Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
steveherbe

The Hinckley Mob

Mods, if this is in the wrong place, please feel free to move.

Just wondered if any FT'ers - or even FT'ers dads - remembered the Hinckley Mob from the late 60's.Would be interested if any were posters on here. We used to stand in the kop, and have regular 'banter' with the lads from Loughborough. Happy days!

Mods, if this is in the wrong place, please feel free to move.

Just wondered if any FT'ers - or even FT'ers dads - remembered the Hinckley Mob from the late 60's.Would be interested if any were posters on here. We used to stand in the kop, and have regular 'banter' with the lads from Loughborough. Happy days!

Don't know if its relevant, but my wifes aunt used to arrange the bus from hinckley to games. She's been going for 65 years and still goes in the kop!

i remember them , i think the ringleaders were called Click and Griff .

You got them, Griff was Keith Griffin. Dont remember Click though. Most of us were from Hinckley Grammar School - now John Cleveland College I believe.Bloody hell, didn't think anyone would remember!! I'll just throw another couple of names out, Blair Chalmers and Dave Smith.

You got them, Griff was Keith Griffin. Dont remember Click though. Most of us were from Hinckley Grammar School - now John Cleveland College I believe.Bloody hell, didn't think anyone would remember!! I'll just throw another couple of names out, Blair Chalmers and Dave Smith.

"Click" was a tall lad with very bright ginger hair ( you couldn't miss him really) , I don't know why they called him that or what his real name was but he was quite distinctive and often used to get thrown out at away games :D

Don't know those names

as you said , happy times :thumbup:

"Click" was a tall lad with very bright ginger hair ( you couldn't miss him really) , I don't know why they called him that or what his real name was but he was quite distinctive and often used to get thrown out at away games :D

Don't know those names

as you said , happy times :thumbup:

There was one of the mob thrown out at Sheff Utd away for wearing a WWII tin helmet! That may well have been him.

So if you remember them, which mob were you?

Edited by steveherbe
  • Haha 2

I remember Keith.

Close friend of the family, can remember his brother Peter and his wife Lois,and their two kids Chris and Meg,even their dog which they called Brian I believe.

I lived next door, and use a wheelchair.

• Like 3

It was click clarke, he used to play football with us down sketchley field, I remember him climbing down the back of the kop and making off with the match ball one night game,.. I believe he joined a religious cult a few years after he stopped going down filbert street.. saw mr. Griffin in town last year. he did a long stretch inside for various naughty things, I believe he favoured the axe..

Edited by johnny the fox

There was one of the mob thrown out at Sheff Utd away for wearing a WWII tin helmet! That may well have been him.

So if you remember them, which mob were you?

We weren't really a mob , just a small rabble that used to stand close by :D

Gregg Chapman and Alan Calow are names i remember well .

It was click clarke, he used to play football with us down sketchley field, I remember him climbing down the back of the kop and making off with the match ball one night game,.. I believe he joined a religious cult a few years after he stopped going down filbert street.. saw mr. Griffin in town last year. he did a long stretch inside for various naughty things, I believe he favoured the axe..

Click Clarke, I do remember that name. And I'm not surprised Griff did time, he was bloody mental! Great lad to have on your side though. Thanks to all for filling a few gaps, if anyone else can add anything I'd love to continue this meander down memory lane. Anyone remember John Faulks from Barwell, or Andy Brown?

Edited by steveherbe

I always thought Click was a bit of a scallywag .

Must say I'm surprised that Griff turned out that way , I thought he was just a bit of a larey lad .

Does anyone remember "Elvis" ( don't know his real name)He was a bit of a simple lad that was always getting chucked out ?

We weren't really a mob , just a small rabble that used to stand close by :D

Gregg Chapman and Alan Calow are names i remember well .

I remember Dave Callow, he went on to manage Barwell in the Senior league. Must be related to Alan Calow as it's a fairly unusual name? Greg doesnt ring a bell, although to be honest, half of them were only known by their nicknames anyway. Perhaps I might recognise your real name Zingari!!

Thats weird, that is my uncle. He is a Birmingham fan though. Must be him though, I may have to ask.

Ay up me ducks.....I live in Gloucester now but I went to H. G. School and used to play footie with Bliar Chalmers in Queens Park in Hinckley and many other City fans. Memories.......................... :)

yip, you don't see youths playing 20 a side down the parks no more. they would rather play computer games, sad.

Edited by johnny the fox

He is / did both of those things. He must have done then! That's great, cause a lot of trouble the old Hinckley mob?? haha.

In that case, next time you speak to him, mention Steve Herbert, he may/may not remember me. The Hinckley Mob were a renowned bunch, very much kop leaders back in the day. Now we're just a bunch of old farts scattered around the country, living on memories!!

LesterGloster, you may well remember Dave Smith then? He lived not far from Queens Park, so must've got down there for a kick about.

Jumpers for goalposts indeed. Tell the kids of today, they wont believe you. 20 a side, first to 12 wins, no wonder we bred better players in those days.

Edited by steveherbe

yip, you don't see youths playing 20 a side down the parks no more. they would rather play computer games, sad.

I would happily go out with a few mates for a game of football, as sometimes we used to when we were at school. Now though, especially where I live, there are no fields to play football due to fencing around them. But this has to be in place to prevent people taking their dogs on a place where Sport is played, which rightly shouldn't be allowed.

Edited by Fox92

My mate, who is a Hinckley lad was talking about the Hinckley boys on our way to Peterborough. Said thet used to go in the Feathers pub. He said he learnt a lot about away day survival from them. it was part of a conversation ith a bloke called Knockout Bob, he can tell some great stories and used to hang out with the Hinckley lads.

• 6 years later...
On 13/02/2013 at 11:18, 1964FOX said:

My mate, who is a Hinckley lad was talking about the Hinckley boys on our way to Peterborough. Said thet used to go in the Feathers pub. He said he learnt a lot about away day survival from them. it was part of a conversation ith a bloke called Knockout Bob, he can tell some great stories and used to hang out with the Hinckley lads.