Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
johnny the fox

Mr. Pearson is a adequate manager, no more..

Its nothing to be ashamed of but that's the truth, deep down we all know it. Anybody really think he would be retained by the owners in the premier league for any length of time? In life we all have our limitations, as long as we strive to reach them ,we can ask no more. Im sure this post will be seen as another Pearson hating thread, its not meant to be, but as a top class manager Nigel lacks something when the chips are down, maybe my views are coloured by the o'neil years but this is my conclusion. please wait while I put my tin hat on, thanks..

I love the knee jerking on here

silly to describe my post as "knee jerk", I have NEVER posted anything regarding our manager before. this is my honest conclusion, why should I live in denial just to please you? I gave up blind faith when I found out there was no father Christmas..cheers..

I've never been a fan of Pearson mk2 ...... loved him first time around when the brief was different and he did a great job ..... but for me he has a ceiling to his capabilities and we are seeing that right now.... No plan B.

Everyone doing a job should learn and improve - but only if they are open minded and willing to listen and embrace new ideas. I just get the impression that NP is too stubborn to improve tactically fast enough.

It's all guess work based on the public persona we see and here and the tactics we see though.

Leicester City fans and the city itself have a fear of excellence and will generally settle for mediocrity. Soulsby refers to it as a loss of confidence and though he has his faults he's spot on. Richard iii perks you up and getting passed over on high speed rail kicks you in the teeth. The owners (who I don't think share this mediocrity problem) fantastically buy the ground and then the ipswich away performance. accept it. The majority are happy with Pearson. They have accepted our station in life which I suppose is sensible.

Pearson always builds from the back forward. No doubt he'd struggle in the first year back in the Premiership. However, given 18 months to buy better defenders he'll turn you into the Bolton of the 10's. The grass isn't always greener. I thought Leicester fans would be well aware of that by now.

The concern is the Chairman getting board and doing a Mike Ashley. He'll soon find himself frittering more money away than he ever expected if he gets all gung ho at that level.

He's turned Leicester from a joke into title challengers within a year. It's generally agreed that it takes at least three transfer windows for a manager to be able to truly call a team his own. Perhaps it's best to reserve judgement until he's had that amount of time at least.

I hate the short termism of the modern Chairman and fan.

Pearson always builds from the back forward. No doubt he'd struggle in the first year back in the Premiership. However, given 18 months to buy better defenders he'll turn you into the Bolton of the 10's. The grass isn't always greener. I thought Leicester fans would be well aware of that by now.

The concern is the Chairman getting board and doing a Mike Ashley. He'll soon find himself frittering more money away than he ever expected if he gets all gung ho at that level.

He's turned Leicester from a joke into title challengers within a year. It's generally agreed that it takes at least three transfer windows for a manager to be able to truly call a team his own. Perhaps it's best to reserve judgement until he's had that amount of time at least.

I hate the short termism of the modern Chairman and fan.

I thought he'd had 3 windows?

Loathe Pearson.....gave up my ST half way thro the season when he managed us in the championship first time. Couldn't believe it when he was brought back. Only attend a few games now...good news is that every game we lose is closer to his departure. He's overrated, boring and without personality! All this shows in his teams.

Lets face it there's no point coming on and stating this when the team have won. Hence the outpourings from the fans who feel as I do each time we lose. It's not knee jerk...just an opening to say what we feel. The blind idiots can tell us to shut up but the truth will out!

He is missing certain traits that make a good manager, his own stubbornness probably doesn't help though on days like today.

- Rarely differs from 4-4-2. One dimensional. No plan B. Clueless away from home.

- Management of certain players has to be questioned, over both periods.

- Recruitment of players has not been as good as some people are led to believe. The signings made this season are poor, in my opinion. Futacs, Vardy, Whitbread, Lingard - offered very little if anything. James, Kane, Keane - appear to be decent players, but very inexperienced and prone to errors/inconsistency. Only De Laet and Wood have regularly had a positive impact on the side. I think we're lucky to be in the playoffs but it's no surprise that the teams behind us are closing up the gap.

- He's been harping on about this togetherness due to the tight knit group he has all season. Well for me the squad is too small, look at the backup players we had on the bench today, nothing short of hopeless options for a top 6 side.

He needs to look at himself and his squad and make some adjustments else what looked like being a successful season is going to slip away from us.

Most people would consider being called adequate a reasonably good outcome. I know it has been a while since my wife described me as such, especially since that Tyrone fella moved in next door.

I sympathise, my mrs, ran off with my best mate sylvester last year, god I miss him..

I thought he'd had 3 windows?

Blimey you're right. I'd somehow convinced myself he'd left us in January. Still, If he was my manager I would be reserving judgement until after the summer. From my view from the outside looking in I'd be willing to wager money on you going up next year if it doesn't happen this. With Pearson in charge that is.

Guest ttfn

He is missing certain traits that make a good manager, his own stubbornness probably doesn't help though on days like today.

- Rarely differs from 4-4-2. One dimensional. No plan B. Clueless away from home.

- Management of certain players has to be questioned, over both periods.

- Recruitment of players has not been as good as some people are led to believe. The signings made this season are poor, in my opinion. Futacs, Vardy, Whitbread, Lingard - offered very little if anything. James, Kane, Keane - appear to be decent players, but very inexperienced and prone to errors/inconsistency. Only De Laet and Wood have regularly had a positive impact on the side. I think we're lucky to be in the playoffs but it's no surprise that the teams behind us are closing up the gap.

- He's been harping on about this togetherness due to the tight knit group he has all season. Well for me the squad is too small, look at the backup players we had on the bench today, nothing short of hopeless options for a top 6 side.

He needs to look at himself and his squad and make some adjustments else what looked like being a successful season is going to slip away from us.

Blimey, not sure I've ever seen you post about football before!

Nothing adequate about what he has done so far, some of our fans literally are brain dead, win and he is god, lose and he is an average joe!

I respect your opinion,I don't think your brain dead for having it.. but many don't agree, and have never seen him or anyone else as a god..

Loathe Pearson.....gave up my ST half way thro the season when he managed us in the championship first time. Couldn't believe it when he was brought back. Only attend a few games now...good news is that every game we lose is closer to his departure. He's overrated, boring and without personality! All this shows in his teams.

Lets face it there's no point coming on and stating this when the team have won. Hence the outpourings from the fans who feel as I do each time we lose. It's not knee jerk...just an opening to say what we feel. The blind idiots can tell us to shut up but the truth will out!

You couldn't believe it when we brought back the manager that got us straight back up from League 1 and then to the Championship playoffs in two successive seasons? We are now in with a shout of an automatic promotion place and firmly in the playoff picture!! Or shall we go back to the days of overpaid, egotistical, average performers aka Sven?

Nothing adequate about what he has done so far, some of our fans literally are brain dead, win and he is god, lose and he is an average joe!

I'd agree with this. He has his flaws, but what more can he do than send out a team that has won its last game? I see what he is trying to do, players playing well and getting points for the team should be rewarded with another start.

silly to describe my post as "knee jerk", I have NEVER posted anything regarding our manager before. this is my honest conclusion, why should I live in denial just to please you? I gave up blind faith when I found out there was no father Christmas..cheers..

No one ever posts stuff like this when we win 3-0.

No one ever posts stuff like this when we win 3-0.

Actually I have consistently been worried about Pearson's ability. After a good quality wi it would be ridiculous to express that opinion.

After a poor performance but still a win I've expressed my view and it's rounded on by the happy clappers.

You couldn't believe it when we brought back the manager that got us straight back up from League 1 and then to the Championship playoffs in two successive seasons? We are now in with a shout of an automatic promotion place and firmly in the playoff picture!! Or shall we go back to the days of overpaid, egotistical, average performers aka Sven?

That's correct....his football bores me! Which is why I stopped going. Watched most games under Sven and enjoyed it. Will return when the club comes to its senses and gets rid of Pearson.

When you've been brought up on attacking football served up by managers like gillies and bloomfield, the 'build from the back' dross served up right now is totally unpalatable.

That's correct....his football bores me! Which is why I stopped going. Watched most games under Sven and enjoyed it. Will return when the club comes to its senses and gets rid of Pearson.

When you've been brought up on attacking football served up by managers like gillies and bloomfield, the 'build from the back' dross served up right now is totally unpalatable.

We all have an opinion, and i respect yours but do you not think we play some exciting attacking football? We have scored 6 goals twice this season plus 4 against Derby. Our goal difference is the best in the league and we have a very good home record. Who would you have us replace Pearson with?

Archived