Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ian the fox

Chris Wood

When we signed this fella I thought we were more or less gauranteed second spot !

I watched him intently against the Owls & it grieves me to say it " he didnt look like he was trying "

anyone know why this player is a shadow of the player a few weeks ago ?

anyone else notice his body dis-interested body language ?

hope im wrong & he scores a couple tomorrow night !

Since his mysterious injury, he hasn't been playing very well. Missed a sitter against Blackpool and a penalty. Playing Kane up top with him isn't the answer. They're too similar. I thought him and Nugent looked decent. When Wood first came in.

Since his mysterious injury, he hasn't been playing very well. Missed a sitter against Blackpool and a penalty. Playing Kane up top with him isn't the answer. They're too similar. I thought him and Nugent looked decent. When Wood first came in.

tbf he was unstoppable , he never had a kick on saturday

Used wrong by Pearson. I've explained it elsewhere but I still think this signing is why we've dipped, and I don't necessarily blame Wood for that as I rate him.

So why did we go on such a good winning run straight after he signed?

He's still injured, that's why.

I thought this might be the case.

Also I'm not sure the 433 suits us. Seems a case of playing all three up top because we have to. Kane has looked useful but the Nuge/Wood partnership was awesome. Maybe it's because of our midfield frailties/shortages?

So why did we go on such a good winning run straight after he signed?

Because we still played the style we'd been playing so well with but lacked a finisher - we signed one (Wood) yet we've gradually changed into a long-ball side. We're trying to use him as a target man when I personally think he's more of a poacher. His all-round game isn't good enough to be a target man.

He's gone from being one of the best players in the Championship to bottom-half mediocrity. It's one of the strangest swings in performance I've seen, we have a lot of players under performing at the moment but I think Chris is the worst case.

I'm really doubting if Kane, Nugent and Wood work well together. I'd like one of them to be dropped tomorrow.

When we signed this fella I thought we were more or less gauranteed second spot !

I watched him intently against the Owls & it grieves me to say it " he didnt look like he was trying "

anyone know why this player is a shadow of the player a few weeks ago ?

anyone else notice his body dis-interested body language ?

hope im wrong & he scores a couple tomorrow night !

If you consider that signing one player is gonna guarantee any team second spot then you need to rethink it all through mate!

:thumbup:

Wood is a good young striker. Maradona he ain't..

lol

I thought this might be the case.

Also I'm not sure the 433 suits us. Seems a case of playing all three up top because we have to. Kane has looked useful but the Nuge/Wood partnership was awesome. Maybe it's because of our midfield frailties/shortages?

Because a midfield duo in a 442 lead to defeats too, getting an extra body in the middle in 433... as well have 3 quality players to play up front.

It's obvious it's about the players performance levels... ability to play quick incisive passes and press high, never ever letting opposing players settle on the ball to either attack in numbers or pick out good passes.

It's our performance level that's changed

Personally I'd sacrifice the forward line and play 4231 or 451 with Nuge up top in an effort to get more possession... attack in greater numbers as well as preventing ourselves from being over-ran

There is certainly something very wrong with Wood irrespective of our playing style....... :(

Question, for Bert or anyone else ITK,

Is Chris Wood being required to play through an injury?

There is certainly something very wrong with Wood irrespective of our playing style....... :(

Can't answer without guessing, just know he's still carrying that knock and isn't 100% fit.

As I said at the time when he missed the Peterborough game due to a 'knock' in training. He has a small crack around the knee area which is causing him constant discomfort.

I was shot down at the time and no doubt will be shot down again now but this is 100% fact

Can't answer without guessing, just know he's still carrying that knock and isn't 100% fit.

So why the hell is he playing....... :dunno:

Rhetorical question, not getting after you Bert..... :thumbup:

I have to admit that when I heard Kane was being brought in I thought it would be to rest Wood.

Playing Wood, Nugent and Kane at the same time is just perverse, if Wood is injured (and rumours abound about the serious of his knee injury abound) then it is both perverse and stupid....... :rolleyes:

So why the hell is he playing....... :dunno:

Rhetorical question, not getting after you Bert..... :thumbup:

I have to admit that when I heard Kane was being brought in I thought it would be to rest Wood.

Playing Wood, Nugent and Kane at the same time is just perverse, if Wood is injured (and rumours abound about the serious of his knee injury abound) then it is both perverse and stupid....... :rolleyes:

Kane seemed to me, to be ideal backup for Wood. Not to play together.

Archived