Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Watford now Gold not platinum

City’s final home league game of the npower Championship season against Watford has been re-categorised following its switch to a Friday night.

The game against the Hornets has been changed from a Platinum Fixture to a Gold Fixture following its selection for live television broadcast, which has resulted in the match moving from 3pm on Saturday 27 April to 7.45pm on Friday 26 April.

Tickets will now be priced from:

Adults - £22

Seniors (65+) – £20

Under-22s - £15

Under-18s - £10

Under-12s - £5

Under-8s – FREE in the Marks Electrical Family Stand

The selection of the Watford game is the eighth occasion that one of City's home league games, originally scheduled for a Saturday at 3pm, has been rescheduled due to television coverage this season. Due to the unprecedented number of games that have been moved, the Club this week clarified for supporters its obligations regarding fixtures selected for live broadcast.

It is hoped that by re-categorising the Watford visit, the Foxes’ final home league game of the season will be more accessible to a greater number of supporters at a crucial stage of the season for Nigel Pearson’s men.

Chief Executive Officer Susan Whelan said: “Our supporters have shown incredible loyalty and commitment while so many of our fixtures have been moved this season and we felt that re-categorising the Watford game was the right thing to do in the circumstances.

“Once a game has been selected for television coverage, there is nothing we can do about a change of date, but we are doing everything we can to ensure that the game is made more accessible in other respects.

“The final home league game of the season is always a big occasion for the Leicester City supporters and we want to give our players the best possible chance of finishing strongly, so it’s in everybody’s interests to make this an occasion we can all be part of.”

The visit of Watford will also provide the setting for Club Ambassador Alan Birchenall’s annual charity run – an end-of-season tradition that has formed the cornerstone of the Club’s fundraising efforts over the last 40 years.

Raising money for the LCFC Foxes Foundation’s 2012/13 appeal, Birch’s run, traditionally completed ahead of the final home game of the season, will see the Foxes legend joined by players, staff and friends of the Club for a 90-minute challenge in the build-up to kick-off.

Supporters that have already purchased tickets for the Watford game at Platinum prices can obtain a refund for the difference between to the two grades by presenting their ticket at the City Fanstore at King Power Stadium. Full refunds are also available for supporters no longer able to attend the match having purchased tickets for the original date. All refunds will be offered up to five hours before kick-off on the day of the game.

Buying your tickets for the Watford game is easy:

Online:

Buy your tickets 24-hours-a-day from www.lcfcdirect.com.

In person from the City Fanstore:

The City Fanstore at King Power Stadium will be open 9am-5pm Monday to Saturday.

On Matchdays, the City Fanstore is open from 9am until kick-off and then for 45 minutes after the final whistle.

Call the City Sales Centre:

Call 0844 815 5000 between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday.

Email the City Sales Centre:

Email [email protected] with your ticketing requirements and one of the sales team will call you back.

Could be a big crowd. Big game potentially.

Feel a bit sorry for the club in theses cases as they keep having to deflect criticism from fans believing it's their fault that games keep getting moved. Seem to be doing what they can to keep crowds up with these ticket deals.

Could be a big crowd. Big game potentially.

Feel a bit sorry for the club in theses cases as they keep having to deflect criticism from fans believing it's their fault that games keep getting moved. Seem to be doing what they can to keep crowds up with these ticket deals.

Regardless of whether it's on tv or not they'll soon be paying people to turn up if the team carry on performing the way they have been, attendances will only drop if it carries on, I know atleast 3 people who aren't going to any more games this season (Who are STH) and i'm debating, reckon i'll probably end up going but it's certainly in the balance and I think a few people on here would agree with me.

TV changes don't help but it's the way the we're are performing that is getting people down and pushing people away along with TV changes and ticket pricing it all adds up to turning people away.

Don't get me wrong we've had a good season up to 9 games ago but to have almost thrown it away within those 9 games just shows how easy it is to do and how stupid the league is and very frustrating. 9 games ago/4 or 5 weeks ago we looked comfortable in 2nd place, now i'd say we look like a mid-table team, things need to change quickly and it starts on the pitch.

Regardless of whether it's on tv or not they'll soon be paying people to turn up if the team carry on performing the way they have been, attendances will only drop if it carries on, I know atleast 3 people who aren't going to any more games this season (Who are STH) and i'm debating, reckon i'll probably end up going but it's certainly in the balance and I think a few people on here would agree with me.

TV changes don't help but it's the way the we're are performing that is getting people down and pushing people away along with TV changes and ticket pricing it all adds up to turning people away.

Don't get me wrong we've had a good season up to 9 games ago but to have almost thrown it away within those 9 games just shows how easy it is to do and how stupid the league is and very frustrating. 9 games ago/4 or 5 weeks ago we looked comfortable in 2nd place, now i'd say we look like a mid-table team, things need to change quickly and it starts on the pitch.

I was reading your post and that line really shocked me. We're 6th and people view that as unacceptable, did your friends not turn up to any games last season or the one before that? I realise we're not doing well at the moment but to give up on the season altogether is quite ridiculous.

I'd understand if these were people weren't STH and chose to watch on TV but the fact is it's free for them to watch live football and they're turning it down. I don't get it.

I was reading your post and that line really shocked me. We're 6th and people view that as unacceptable, did your friends not turn up to any games last season or the one before that? I realise we're not doing well at the moment but to give up on the season altogether is quite ridiculous.

I'd understand if these were people weren't STH and chose to watch on TV but the fact is it's free for them to watch live football and they're turning it down. I don't get it.

For a starter it's not free, they've already paid for the tickets, but you could argue they've paid for it so should go down even more so.

I don't know they are just very frustrated like alot of people are I think it's season after season of false hope, season after season of being let down, 6th is acceptable, very acceptable, I think start of the season most would have took it, but the fact we were sitting pretty and looking comfortable in 2nd, only to be complacent and let it slip to make it worse drop to joint 6th and wondering where the next win will come from in a matter or what? 4 weeks? Is beyond a joke and not sure how people can justify and defend it. We are in freefall and there doesn't look like to many signs of it changing. Like I said until 9 games ago let's be honest it'd been a very good season, but now it could be a very embarassing, disappointing season, lets hope not, but theres a big case the argue it going that way based on our last 9 games.

For a starter it's not free, they've already paid for the tickets, but you could argue they've paid for it so should go down even more so.

I don't know they are just very frustrated like alot of people are I think it's season after season of false hope, season after season of being let down, 6th is acceptable, very acceptable, I think start of the season most would have took it, but the fact we were sitting pretty and looking comfortable in 2nd, only to be complacent and let it slip to make it worse drop to joint 6th and wondering where the next win will come from in a matter or what? 4 weeks? Is beyond a joke and not sure how people can justify and defend it. We are in freefall and there doesn't look like to many signs of it changing. Like I said until 9 games ago let's be honest it'd been a very good season, but now it could be a very embarassing, disappointing season, lets hope not, but theres a big case the argue it going that way based on our last 9 games.

I see what you mean. This awful run is pretty horrible to watch but that doesn't really justify giving up on the team IMO. Indeed there appears to be nothing to suggest that things will improve but then then again there was nothing to suggest we'd go on this awful run after winning five in a row.

Sometimes things just change for no obvious reason as they have done before this season, all I can say is keep the faith. They'll be glad they watched us turn it around if that's what we go on to do.

My Son bought a Half ST which started in Jan so far he has had 1 sat game maybe 2 ? He works at a care home and works nights tues to fri so he knew he would be coming off nights and going to the match without sleep or so he thought .If he want to go to these rearranged games he has to take a days holiday so far he has moved 3 and looks like he has 4 more to take or lose them .Who says its cheaper to buy season tickets ?

Archived