Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whoareyaaa

Charlton Match Thread

I'm never sure when you're being serious, which is why I don't address you personally. But I prefer to think of my 'idiocy' as not being a self-destructive influence on the long-term stability of the club. All change has worked so well over the last 10 years, hasn't it?

The right change is always a good think. People are afraid of change but its all about getting it right. Many times we have got it wrong

Would you have leveinout still in charge as it would be unstable to change? Taylor? Kelly? Pleatout?

Pearson needs A loan or maybe 3 now! seriously lacking, thought the lads would have been up for this tonight! I would like to see St Ledger come back into the side, but he need`s match fitness and where do we go forward with our midfield now.....? subbing knockeart and marshall? was that a mistake tonight, I can`t say much as I didn`t go to the match but sure someone else can comment.

The right change is always a good think. People are afraid of change but its all about getting it right. Many times we have got it wrong

Would you have leveinout still in charge as it would be unstable to change? Taylor? Kelly? Pleatout?

We were in the relegation zone or very close to it with all of those managers, we've never been anywhere near it under Pearson.

I respect the fact you know your stuff so I'll be polite and ask you to objectively list your views on Pearson's limitations in relation to the aforementioned motley crew.

Pleat predates me following football. I gave the rest a generous amount of time to turn things around, losing patience with Kelly in March 2007, Taylor in September 2001, Levein not long before we beat Tottenham and stood by that after the game. Changing manager should always be a last resort, and right now we're not in any real danger of missing out on anything. Why anyone would want to ever rock the boat without their club being in imminent danger of relegation is beyond me as it usually makes things much worse.

I would like, this season, promotion by any means. If we fail to finish top six, I will expect NP to no longer be our manager in May, and rightly so. If we fail in the playoffs, then the jury will be out and the "right change" should be looked at and a decision made no later than mid-June. What I don't like is kneejerk reactions as they are never a positive thing to happen to a club.

Chin up, there's a long way to go. Season isn't going to end today and there's no point overreacting.

We have no devine right to win games in this league so let's just see how it pans out. Confidence is obviously low at the moment and our Midfield is going through an extremely poor patch of form collectively.

Overall I'd have taken this at the start of the season....

Archived