Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
muzzy1981

Strategy: Owners v Pearson

For me Pearson always comes across well with the national media.

Fair enough he's sometimes moody with Stringer but there's obviously a class of personalities there. I think Pearson knows he made a mistake with the way he handled the stringer interview after the Leeds game but I put that down to frustration. Since then I think his interviews have been better and more honest.

With regards to Pearsons team building strategy I think he's done a fantastic job. I read somewhere that we've got one of the youngest squads in the football league. I think we're a couple of experiences players short of having a very competitive squad and im sure Pearson and the backeoom staff know this.

We desperately need stability and I think its time we start to back Pearson in what he's trying to build here

Really cos I recall him slagging off Peter Beagrie on Sky, and having a strop when asked by Sky about the Matt Mills situation.

I have very few complaints about him on the pitch, but off it he can certainly improve.

Really cos I recall him slagging off Peter Beagrie on Sky, and having a strop when asked by Sky about the Matt Mills situation.

I have very few complaints about him on the pitch, but off it he can certainly improve.

Yeah but a lot of people like that kind of shit. You don't have to act like a clown and spend interviews spewing up pathetic cliche jokes like Ian Holloway to be popular. An ability to ruthlessly cut through the bullshit and disregard cvnts like beagrie will make him a lot of friends and if can do it with an air of deadpan wit then he'll surely be a popular chap.

True but I think he was right with what he said about Beagrie after the penalty incident and I liked the fact he called Beagrie out on it....Sven would of never done that as he wanted to be everyone's friend.

I know its different levels of management but I see Mourinho/Ferguson calling people out all the time.

As for the Mills situation, I think at the time he'd had enough of Mills and wanted rid. I know from speaking to a few of the players that he was a bad apple and wasn't liked at all.

Yeah but a lot of people like that kind of shit. You don't have to act like a clown and spend interviews spewing up pathetic cliche jokes like Ian Holloway to be popular. An ability to ruthlessly cut through the bullshit and disregard cvnts like beagrie will make him a lot of friends and if can do it with an air of deadpan wit then he'll surely be a popular chap.

Possibly, but then Fergie and Mourinhio have earned the right to be arrogant in front of the press, I think NP needs to try and emulate the likes of Moyes and MON with the press, if they had something to say they always said it, but were always happy to talk about their team and the positives in it.

The problem with NP is that he doesn't appear natural or comfortable when being interviewed, that and his bizarre relationship with Stringer, he is always too guarded and protective of his players to give any sort of honest response, especially in defeat, most people around the club say he isn't like that normally so why he is like that with the press I don't know.

If it was just him being himself, and he was bad tempered, stroppy and arrogant it would sound so much better, but it seems like an act or a defence, that is where it is different with Fergie or the Special One.

Pearson is tactically inept ( clueless to those who don't know what inept means ), and must be sacked.

Crewe Alexandra are the club who bring young players through so that other ( successful ) clubs can buy them.

Anyone who thinks that is the way forward ( instead of success ), should become Crewe supporters.

If we do not get promoted we are likely to lose the better quality amongst our younger players, and end up watching Wellens, King, Gallagher and Dyer again.

I will not be doing that.

In fact I am fast adopting the view that Pearson must go, as a greater imperative than promotion.

Agreed, except he can't .

Possibly, but then Fergie and Mourinhio have earned the right to be arrogant in front of the press, I think NP needs to try and emulate the likes of Moyes and MON with the press, if they had something to say they always said it, but were always happy to talk about their team and the positives in it.

The problem with NP is that he doesn't appear natural or comfortable when being interviewed, that and his bizarre relationship with Stringer, he is always too guarded and protective of his players to give any sort of honest response, especially in defeat, most people around the club say he isn't like that normally so why he is like that with the press I don't know.

If it was just him being himself, and he was bad tempered, stroppy and arrogant it would sound so much better, but it seems like an act or a defence, that is where it is different with Fergie or the Special One.

He never got over losing two cup finals and being religated all in one season. He has mental scars and it shows. ;)

Archived