Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
johnny the fox

Mr. Pearson is a adequate manager, no more..

The fans are certainly split. I sit in the kop and you usually get a few lads at the back who try and start " there's only one Nigel Pearson" but no one ever sings it. There's some definite reservations.

I really can't decide. I don't think he's done too bad, but I do think people give him too much credit on here.

I guess my reservations stem from the investment he has been given, and his inability to have a plan B which has cost us so many points.

We only have to look at the rapid improvement to Watford, the extra guile Hull have found and of course the imposing improvement at our neighbours notts forest.

Only about 4 games ago people were posting about us having a promotion party at forest on the last day of the season... Now it's more likely to be the game to decide who gets in the play offs!!!

The fans are certainly split. I sit in the kop and you usually get a few lads at the back who try and start " there's only one Nigel Pearson" but no one ever sings it. There's some definite reservations.

I think his media personality doesnt do him many favours in this department. He is pretty dour for the most part on TV win, lose or draw and hes even worse on Radio Leicester at times. Stringer is a bit of a goon but Pearson responds to some fairly innoccuous questions as if Stringers just questioned his parentage and can also appear quite arrogant. I know in the grand scheme of things this isnt of any great importance and i also know that people will point to the likes of Holloway as managers who did appear charismatic in interviews but were far worse at the actual management than NFP (for us at least) I do believe though he'd be given a bit more slack from supporters when were in poor form if he just showed more enthusiasm.

I think his media personality doesnt do him many favours in this department. He is pretty dour for the most part on TV win, lose or draw and hes even worse on Radio Leicester at times. Stringer is a bit of a goon but Pearson responds to some fairly innoccuous questions as if Stringers just questioned his parentage and can also appear quite arrogant. I know in the grand scheme of things this isnt of any great importance and i also know that people will point to the likes of Holloway as managers who did appear charismatic in interviews but were far worse at the actual management than NFP (for us at least) I do believe though he'd be given a bit more slack from supporters when were in poor form if he just showed more enthusiasm.

Yep .... he's just hard to like as a bloke given the exposure fans have to him.

We had the same crowd reaction going on for Peter Taylor. Yet he got us back to back promotions. Some people expect perfection, yet it's hardly ever achieved.

He was also incompetent. And followed the best manager we have ever had so expectations were rightly high.

He was also incompetent. And followed the best manager we have ever had so expectations were rightly high.

Just realsied you're a Hull fan!!!

Just realsied you're a Hull fan!!!

Be kind, someone has to do it...... ;)

I used to visit my girlfriend who was at uni in Hull, it is, without doubt the coldest, dampest place I have ever had the misfortune to visit. No wonder our resident Tigers fan choses to live elsewhere...... :P

Be kind, someone has to do it...... ;)

I used to visit my girlfriend who was at uni in Hull, it is, without doubt the coldest, dampest place I have ever had the misfortune to visit. No wonder our resident Tigers fan choses to live elsewhere...... :P

I did too!!!!! It really is grim ... but the sunday roasts were brill and cheap as chips!!!

I did too!!!!! It really is grim ... but the sunday roasts were brill and cheap as chips!!!

First year my girlfriend was in residence, second year she and a friend bought a house, a half modernised 2 up 2 down, cost their parents about £500 each I think...... :o

Didn't last though, found a girl in Sussex to go and visit, much better climate...... :P

Archived