Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
andog

Next 10 League Games

If we failed to make the playoffs npw it'd be a catastrophe. My issue is that someone always drops away, usually Cardiff, and someone comes from nowhere to finish 2nd. Whilst we have put a run together its not pulled us any further from the chasing pack. Any of the teams below us are capable of bettering our current run whilst ours is bound to end

True, but the team that goes on a great run could be us this time. Who knows? Of course, we could be caught by a team below us, but we are in a good position, and we might well only need to carry on as we have been so far to finish in the top two.

Creating fantasies for the next 10 games will most likely end in disappointment.

We have to win at Peterborough, then we look towards Charlton, and then Blackpool. In that time, what if someone like Blackpool or Millwall gain a little form? Then we have a whole different scenario on our hands.

As long as we can carry our current form into Peterborough we should have no problems.

I obviously didn't see that thread, although the point of this thread is more to highlight the fact we're playing nobody else in the top 8 over the next 10 games, and the others around us have a lot of significant fixtures against eachother.

It doesn't mean anything in the Championship. Whether you have matches coming up against the Top Eight or Bottom Eight, all games are difficult.

In particular, when you look at the form curve of the teams we're about to face in the next ten league games - out of those, I fear Ipswich, Sheffield Wednesday and Barnsley the most, as all three teams have something to prove towards the end of this season:

30. A Peterborough (24th) High-scoring football's guaranteed when the Posh play their 3-5-2, but we should prevail; yet Boro have won four and lost four of their last ten games and we always seem to make it hard for ourselves over there (narrow Leicester win)

31. H Charlton (14th) Lost two in a row now and five in ten (Leicester win thanks to our home form and also to set things straight after the 2-1 away defeat)

32. A Blackpool (15th) Only two wins in their last ten games and Phillips is gone; a club in turmoil (slightly more optimistic now; I'd take a draw)

33. H Blackburn (13th) First win in four after beating Bristol City (Leicester win; time for a payback for the 2-1 loss at their place)

34. A Ipswich (19th) Still 4-3-3 in their last ten games and still on the up after a 4-0 thrashing of Middlesbrough; a team to watch out for - I seriously think we'll lose this one (Ipswich win)

35. H Leeds (12th) Five wins and five losses in their last ten games, which means we'll draw

36. H Sheff Weds (18th) Have lost only twice in their past ten games, and are undefeated in four (three wins, two in a row); dangerous game if we're not careful enough (Leicester win, but just)

37. A Derby (9th) Hit and miss in their last ten games (I still think we'll only draw)

38. H Millwall (10th) They've lost a few of their key players and are struggling and sliding down the table (only two wins in ten), plus Wood is now with us; time for some kind of a revenge dish, best served cold (Leicester win)

39. A Barnsley (22nd) Not sure what to make of the Tykes right now; granted, they're in the relegation zone, but have won three of their last four games - plus you know what to expect with Harewood and Etuhu up front. Havoc.

Good topic, i think about this kind of thing all the time, i know everyone plays each other twice but that kind of a run in fixtures is just what we need, and definitely gives us an advantage, if we can pic up 24-25 points over the 10 games, and be on a unbeaten run especially if we don't drop points at home teams will roll over a lot quicker i know its a lot of ifs and buts.... but i struggling to stay pessimistic about an (whisper it) automatic promotion spot.

Archived