Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ian the fox

Chris Wood

You ain't asking the right questions. We all know wood is carrying an injury, what we don't really know, is how that injury happened.certainly not in practise, and since it happened we have been shite.

If not in training then how? Headbutt? Ten Pin Bowling? Over enthusiastic shagging?

If you know anything, spill........ :thumbup:

Wood is clearly a decent finisher. A work horse he isnt he looked really good with nuge from the off. Nuge isnt in the best of form either.

Is that down to injury, a dip.in form, instruction or just pressure. Who knows. But unless we get service to wood he isn't messi or ronaldo is he, he won't score.

I don't read much into the penalty miss these things happen.

Wood is clearly a decent finisher. A work horse he isnt he looked really good with nuge from the off. Nuge isnt in the best of form either.

Is that down to injury, a dip.in form, instruction or just pressure. Who knows. But unless we get service to wood he isn't messi or ronaldo is he, he won't score.

I don't read much into the penalty miss these things happen.

It's about us playing fast football, playing high & attacking in numbers, like what got us in the autos in the first place

Although even playing this longer game, Marshall whipped some sitters in to Wood & Kane past few games and all chances have been missed. We just don't get the possession that Nugent benefitted from until the past 6 weeks.

I think people often look for too much as to why things are wrong. We have out of form players lacking confidence, they are being set up against 5 in midfield every week almost and until Pearson figures out how to combat that (Kane on the wing ain't the answer). They will continue to struggle as they aren't getting the time and space to create chances for people like Wood and Nugent.

I think people often look for too much as to why things are wrong. We have out of form players lacking confidence, they are being set up against 5 in midfield every week almost and until Pearson figures out how to combat that (Kane on the wing ain't the answer). They will continue to struggle as they aren't getting the time and space to create chances for people like Wood and Nugent.

Bang on and we also need a rock in midfield people are just walking through it at the minute.

And they certainly won't get it going narrow and playing without pace or height. He's got a coaching badge and it's time he proved he's worth it although sending Futacs out on loan represents another "own goal" given we've no real options in the height department.

Bang on and we also need a rock in midfield people are just walking through it at the minute.

It's actually numbers we're up against in midfield and one of the counter-measures to a crowded midfield is to miss it out altogether play two big blokes up front like Wood and the now departed Futacs and have three or more quick guys playing off them. They'd soon abandon four or five in midfield then. All these alternative systems should be available on a simple signal and should be practised as a matter of course. Hell, if we can't combat 4-5-1 we'll never get anywhere.

...........................................Anchor man.........................Anchor man ..................................

.................................King .........................................................................Marshall .............

.......................................................Knockaert.......................................................................

...........................................................................Wood..........................................................

thats what we should be doing >.

I think what's worth remembering is that on song, Wood and Nugent could be a wonderful partnership. If we don't make it up this season, and who knows, we may still, I'm excited about that attacking duo. I think the frustration with the slide of recent weeks is that we're so close to being a really decent team.

And they certainly won't get it going narrow and playing without pace or height. He's got a coaching badge and it's time he proved he's worth it although sending Futacs out on loan represents another "own goal" given we've no real options in the height department.

And look how well he did when he played

It's actually numbers we're up against in midfield and one of the counter-measures to a crowded midfield is to miss it out altogether play two big blokes up front like Wood and the now departed Futacs and have three or more quick guys playing off them. They'd soon abandon four or five in midfield then. All these alternative systems should be available on a simple signal and should be practised as a matter of course. Hell, if we can't combat 4-5-1 we'll never get anywhere.

If Futacs is the answer I'm not sure what the question is. Wood and Kane are a decent size really.

...........................................Anchor man.........................Anchor man ..................................

.................................King .........................................................................Marshall .............

.......................................................Knockaert.......................................................................

...........................................................................Wood..........................................................

thats what we should be doing >.

What we should be doing is playing Nuge and Wood up top, with Knocky, Dyer and Marshall taking up the 2 wide slots and coming inside, that is how we won 5 in a row, why we are changing and trying to crowbar Kane in with Nuge and Wood I don't know, we play with 2 strikers and it should be 2 from Nuge, Wood, Kane, Waghorn, in that order.

What we should be doing is playing Nuge and Wood up top, with Knocky, Dyer and Marshall taking up the 2 wide slots and coming inside, that is how we won 5 in a row, why we are changing and trying to crowbar Kane in with Nuge and Wood I don't know, we play with 2 strikers and it should be 2 from Nuge, Wood, Kane, Waghorn, in that order.

TBH when we signed Kane I thought It would be to give us the options we need up front and to rest/rotate players, shows how little I know !

:nono:

A team like Cardiff, who are top of the league, will look to dictate the tempo and play of the match. They will not change there normal formation and tactics

much when playing Leicester at home, with the record they have there. Therefore it is up for Shakespeare and Pearson to tinker with their tactics/formation,

to try to unlock and counter the way Cardiff play. I believe Leicester are due a good win and Pearson will deliver it tonight.

If Knockaert is on his game and gets enough space tonight, he could tear their LB apart like he did at the KP. Even the Cardiff fans admitted he was the best

player on the pitch that day, even though Bellamy was playing.

A team like Cardiff, who are top of the league, will look to dictate the tempo and play of the match. They will not change there normal formation and tactics

much when playing Leicester at home, with the record they have there. Therefore it is up for Shakespeare and Pearson to tinker with their tactics/formation,

to try to unlock and counter the way Cardiff play. I believe Leicester are due a good win and Pearson will deliver it tonight.

If Knockaert is on his game and gets enough space tonight, he could tear their LB apart like he did at the KP. Even the Cardiff fans admitted he was the best

player on the pitch that day, even though Bellamy was playing.

I think having to play some of the top teams will perhaps suit us more than playing teams down the bottom. As you say they will play their own game, rather than change formation in an attempt to spoil us. At least that's what I'm hoping.

Archived