Dyer

Knocky

Nugent.

We don't get overran, we play brilliant playing through King & the rest. When we resort to long balling from the usual suspects Konch & Whitbread the midfield don't have a chance. Possession gets lost & we face opposition attack over opposition attack.

Saying that I'd change formation though playing either a 4231

King - Drinkwater

Marshall - Knocky - Dyer

Nugent

or a 4411

Marshall - King - Drinkwater - Dyer

Knocky

Nugent.

Many of us on here have advocated something like that for a while. We could even be more 'alternative' by going for a 3-5-2 with RDL and Schlupp as wide wing-backs. Both might flourish with different defensive responsibilities. Kingy and DD could sit a little deeper allowing Knocy to play behind a front two. But we all know (hope) that 'plan B' will be another stiker to play alongside Nuge in a 4-4-2. And therein lies the 'ahh but' moment with NFP ..... Anyone with half an ounce of sense would say he is a man of high intergrity, a grafter, dedicated, no-nonsense, thrifty, grounded. All characteristics we like and admire. But the jury has been out for many of us on his tactical prowess. Allied to his reluctance to open up in interviews, we are all left scratching our heads when things go wrong trying to understand what to us, as passionate supporters with a dangerously small amount of football knowledge seems 'obvious'. The first rule of great leadership is that people have to believe in you as a leader. Whilst we all admire and believe in so much this man brings to our club, it's hard to understand some of his philosophies when he elects tactics/selections that baffle us and offers no explanation of his reasoning. He HAS to be given a complete season - for me, almost irrespective of what happens between now and May - but any City fan who says (s)he is not concerned about our recent results (it's a results industry, as the cliche goes), is kidding themselves.

Archived