Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
johnny the fox

Mr. Pearson is a adequate manager, no more..

I don't need to be selective, it happens 9 times from 10. That statement you mentioned was said in November after a couple of alright games & a very good one against Ipswich. The fact you can't remember one should tell you all you need to know, cus you shouldn't be to harsh on your memory because no one else would be able to remember either.

I said before a ball was kicked this season, that if we had the likes of dyer, gally & Wellens still around the team this season then we would never be going up. A team with ambitions of going up could never afford to have such a limited quality of player in their squad.

Listen, im not saying Dyer is anything special and im not naming games because i know, as well as others, he had a very consistent run earlier in the season.

He's not playing great currently but neither is Knockaert.

On form, regardless of what you say, Dyer is a good squad player for any side in this league

Cardiff have a lot less resources to work with do they? I think a squad containing Bellamy, Campbell, Maynard and Helguson begs to differ.

bellamy free, campbell 500k, maynard half of what he cost west ham, helguson peanuts.. and yes they have less resources than us,to argue otherwise is misguided.

so what? the table don't lie.. I think Im right in saying its zola's first job in management..if being above us is crackers..then who's really mad? and i think you will find there are only one or two from the pearson era still playing regularly for hull...a lot of egyptians now it seems.

Yes and credit to Bruce and Zola but doesnt mean NP isnt good enough

That old chesnut 'a record of getting promotion at this level'!!! Laughable!!!

Getting either of these guys in doesnt guarantee anything other than another pay off for another manager and loads of changes AGAIN. No thanks, stability has been needed for the last 5/6 years and we've not had it till now

I don't think it is laughable at all what factors should you look in a manager then?

Or on the otherhand they could see the squad depths limitations get rid of the deadwood and get this team firing on all cylinders, why do you assume that a new manager coming in would make wholesale changes?

Anyway I would evaluate the situation at the end of the season, and let the Thais decide how they see fit.

Its nothing to be ashamed of but that's the truth, deep down we all know it. Anybody really think he would be retained by the owners in the premier league for any length of time? In life we all have our limitations, as long as we strive to reach them ,we can ask no more. Im sure this post will be seen as another Pearson hating thread, its not meant to be, but as a top class manager Nigel lacks something when the chips are down, maybe my views are coloured by the o'neil years but this is my conclusion. please wait while I put my tin hat on, thanks..

Has this only just occured to you???

Pisses me off pearson didnt sign George Boyd.

Listen, im not saying Dyer is anything special and im not naming games because i know, as well as others, he had a very consistent run earlier in the season.

He's not playing great currently but neither is Knockaert.

On form, regardless of what you say, Dyer is a good squad player for any side in this league

I know we are going to have to agree to disagree, but he is not a good squad player. He is a winger! How many goals has he this season? & more importantly how many assists has he got? I will be generous & guess at 2.

I don't think it is laughable at all what factors should you look in a manager then?

Or on the otherhand they could see the squad depths limitations get rid of the deadwood and get this team firing on all cylinders, why do you assume that a new manager coming in would make wholesale changes?

Anyway I would evaluate the situation at the end of the season, and let the Thais decide how they see fit.

Dont get me wrong, its great for a manager to have a promotion on their CV but doesnt guarantee success.

Nigel Adkins came to Southampton as an unknown, Holloway got Blackpool up but took us down....

Warnock got QPR up but alot of Leeds fans want him out!!!

I know we are going to have to agree to disagree, but he is not a good squad player. He is a winger! How many goals has he this season? & more importantly how many assists has he got? I will be generous & guess at 2.

Like you say, we're not going to agree but you need to realise that we are not rich enough or a big enough club to have top draw players on our bench.

We have to battle by and get in who we can

By the sounds of some people in this thread you'd think we're in relegation.

Yes it's frustrating being so inconsistent, yes we had a great chance to move in on 2nd place.

But we're 5th FFS! We have a game in hand, and still have to play 3 teams above us!

so what? the table don't lie.. I think Im right in saying its zola's first job in management..if being above us is crackers..then who's really mad? and i think you will find there are only one or two from the pearson era still playing regularly for hull...a lot of egyptians now it seems.

Zola managed West Ham.

Pearson Signings that are still first team regulars.

James Chester

Robert Koren

Jay Simpson

Corry Evans

Liam Rosenior

Robbie Brady

Jack Hobbs

Joe Dudgeon

Four of which have been key to our success. Koren aside all are young, hungry and have a resale value far in excess of what we paid for them. We were a joke when he took over. He put us in a position to challenge before he left. Bruce inherited a strong squad when he took over, he's very lucky in that sense. All he had to do was buy a few baubles to finish the job.

There are only a few ways to judge a manager -

Did he get us promoted?

Did he get us relegated?

Did he win us silverware?

Since MON, only Adams and NP (albeit from league 1) has done any of these. Arguing about Mcghee, Sven etc is irrelevant.

If the manager isnt going to bring me results... he is failing

I think it's wonderful how you lable anyone who dares to have a different view to you as " Trolling or the biggest idiot around " that kind of scant regard for others opinions says what you really are a thick bully who thinks that your opinion and your opinion alone counts, well it doesn't . shut up and listen for a change.

Aren't you doing exactly the same thing?

Doing a good job.

Came back to the club faced with a squad full of far too many players, many of them multi-multimillionaires thanks to their deals under previous manager & we're midtable nobodies & he's turned them into a close knit team challenging at the top end.

Not really sure what people expect. You're deluded.

We're many times better off than before his arrival & this is the first full season after the needed summer.

Anyone who says otherwise is trolling or the biggest idiot around.

Looking forward to next season with him too - As long as we move to the next level & improve a similar amount again.

This is just the problem though, whilst there are other teams and managers in with a shout of promotion next year, NP will struggle.

In a division of one, he would nail it!

bellamy free, campbell 500k, maynard half of what he cost west ham, helguson peanuts.. and yes they have less resources than us,to argue otherwise is misguided.

And yet they spent £11.5m in the summer.

For me....

The 'goods' of Pearson:

Big reduction on wage bill

Bringing through young and hungry players

Our home form

Good back room staff

Don't suffer Stringer

Fitness levels of the team

Makes generally good signings

The 'bads':

Our away form is pants, has been all season AND hasn't been rectified

Tactically, I think he's limited

Doesn't always get the most out of highly talented players... To have Knocky looking pedestrian isn't acceptable

Gave away both cups this season

IMO hasn't equipped the squad with enough quality to make top two a serious option.

Overall, the 'goods' outweigh the 'bads'..

What I won't do and haven't done all season, is not discuss both... Because both ARE apparent IMO.

And yet they are top of the leauge. Look at all the brilliant money we have saved to not be

You make some stupid points you really do, nice to see your post count shooting up again. Can only mean we lost yesterday.

For me....

The 'goods' of Pearson:

Big reduction on wage bill

Bringing through young and hungry players

Our home form

Good back room staff

Don't suffer Stringer

Fitness levels of the team

Makes generally good signings

The 'bads':

Our away form is pants, has been all season AND hasn't been rectified

Tactically, I think he's limited

Doesn't always get the most out of highly talented players... To have Knocky looking pedestrian isn't acceptable

Gave away both cups this season

IMO hasn't equipped the squad with enough quality to make top two a serious option.

Overall, the 'goods' outweigh the 'bads'..

What I won't do and haven't done all season, is not discuss both... Because both ARE apparent IMO.

Which is a nicely balanced view Col - I could argue that most of his signings are average (or as you pointed out, he manages to turn them into average ie Knocky) and some are equally as poor as any Sven signings Vardy, Whitbread, James, Futacs, that he lacks confidence in younger players, turning to old hands like Gallagher who have consistently under performed in the past two/three seasons as a plan B when struggling in a game........

The young hungry players thing is also a myth for me - the players who seem to put the most in are guys like Konch, Nugent and Morgan, all of who are old hands.

As you say - he isn't all bad but the excuses of last season at this stage (when he surrendered any chance of the play offs with a whimper) were that he needed a summer to rebuild the team - he has had three transfer windows now and spent several million on new players yet we are struggling again as other teams (and Leeds Bolton and Forest are all starting to turn it around just behind us) look to be moving upwards.

It is a shame, and I personally have sat and tried to be quiet this season rather than get embroiled in constant rows about him being a good bloke etc but I don't think he has what it takes - believe it or not, I want him to get us up (don't think he'll last 10 games if he does, but hey ho) and a couple of times this year he has had the team playing well by all accounts.

If he does lose on Tuesday or even struggle in a draw then I would suggest his ideas have run out and it might be time to admit defeat - but a couple of wins and he could be shining again - a draw was the worst he could have done yesterday really and he definitely failed that test

You make some stupid points you really do, nice to see your post count shooting up again. Can only mean we lost yesterday.

Read the post below - I like reading this forum but posting is generally a pain unless you want to sing from the hymn sheet. When City win I am happy, watch the goals or hilights, read the reports and trundle along chuffed with how we are doing. When they hit relegation form (as they have in the past five games) I feel I have a right to moan - I can't see what pleasure you get out of posting thumbs up to all those in denial after a bad run of results - man up and get vocal, it aint good enough

Archived