Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
andog

Next 10 League Games

I was looking earlier this morning at our next 10 games coming up (up to 1st April).

We are against 0 of the top 8 (only 2 of the top 10 being Derby & Millwall)

Here they are:

Peterborough (A)

Charlton (H)

Blackpool (A)

Blackburn (H)

Ipswich (A)

Leeds (H)

Sheff Weds (H)

Derby (A)

Millwall (H)

Barnsley (A)

These games for me could be crucial for us to potentially pull away from the play-off pack.

We have taken an average of 2 points per game from the teams in the bottom half, against 1.64 points per game from those in the top half.

All the teams around us have a lot more games against eachother, and it goes without saying they can't be picking up maximum points in that time.

I'm all for looking towards the next game and the next game only, however I just wandered if anyone else thinks the next 10 could be a turning point?

Just to point out the games where the top 8 are against eachother in the same period:

Watford v Palace

Brighton v Hull

Palace v Middlesbrough

Burnley v Middlesbrough

Cardiff v Brighton

Brighton v Burnley

Middlesbrough v Cardiff

Palace v Hull

Burnley v Hull

Brighton v Palace

Watford v Burnley

Hull v Watford

Thoughts?

I was looking earlier this morning at our next 10 games coming up (up to 1st April).

We are against 0 of the top 8 (only 2 of the top 10 being Derby & Millwall)

Here they are:

Peterborough (A)

Charlton (H)

Blackpool (A)

Blackburn (H)

Ipswich (A)

Leeds (H)

Sheff Weds (H)

Derby (A)

Millwall (H)

Barnsley (A)

These games for me could be crucial for us to potentially pull away from the play-off pack.

We have taken an average of 2 points per game from the teams in the bottom half, against 1.64 points per game from those in the top half.

All the teams around us have a lot more games against eachother, and it goes without saying they can't be picking up maximum points in that time.

I'm all for looking towards the next game and the next game only, however I just wandered if anyone else thinks the next 10 could be a turning point?

Just to point out the games where the top 8 are against eachother in the same period:

Watford v Palace

Brighton v Hull

Palace v Middlesbrough

Burnley v Middlesbrough

Cardiff v Brighton

Brighton v Burnley

Middlesbrough v Cardiff

Palace v Hull

Burnley v Hull

Brighton v Palace

Watford v Burnley

Hull v Watford

Thoughts?

It's certainly an attractive run in and we should definitely try to make the most of it, but there are no easy games in this league. Anything over 20pts from those fixtures would be fantastic.

Difficult to predict accumulative results.

If it was possible everyone would be a millionaire.

But we've got where we are playing some difficult games... and it looks like our rivals have got their difficult games coming up, it does make it a good opportunity for us, so anything over 20pts would be great.

Following city for my whole life though I wouldn't be surprised by a couple of defeats in 'easy' games. We seemingly always make a balls up of Posh away for a start.... Or at least we certainly have in 'must win' matches.

At least there's 3pts off the sheep in there though.

Peterborough (A)

Charlton (H)

Blackpool (A)

Blackburn (H)

Ipswich (A)

Leeds (H)

Sheff Weds (H)

Derby (A)

Millwall (H)

Barnsley (A)

We need at least 20 points from those games if we want a chance with automatic, I reckon. Anything less and the other teams could still be close enough to us to challenge for 2nd, and we've got some tough games at the back end of the season (Cardiff, Palace, Watford). We could do with being a few points clear of 3rd by April, ideally.

If we can beat Peterborough, I'll wager that these 10 games will net us 23pts. 7 wins, 2 draws, 1 loss.

If we don't (and lose instead), I reckon we'll only manage 19. 6 wins, 1 draw, 3 losses.

Can't see us drawing with P'boro.

Derby Ipswich Leeds and Peterborough will beat us

Agree apart from Leeds. Can definitely see Peterborough taking us on Saturday though. Don't know why as we should beat them, but I can just see a loss somehow.

Derby run has to come to an end sometime. We had a blip in 09/10 where we lost four in a row, Derby could be part of the blip.

At the end of the day we're going to lose a couple or so games before the end of the season, it's inevitable as all teams will. How we respond to the defeats will see how well we do, whether it’s auto or play-offs.

PO’s are nailed on IMO though.

Agree apart from Leeds. Can definitely see Peterborough taking us on Saturday though. Don't know why as we should beat them, but I can just see a loss somehow.

Derby run has to come to an end sometime. We had a blip in 09/10 where we lost four in a row, Derby could be part of the blip.

At the end of the day we're going to lose a couple or so games before the end of the season, it's inevitable as all teams will. How we respond to the defeats will see how well we do, whether it’s auto or play-offs.

PO’s are nailed on IMO though.

If we failed to make the playoffs npw it'd be a catastrophe. My issue is that someone always drops away, usually Cardiff, and someone comes from nowhere to finish 2nd. Whilst we have put a run together its not pulled us any further from the chasing pack. Any of the teams below us are capable of bettering our current run whilst ours is bound to end

Archived