Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
savillefoxes

Fans fixture

Just playing Devil's Advocate here, but the club has no obligation to provide fans with any cheap tickets at all. So they've moved the super cheap ticket from one game to another, where the offer will be put to better use... So? I agree it's been handled extremely badly, butif people were planning on going to both games anyway it'll make absolutely no difference to them money-wise, in fact I'm sure a lot of people probably wouldn't have gone to the Brum game if it was full price and on telly, so this is actually a much better use of the cheap tickets offer - the people moaning about this are probably the same people who moan when the stadium's half full when the game's on TV.

It's a good way of boosting the attendance for the TV game and if you were planning on going to both anyway then you're not losing out at all. As far as I can see, the only people who should be annoyed about it are the people who want to pay £15 to see Leeds but not Birmingham, or the people who wanted to stay home and watch the Birmingham game on telly and go to the Leeds game for cheap...

Why should any game be more expensive than anyother ? all this bollocks about " Gold " and fans fixture what the fvck is that all about ? The tail is wagging the Dog and we are letting them dictate the price of matches as and when it suits them. If that is the future of " business " style football they can shove it up their greedy arses.

Just playing Devil's Advocate here, but the club has no obligation to provide fans with any cheap tickets at all. So they've moved the super cheap ticket from one game to another, where the offer will be put to better use... So? I agree it's been handled extremely badly, butif people were planning on going to both games anyway it'll make absolutely no difference to them money-wise, in fact I'm sure a lot of people probably wouldn't have gone to the Brum game if it was full price and on telly, so this is actually a much better use of the cheap tickets offer - the people moaning about this are probably the same people who moan when the stadium's half full when the game's on TV.

It's a good way of boosting the attendance for the TV game and if you were planning on going to both anyway then you're not losing out at all. As far as I can see, the only people who should be annoyed about it are the people who want to pay £15 to see Leeds but not Birmingham, or the people who wanted to stay home and watch the Birmingham game on telly and go to the Leeds game for cheap...

Are you on commission ? I have never heard such abject grovelling , are you employed by the club , are you a plant ?

Are you on commission ? I have never heard such abject grovelling , are you employed by the club , are you a plant ?

I just don't think it's that big a deal. If you're a season ticket holder it has no bearing on you whatsoever, if - like me - you go to quite a lot of games but not enough to get a season ticket, it all works itself out over the course of the season anyway, they're just moving the cheap tickets from one game to another and I was going to both anyway, so what does it matter? I'm not out of pocket in any way.

I wouldn't care if there were no cheaper fixtures at all during the season - I'd still go to the games becuase I love going. Does that mean I like the ticket prices? No, but there's nothing you can do about it - it's a unique product, the only thing you can do is pay up or vote with your feet and refuse to go. Moaning about it won't change anything. Unless there is a mass boycott for a prolonged period, ticket prices will remain the same and they'll continue to go up every season.

No... no grovelling here, just a big old dose of reality; football is a product now and the people who own that product are going to make you pay through the nose for it and you're extremely naive if you think a bit of moaning will change that.

Why should any game be more expensive than anyother ? all this bollocks about " Gold " and fans fixture what the fvck is that all about ? The tail is wagging the Dog and we are letting them dictate the price of matches as and when it suits them. If that is the future of " business " style football they can shove it up their greedy arses.

It's simple demand. More people are going to want to see Leicester play Forest than Barnsley - hence the tickets cost more. It's like saying 'why should any concert be more expensive than any other? I want to see the Rolling Stones play for the same price as that Status Quo tribute band down the Dog & Duck'

Again, football is a business and it has been for years - if you don't like it, no-one's forcing you to stump up.

The point is indie they sold tickets at fans fixture price so why shouldn't everyone be entitled to this. If they had stated there was only a limited number of fans fixture tikets available then fair enough.But to just change it like that is like i say taking the piss out of us once again

The point is indie they sold tickets at fans fixture price so why shouldn't everyone be entitled to this. If they had stated there was only a limited number of fans fixture tikets available then fair enough.But to just change it like that is like i say taking the piss out of us once again

And like I said, it's been badly mismanaged. I think the actual reason for changing it - i.e to get a bigger crowd for the Birmingham game - is a perfectly valid one, but the way they've done it it is ridiculous.

If people feel strongly though, write letters of complaint to the club and get on to the Leicester Mercury about it - moaning on here won't do much good.

And like I said, it's been badly mismanaged. I think the actual reason for changing it - i.e to get a bigger crowd for the Birmingham game - is a perfectly valid one, but the way they've done it it is ridiculous.

If people feel strongly though, write letters of complaint to the club and get on to the Leicester Mercury about it - moaning on here won't do much good.

By your measure neither will sticking up for them do much good on here. :rolleyes:

flowwolf every post i see from you on here you are bitching why dont you either support the club or **** off and support forest!! Reading your non comformist drivel is getting ****ing boring now

Then don't read it and fvck off to forest yourself. Christ this is only your second post and it's bored me already. :thumbup:

Just another pointer as to where this club and modern day football is heading. Utter contempt for the fans but that is what we should expect from owners who are business minded first and formost. Did any one think they bought the club because they have been closet city fans for years all the way over in Thailand ?

Just this year alone we the fans of many years standing have had to put up with matches being swopped around at the whim of Sky and our club just like the others in total control of Murdoch. We can all kiss out arses goodby to Saturday 3pm kick offs in the future , we will be lucky to get three or four a season at home. Thursday night maches and matches that should never have gone on in the first place and now the ultimate insult to our intelligence Electronic advertising boards .

If you want to really know how thick they think you all are their responce to complaints about them was to bull shit us with " it enhances the matchday experience " if that one statement does not tell you their complete and utter contempt for you mugs then nothing ever will.

all you seem to do is moan pal, the owners are business men like most owners now days.

all you seem to do is moan pal, the owners are business men like most owners now days.

Well if you don't like my opinion that is fine that's what forums are for. But it would help if you did a proper counter arguement to what I put in my post but I think you would be hard pushed to refute any of it.

Fans' fixture... Deary me. The concept that football matches should be anything other than for the fans is embarrassing.

...and if £15 is considered a reasonably price to charge a fan then that should be the price for all games.

Well if you don't like my opinion that is fine that's what forums are for. But it would help if you did a proper counter arguement to what I put in my post but I think you would be hard pushed to refute any of it. By the way I'm not your pal.

Archived