Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CardiffAlex

Losing your Bottle?

Thing is, Leicester fans are all talk about how rubbish Cardiff are etc yet when they get the same in return, they can't stomach it.

Alex do I go on Cardiff forums and give it the big un? No, fair enough to debate away about ongoing issues but please don't give it the big un

Alex do I go on Cardiff forums and give it the big un? No, fair enough to debate away about ongoing issues but please don't give it the big un

Where have I given it the big one? I'm just pointing out a few facts.

I could drag up previous threads where LCFC fans saying how poor Cardiff are and how easily it will be to catch us, if I wanted to... But I don't.

Just redressing the balance.

I doubt our owners will change the colour of our shirts. They are the same colour as the King Power logo anyway.

Do you really expect other fans to know the ins and outs of your club? That is a little egotistical from a club like Cardiff. In the big scheme of things, Cardiff are pretty small fry. For the record, while Leicester are a bigger fish than Cardiff, I don't think anyone takes any particular notice of us either.

The only things other fans are likely to know about either of our clubs is the tag lines the media constantly attaches to us, such as 'bottlers Cardiff' or 'moneybags Leicester'.

I never thought it would happen to us either, sadly it has. Many of our fans just rolled over. In many ways, I'd prefer us to fvck up this season and for our fans to kick off about the rebrand.

Small fry? Oh dear.. How bitter.

Where have I given it the big one? I'm just pointing out a few facts.

I could drag up previous threads where LCFC fans saying how poor Cardiff are and how easily it will be to catch us, if I wanted to... But I don't.

Just redressing the balance.

Fair play, don't think I have ever said owt bad about Cardiff but hey ho. Red shirts hey, what is that all about, shameful behaviour of your owners?

Absolutely abhorrent treatment of our "little" club..

My one main worry is that other clubs with foreign owners will see how easy they did it and try it themselves.

I'd rather see us back in Division 3 in blue than prem in red.

Fair play to you on that point, think I would agree In your shoes

I honestly shook my head in disappointment at our fans when this whole 'Cardiff bottling it' rubbish happened.

When will people learn that WE'RE ****ING LEICESTER. We have a history of disappointment. Ever since the Thai's came in, a lot of fans have been talking like this league is a cakewalk and how we 'deserve to be Premier League'. We only 'deserve to be Premier League' when we are actually ****ing Premier League. The Championship is the hardest second tier to get out of in the world. Stop with this 'sense of entitlement' rubbish.

If you can honestly say that at the start of the season you wouldn't have taken 6th place, especially after last season, you're dreaming.

Small fry? Oh dear.. How bitter.

It's not bitter, it's a reality. I think Cardiff will get promoted and good luck to them.

However, once you are in the Premier League, you will find out just how small fry you are. Doing well in the Championship can give you a sense of importance in the footballing world which you don't deserve.

My guess is, you are not old enough to have experienced the top flight. It's not a bed of roses as far as the ego is concerned.

Fair play to you on that point, think I would agree In your shoes

It's not just the rebrand, it's our owners disregard for fans. Calling us "customers" in interviews and saying what right do we have for a view point etc.

I won't bore you with any more details.

Thing is, Leicester fans are all talk about how rubbish Cardiff are etc yet when they get the same in return, they can't stomach it.

I`ve never been on a cardiff message board, because to be perfectly honest, they mean nothing to me, but have there been some of our fans on the Cardiff boards saying your going to bottle it again then?

If it`s just comments you have seen from this board that have got you worked up, well those comments would have originally been made by our fans for our fans to offer their view, and not made in order to wind up any Cardiff fans.

There is no point in coming on a rival forum and gloating, if it wasn't you, it was the other Cardiff fans on here. We know you're the best team in the division, that's why you're top of the league. But you've had a blip recently as well, your manager even had to come out and say you arn't under pressure.

As for us, yes we have had a serious problem with confidence and performances. Not sure what exactly has gone wrong, we all just see the external side of the club, but it isn't very nice.

Archived