Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ian the fox

Chris Wood

Because a midfield duo in a 442 lead to defeats too, getting an extra body in the middle in 433... as well have 3 quality players to play up front.

It's obvious it's about the players performance levels... ability to play quick incisive passes and press high, never ever letting opposing players settle on the ball to either attack in numbers or pick out good passes.

It's our performance level that's changed

Personally I'd sacrifice the forward line and play 4231 or 451 with Nuge up top in an effort to get more possession... attack in greater numbers as well as preventing ourselves from being over-ran

I have watched all our sky games, and not in a single one did we press the opposite players, yet in every single game they pressed us, our work rate is aweful.

We on sky 3 times the next 4 weeks, so I can judge us more after those games, but I expect it be more of the same, giving the opposition all the space they want, attempt to play a passing game when we cant pass and crumble when we get closed down.

Pearson also clearly needs a forwards coach as well as a tactician.

So why the hell is he playing....... :dunno:

Rhetorical question, not getting after you Bert..... :thumbup:

I have to admit that when I heard Kane was being brought in I thought it would be to rest Wood.

Playing Wood, Nugent and Kane at the same time is just perverse, if Wood is injured (and rumours abound about the serious of his knee injury abound) then it is both perverse and stupid....... :rolleyes:

I have never known a knee injury to heal that quick. If its a knee injury I expect he is carrying it. Because if he was left out then the club would have been udner pressure to sign a replacement. Although they signed kane later anyway.

Archived