Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Oxfordfox83

Serious Question

The phone in is always the same, most callers know nothing, or just say stupid things, thinking we are going to get relegated and Pearson is not good enough.

Always been like that, then the people who listen to it complain about it, if you don't like it don't listen to it is my motto.

That is why I rarely listen, but instead of going by train I drove Tuesday so had the radio on going home.

Can't listen to Monday's programme at all. I bet the same callers ring in most weeks as well.

Maybe booing is a release of frustration more about someone's life in general, maybe the particular game is just the vehicle for the release? Some people have tough decisions to make, financial constraints and time pressures make trips to Leicester less regular for me than I'd like. So when I do go, I generally feel let down by the atmosphere, or lack there of, and occasionally let down by the team. If I chose to boo on occasions then I feel I have the right to do so. I respect others and their opinions, but here's a thought, if you're lucky to attend as a STH or similar, maybe you're more even tempered and able to accept the performance better than someone who is having a 'special occasion'.

I'd never get involved in the moan in, nor would I tweet abuse on twitter if I had an account.

Once I have paid my ticket money I will boo the fvck out of anyone I choose. If I get a Taxi and the cheeky cvnt of a driver then asks me which way to go I sit in the back booing the inadequate tosser and demand a price cut.

We keep hearing that football is now a business well if that is the case I want value for my hard earned money. If I paid £27.00 for a meal and it turned out the cook could not be arsed and the meal was shit you can bet I would be doing more than a bit of booing to let them know I was not happy.

It's high time these clubs and players knew the meaning of performance related wages like the rest of us. And if anyone does not like my opinion come round to my house and I will boo you till you cry.

Once I have paid my ticket money I will boo the fvck out of anyone I choose. If I get a Taxi and the cheeky cvnt of a driver then asks me which way to go I sit in the back booing the inadequate tosser and demand a price cut.

We keep hearing that football is now a business well if that is the case I want value for my hard earned money. If I paid £27.00 for a meal and it turned out the cook could not be arsed and the meal was shit you can bet I would be doing more than a bit of booing to let them know I was not happy.

It's high time these clubs and players knew the meaning of performance related wages like the rest of us. And if anyone does not like my opinion come round to my house and I will boo you till you cry.

I tend to agree with some of this.

Football, like everything, is about value for money.

FFP is about value for money also. That's why it's imperative to offload the likes of Beckford. The player does not represent value for money. Nowhere near it.

I think Football needs to develop with the times. One of the most bizarre things is the 'managerial merry go round' which sees the likes of McLeish failing at other clubs then suddenly being appointed at Forest. Personally, I'd go nowhere near him.. lol

Performance pay IS present in football of course, in terms of appearance money, goal bonus etc...

But I think it should be widened out and certainly salary capped.

Man City, with their billions, have made a mockery of the whole thing with highly average players being paid HUGELY inflated wages. Hell, Wayne Bridge was on c. 90k per week with them for example.

I think something has to give to be honest. If we get promoted, it's highly likely that some of our players wages will be increased still further. Eg. I wouldn't be at all surprised (though I don't know of course) if Beckford and Danns salaries are further increased if we go up.

The whole thing needs revising and FFP couldn't come quick enough for me.

I tend to agree with some of this.

Football, like everything, is about value for money.

FFP is about value for money also. That's why it's imperative to offload the likes of Beckford. The player does not represent value for money. Nowhere near it.

I think Football needs to develop with the times. One of the most bizarre things is the 'managerial merry go round' which sees the likes of McLeish failing at other clubs then suddenly being appointed at Forest. Personally, I'd go nowhere near him.. lol

Performance pay IS present in football of course, in terms of appearance money, goal bonus etc...

But I think it should be widened out and certainly salary capped.

Man City, with their billions, have made a mockery of the whole thing with highly average players being paid HUGELY inflated wages. Hell, Wayne Bridge was on c. 90k per week with them for example.

I think something has to give to be honest. If we get promoted, it's highly likely that some of our players wages will be increased still further. Eg. I wouldn't be at all surprised (though I don't know of course) if Beckford and Danns salaries are further increased if we go up.

The whole thing needs revising and FFP couldn't come quick enough for me.

Truth is col I never have and never will boo our players , just having a bit of a giggle. Though I do stand by the business and value for money opinion. :thumbup:

Archived