Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
pablos111

NIGHT MATCHES YES OR NO

Night Matches  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Do midweek night matches make it more difficult for you to attend

2. 2. Did you realise if you missed 2 or more matches it could have been cheaper for you to go on a pay as you go basis.

3. 3. Do you think the Directors consider TV money before the fans feelings when changing matches in this way.

• Yes TV money seems to be more important than the fans
    • No they consider the fans feelings before anything

I feel quite annoyed at the number of changes and night matches played this season, for me as a season ticket holder I can usually manage one or perhaps two evening matches per season but due to work commitments any more than this is not possible. This season I feel I have been robbed of seeing matches as the number has increased substantially in many cases to suit TV.

Unfortunately for me next season buying a season ticket will be out of the question as I have worked out it would have been cheaper for me to just pay to go to the Saturday home matches on a pay as you go basis.

Anyone else feel the same?

I was under the impression the club didn't have a choice in the matter?

I really dont know although I beleive some matches were changed because of TV, perhaps someone from the club could enlighten us.

The other element in all this is that empty stadiums hardly create a good atmosphrere for the fans and players alike. There have to be many more with the same problems as myself otherwise surely we would be pulling 22000/25000 at midweek night matches, wouldn't we???

I really dont know although I beleive some matches were changed because of TV, perhaps someone from the club could enlighten us.

The other element in all this is that empty stadiums hardly create a good atmosphrere for the fans and players alike. There have to be many more with the same problems as myself otherwise surely we would be pulling 22000/25000 at midweek night matches, wouldn't we???

True, but all clubs are facing a similar problem. The sad truth is that the TV money more than makes up for list ticket revenue and at the end of the day that's what matters to football clubs now.

Really wish i'd not bothered with a ST now. Just feels like a complete waste of money.

Not gone to one game that has been on SKY and i've had to make some serious effort to get to the Tuesday night games which has left me knackered for the rest of the week, Only really recovered from Tuesday, this morning.

It'll be nearly 3 months between the last Saturday 3pm and the next, ridiculous.

Night matches mean rushing to get out of work in Coventry but they aren't especially difficult to get to. Getting home can be trickier because I rely on public transport but this season I've just been paying out for oneof the fooball buses so it has been fine. I quite like the odd night match. I'd miss cold Tuesday nights watching crap football, in a strange way. But the balance needs to be right and the midweek night matches should be a small minority of games.

Too many of them clearly makes it difficult for some to justify the price of a season ticket.

Night games aren't a problem at this moment but have been in the past due to shift work. Like it or not, we're stuck with them as there aren't enough weekends in a 9 month season to play 46 league games plus 2 cups. Very annoying when Saturday games are moved for tv though and I can certainly understand the frustration of season ticket holders who would be able to attend on Saturday only to have the game shifted to midweek when they can't attend.

that last question is a bit unfair

tv money over fans feelings

or fans feelings above anything

got to be a middle ground no?

plus if someone said to you ill give you £10,000 if you throw your sons favourite pair of boots (or whatever) away, unless youre the ultimate dad you aint gonna be taking your sons feelings into consideration are ya?

Sorry, but the last question is ridiculous - They've not much choice really, if sky wants, sky gets. I don't like it, but you can't really pin the blame on the club.

That tells me not to buy another ST but pick matches when its not on TV, the sad part to that is I will miss the fans that have been around me for years.

Archived