Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
broughtonblue

promised land and ticket prices

If we should be fortunate enough to get promotion, with the massive extra revenue coming into force in the prem next season, do you think ticket prices will increase dramatically or will us fans be still able to attend without stumping up huge amounts ?

Obviously the glamour ties, both Manchester clubs, chesea etc will be premium price, but the likes of wigan etc are not really any more exciting than games against forest, Leeds etc for me. So £35 for top games and £25 for others seems reasonable to me

edit: reading this back i can't believe we live in an age where £35 seems a reasonable amount to pay to watch 90 mins of football!

I doubt they'll rise much in the first season. If we start spending a lot to stay up from the second season onwards, you can bet they'll start rising quickly. The best thing for us as fans is Pearson remaining in charge. He's a lot like O'Neill, he buys the right player for the right price and doesn't waste money like Sven. As long as we don't fall into the trap of stupid transfer fees and outrageous wages, ticket prices can stay relatively cheap in comparison to others.

edit: reading this back i can't believe we live in an age where £35 seems a reasonable amount to pay to watch 90 mins of football!

No, it isn't imo. And I highly doubt, if we did get into the Premier League, that you could go to every away game. Which is a shame, because without fans, football is nothing. The prices for Manchester City fans at Arsenal the other week was disgraceful, no question about that.

I read the other day that there's going to be a campain to reduce away ticket prices to a max of £20, but I can't see that happening.

No, it isn't imo. And I highly doubt, if we did get into the Premier League, that you could go to every away game. Which is a shame, because with fans, football is nothing. The prices for Manchester City fans at Arsenal the other week was disgraceful, no question about that.

I read the other day that there's going to be a campain to reduce away ticket prices to a max of £20, but I can't see that happening.

yeah i heard about the £20 thing as well, but like you i don't see it happening!

You might want to edit the bit about football being nothing WITH fans in your post though!

Its a lot, but be thankful that you don't live over here is Spain. Ticket prices here are extortionate, to say the least...

example?

No, it isn't imo. And I highly doubt, if we did get into the Premier League, that you could go to every away game. Which is a shame, because without fans, football is nothing. The prices for Manchester City fans at Arsenal the other week was disgraceful, no question about that.

It definitely could happen, it would need a lot more people to start voting with their feet like the City fans though.

Archived