Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
johnny the fox

Mr. Pearson is a adequate manager, no more..

Some of the worse comments I've ever seen.....Pearsons the best manager in the Championship by a mile..Great signings and at times we've played fantastic attacking football best I've ever seen. Yes we've got an issue away from home but Pearson knows that better than any of you C***S. He'll sort it out. With supporters like some of you lot no wonder we only get crowds of 20,000.

Most retarded supporters in football

retard

Some of the worse comments I've ever seen.....Pearsons the best manager in the Championship by a mile..Great signings and at times we've played fantastic attacking football best I've ever seen. Yes we've got an issue away from home but Pearson knows that better than any of you C***S. He'll sort it out. With supporters like some of you lot no wonder we only get crowds of 20,000.

Most retarded supporters in football

As someone said earlier, insulting retarded people is a bit sad. Claiming Nige to be the best manager in the Championship by a mile is surely even sadder - based on what exactly?

As someone said earlier, insulting retarded people is a bit sad. Claiming Nige to be the best manager in the Championship by a mile is surely even sadder - based on what exactly?

Based on the fact that I believe he's building a squad for the future that's decent that will get in the premiership and challenge for trophies. He's a manager that needs time. If not him then who? Zola? I don't think he's done enough yet to prove he's as good. One player in their squad is on fire let's see what happens next season with him. The other managers at the top all inherited good squads that were in and around challenging the playoffs last season.

The position we were in last season we needed to rebuild over the summer and I think Pearson had the toughest job out of all those in the top 6.

Based on the fact that I believe he's building a squad for the future that's decent that will get in the premiership and challenge for trophies. He's a manager that needs time. If not him then who? Zola? I don't think he's done enough yet to prove he's as good. One player in their squad is on fire let's see what happens next season with him. The other managers at the top all inherited good squads that were in and around challenging the playoffs last season.

The position we were in last season we needed to rebuild over the summer and I think Pearson had the toughest job out of all those in the top 6.

The only reason we weren't challenging the play offs last season was down to ineptitude - up to the Millwall game we had a shout but rubbish decisions did for us.

I think Bruce, Zola and Dougie Freedman all performed better and had tougher jobs than Nige, who already started the season with the backbone of his team - he has had longer with them than Bruce has had with Hull and done less than Zola has with Watford. Palace have spent less money and so really what has he done?

So there you have it, Pearson is both a good and a bad manager at the same time........ :o

No, really, this is true........ :thumbup:

Firstly, (with the help of Steve Walsh) he has a good recruitment policy, he manages the squad well, getting rid of players who don't fit or are too expensive, he seems to manage fitness and conditioning well and he generates a strong work ethic and sense of togetherness.

In these respects he is excellent........ :appl:

On the other hand, his matchday tactics are predictable, he is overcautious away from home and, when things are going against us, he cannot change the game either by changing our setup or with substitutes.

In these respects, not very good........ :thumbdown:

It is so obvious that the arguments about whether he is a good manager or a poor one makes no sense, it simply depends which aspect of management you are talking about...... :rolleyes:

The only reason we weren't challenging the play offs last season was down to ineptitude - up to the Millwall game we had a shout but rubbish decisions did for us.

I think Bruce, Zola and Dougie Freedman all performed better and had tougher jobs than Nige, who already started the season with the backbone of his team - he has had longer with them than Bruce has had with Hull and done less than Zola has with Watford. Palace have spent less money and so really what has he done?

I certainly wouldn't say he is the complete manager but people are quick to forget how hard this guy has worked at this club. In the last 10 or so years we have 2 good seasons which was the league one promotion season and the following playoff season and potentially this season and all of those, Nigel has been in charge. I guarantee if we had any other manager at this level we would be moaning about their capabilities. Nobody is perfect but pls don't forget the work he has put in. We had an embarrassing wage bill last season and nigel has had to sort that. His signings have generally been very good and a lot of the players are work in progress which will get better.

Like I say, I appreciate he makes errors and can be frustrating but I wish people would appreciate what he has done and trying to do

Overall I'm convinced he's got the qualities to potentially be a top class manager in terms of man-management, discipline, and building squads, but I think this season he has made too many mistakes assembling a squad which has the right qualities for a top of the table team.

For me the problem lies with the midfield and the bench. King, Drinkwater, and James are too similar a player who aren't either overly creative like Cleverley or got a bit of bite like Spearing; I'm not saying they're not good, but between them we lack options. Also the bench really isn't strong enough. It's been well noted the lack of, not necessarily good players, but game changing options.

Also I think attacking experience is really lacking, even as a sub option. This season Pearson has been so adamant on building a youthful side, it at times lacks experience and pedigree. I remember the Forest game earlier in the season when going forward we had Dyer, King, Drinkwater, Marshall, Vardy, Lingard, Schlupp and Waghorn trying to find the winner and they just lacked any sort of conviction. Lets be fair Campbell is an inspired signing for Cardiff, and the two Egyptians at Hull. Squad depth is where the likes of Cardiff, Hull, and even Watford have the edge over the course of the season for the automatics, especially the first two. When we're good, we're unbeatable, but when we need something different, we just don't have it. Our promotion hopes this season will depend of the timing and longevity of our next run. If we time it right we could well nick the autos.

I think Pearson needs one more summer to sort it out properly and complete the squad. When he took over the League One season he inherited pretty much a league winning side which he could tweak, whereas the team Sven left behind was a mess. But given his previous success I'd happily afford him one more season. It will all depend on whether he's too stubborn to privately admit his mistakes.

The media side of him is frustrating, but I'd rather his style than Holloway or Warnock any day the week. Tactically he needs to improve as well, but hopefully that will get better with experience. He is still quite an inexperienced manager, this only his 5th full year as a manager.

I agree that Campbell is a great signing for Cardiff but so is wood for us. Harry Kane is a very highly rated player also so with those options and nugent, there is not many better. I personally feel we have 3 very very good footballers in centre mid but I feel we miss a midfield runner like mark davies. He was superb at carrying the ball and driving forward. We rely heavily on the creativity of our wingers so when they are marked out the game or struggling, we struggle

So there you have it, Pearson is both a good and a bad manager at the same time........ :o

No, really, this is true........ :thumbup:

Firstly, (with the help of Steve Walsh) he has a good recruitment policy, he manages the squad well, getting rid of players who don't fit or are too expensive, he seems to manage fitness and conditioning well and he generates a strong work ethic and sense of togetherness.

In these respects he is excellent........ :appl:

On the other hand, his matchday tactics are predictable, he is overcautious away from home and, when things are going against us, he cannot change the game either by changing our setup or with substitutes.

In these respects, not very good........ :thumbdown:

It is so obvious that the arguments about whether he is a good manager or a poor one makes no sense, it simply depends which aspect of management you are talking about...... :rolleyes:

Very fair assessment.

Yeah some decent points but u can't hide away from the fact that no other manager in over 10 years has done anywhere near as well as Pearson at our great club

Fair comment, His achievements in the playoff season were very good indeed, managed a very average group of players to the brink of a play off final, no one can realistically suggest otherwise...... :thumbup:

But this season, with a far stronger squad, he has struggled to maintain consistency and failed to develop our teamplay to meet the requirements of a team looking for promotion.

Similarly, yesterdays performance was inept, and it was a team problem, setup and attitude predominately and that, for me, is down to the management...... :(

Fair comment, His achievements in the playoff season were very good indeed, managed a very average group of players to the brink of a play off final, no one can realistically suggest otherwise...... :thumbup:

But this season, with a far stronger squad, he has struggled to maintain consistency and failed to develop our teamplay to meet the requirements of a team looking for promotion.

Similarly, yesterdays performance was inept, and it was a team problem, setup and attitude predominately and that, for me, is down to the management...... :(

Yeah there's no denying our away form is far from good enough and yesterday showed that.

Only thing I'd say on the squad is some of these lads are still finding their feet and climatising to championship football like knocky, james, de laet etc.

These last 12 games are crucial for us and Pearson. He may win 9 or 10 or he may win 4 or 5 and the season would be a disaster so let's judge him after 46 games

The frustration is the disparity home and away. We've only let in one more goal away, which is very impressive, but we've scored 22 more goals at home. Which should rise in the next week.

We've got to start going for it away, beginning at Cardiff.

Its a tight loss in a league where genuinely anyone can beat anyone, end of the game -

Nigel Pearson suddenly isn't a hero who led us from our darkest hour, he's a tactically inept average manager.

Even in that season where we won the League One title with unbelievable ease, despite most of you saying we'll find it so hard, we still had ****ing moaners. I remember coming on here after the Peterborough 2-0 defeat and suddenly the manager had lost the plot and we were going to fall out the top 2 and "do a leeds".

Even the season after where we brilliantly got in the play offs, we lost 3 or 4 in a row and suddenly Nigel had run out of ideas and we were going to finish mid table.

Last season - He sorted out a staggering amount of mess from Sven. Most managers in this country would have taken over and asked to carry on spending and plunged us further into oblivion.

Nigel has steadied the ship and any supporter worth their salt would have accepted top 6 this year.

I still believe we'll finish 2nd but im sure the many prophets of doom who lead very cynical depressing lives would shoot me down and tell me we're finishing 10th. The sort of bitter old twisted sad acts who turn up with a prawn cocktail sandwich and flask in the west stand groaning at every misplaced pass or sit at home, not even watching the game, ready with Radio Leicester on speed dial if we've lost.

The spoilt little children routine has been ridiculous for some time but this season really has been so embarrassing you really do need to take a look at yourselves as supporters. I don't care if your sick of hearing positivity, what is the point being a supporter if you are not going to support?

So get behind Nigel, get behind the lads and shut the **** up moaning after every defeat

I actually think that man-management is a weakness, eg Campbell and Beckford. He shows no emotion on the sidelines and I think that this is reflected by the lack of passion that his teams have shown, for example falling behind and having to grind out a victory.

I actually think that man-management is a weakness, eg Campbell and Beckford. He shows no emotion on the sidelines and I think that this is reflected by the lack of passion that his teams have shown, for example falling behind and having to grind out a victory.

Lack of passion...Are you real? I could never fault the effort or application of the players. I think that is one of our strengths if anything!!

We show a lack of passion? Crap.

His success the first time around shouldn't be understated. The majority of sides who go down to League One don't come back at the first attempt. And to make the play offs a year later may well have made us an attractive business proposition to the Thais.

But the expectations have been different this time around. This is his second stab at promotion since his return and if he doesn't pull it off then it would be reasonable to deem his reappointment a failure, regardless of some undeniable improvements to the squad.

Of course there's still all to play for. We can go up, though something needs to change in Pearson's approach to games if that's to happen. I've never been in the Pearson out camp, but I'm surprised that so many people fail to see how, this season, he has made clear-cut errors and not yet lived up to expectations.

That doesn't mean he's a poor manager nor does it mean that he should be fired. In fact, I'd argue that we should keep him on for next season, so long as we make the play offs (it would be hard to argue that a 7th or 8th place finish marked significant progress on last year's 9th) and there's evidence that lessons have been learned. But there's no point in ignoring the warning signs.

He has done a good job so far. It is obvious that the squad is more 'together'. He has brought in some great players at a very cheap price. He is focusing on the long-term ambitions more than the short time: for example Knockaert and Wood (both really young).

Just get behind the players and the manager. I am fed up about the moaners after every time we lose a game.

Lack of passion...Are you real? I could never fault the effort or application of the players. I think that is one of our strengths if anything!!

The recent performances against Peterborough, Huddersfield, Charlton and Ipswich are indicative of the kind of application you are referring to?

Yeah some decent points but u can't hide away from the fact that no other manager in over 10 years has done anywhere near as well as Pearson at our great club

Being slightly less rubbish than all the other rubbish does not necessarilly mean you are good though

Archived