Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Joseph Raboomdiay

Ben Marshall

Am I correct that we started last night with marshall right and knocky left and then swithced at half time.the latter always works better for tyhem to cut inside on the better (only)foot and let the full backs go wide.

Agree with MD as soon as we start the sitting on it we take two steps back ,stand off just a little and allow the posssession to drift away.This group are generally good enough to keep the ball in tight areas and play their way through it-Prem style.

Am I correct that we started last night with marshall right and knocky left and then swithced at half time.the latter always works better for tyhem to cut inside on the better (only)foot and let the full backs go wide.

Agree with MD as soon as we start the sitting on it we take two steps back ,stand off just a little and allow the posssession to drift away.This group are generally good enough to keep the ball in tight areas and play their way through it-Prem style.

Looked to me that nuge went wide and Knocky moved into the middle in what was virtually a 451 after about 25mins.

Marshall is good at this level. Has a decent cross, a decent shot from distance, decent pace, decent technique, decent decision making. Can do his defensive duties reasonably well. I guess people want him to score a 35 yard goal every other match but i'd rather he quietly works out wide and we keep on winning games.

Didn't think he was on form again yesterday. I wouldn't go as far as saying he wasn't good enough, he was steady, but, I don't know, there just seems to be something up. A couple of times he come inside then gave ball away easily, and I'm pretty sure he would have converted that shot he had from the edge of the area if it was last season.

I still rate him though.

Didn't think he was on form again yesterday. I wouldn't go as far as saying he wasn't good enough, he was steady, but, I don't know, there just seems to be something up. A couple of times he come inside then gave ball away easily, and I'm pretty sure he would have converted that shot he had from the edge of the area if it was last season.

I still rate him though.

:thumbup:

Just something.... He doesn't look the lad full of confidence that we saw last season. I personally think he'd look pretty average if he wasn't playing in such a good side as he is at present.

Looking at him yesterday summed up how i've seen him this season. He's been fairly good for the most part without doing anything spectacular, but he's just a litte off at times. Yesterday he looked to me like the kind of player that does more than you realize and kind of blends in a bit rather than the guy we saw last season who scored spectacular goals and looked a future superstar. However, I don't think that's a bad thing as we don't need a team of spectacular players always trying to do fancy things. We need 11 players who perform week in week out who CAN do that spectacular thing when it's called for .To me, Ben Marshall fits perfectly. He's going to have lots of decent games and he can do the odd amazing thing when we need him to. Sure he loses the ball at times and makes some questionable decisions, but I beleive he is part of this starting line up that can get to the premier league and is one of the players that will keep his starting place once we get there. He's only young and he's got a bright future in the game, hopefully with us.

:thumbup:

Just something.... He doesn't look the lad full of confidence that we saw last season. I personally think he'd look pretty average if he wasn't playing in such a good side as he is at present.

Yeah, I agee Col. To be fair, I first noticed it when we played Blackburn at Ewood Park earlier in the season. It was strange then, looked like he had his head down.

Looked to me that nuge went wide and Knocky moved into the middle in what was virtually a 451 after about 25mins.

Nugent certainly dropped back and, as is his want, played mostly to the left. Knockaert had a bit more licence to come inside which he did although he still attacked down the right on occasions. Took a lot of the weight off Drinkwater and James whatever happened, was not that clear on the box..... :dunno:

Nugent certainly dropped back and, as is his want, played mostly to the left. Knockaert had a bit more licence to come inside which he did although he still attacked down the right on occasions. Took a lot of the weight off Drinkwater and James whatever happened, was not that clear on the box..... :dunno:

Was the box's for me hence my looked like, there was definitely a change of formation along those lines.

Archived