Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
muzzy1981

Strategy: Owners v Pearson

The owners are financing this "young" squad so an indicator perhaps that Pearson's position has never nor will be in question as long as we dont sink too low.

Explains why we see lacklustre performances, no plan B and a stubborness to make radical changes.

Are you trying to say the club has a plan and they are sticking with it despite what the media and the twats say ?

I'm starting to believe that the owners have had their hand forced by FFP and know full well that we must reduce wages and we must approach promotion from a slower, squad-building angle. They are no longer looking for promotion at all costs. They are looking to build a squad within the limits of ffp which is capable of challenging for promotion.

In that context, I wonder what their expectations of Pearson are for this season, a season in which his remit has been to significantly reduce the wage bill and begin preparing the club for a future with FFP. That means no huge signings, no huge wages, actively seeking to get high earners off the books even if they are good useful players (schlupp), and generally running down the excesses of the past. It's a harsh environment for a manager. Maybe the owners consider being in 6th to be above expectations at this stage.

Not seeing a lot of Pearson "hate" in this thread and actually some good discussion. I like it...

I think personally that as we got off to a flyer and then tailed off it's frustrating people as clearly we all have seen the potential of the team and would all love it back. I'm not sure if it is that people have been "found out" (Knocky) or are tired or that we are just low on confidence. It seems NP has put some of the older players in recently - Wellens/Gally as maybe the youngsters don't quite have the mentality when they get into a rut to get back out of it. I'm firmly behind the Pearson Project and like where we are headed.

I'm sure that we will get the couple of players we need over the Summer to push on and I hope we can get back the loanees that we've had this year too as they've been great (Kane is a mixed bag but Keane is pure class). I'm obviously going to be happy if we go up (I can see EVERY game on TV living in the US!!) but I'd be worried we get pummeled each week and would rather have another season of growth, success and then going up in the autos vs the playoffs. It seems the auto teams fair a little better...

The older players like Wellens & Gallagher have done nothing to get us out of this rut and perhaps more worringly Morgan seems to be going the same way.

You only see things on the surface, don't you, and not the bigger picture? Wellens had a great game vs Cardiff. Isolated incident, yes, but think about how long he was out for and coming in to that match against the leaders added much-needed experience.

As for Morgan, he's not going the same way as the other 2 at all. He'll be vital to the way we play for the rest of the season. He's one of the key reasons we have the best defence in the league and he has helped Keane immensely in developing his game. I fully expect him to continue helping us maintain that record of the best defence in the league.

Why are you such a pessimist?

Because I've had to watch my team slide from what appeared to be a nailed on 2nd spot down to a very dodgy 6th while playing ****ing awful football.

As for seeing things on the surface and not the bigger picture, could I not throw that at those whose mantra is 'we're still in the play-offs'?

By the way we don't have the best defence in the league, Swindon & Sheff U have shipped fewer goals than us.

You only see things on the surface, don't you, and not the bigger picture? Wellens had a great game vs Cardiff. Isolated incident, yes, but think about how long he was out for and coming in to that match against the leaders added much-needed experience.

As for Morgan, he's not going the same way as the other 2 at all. He'll be vital to the way we play for the rest of the season. He's one of the key reasons we have the best defence in the league and he has helped Keane immensely in developing his game. I fully expect him to continue helping us maintain that record of the best defence in the league.

Why are you such a pessimist?

Wellens is over the hill I'm afraid. Yes he played ok, but we still went into half/time losing 2-0. Not his fault, but he ain't the player he once was.

Morgan I think, along with the Cardiff bloke, represent possibly the two best centre-backs in the division. He's only got better under Pearson, that's clear to see.

I rate him more though as a marshaller of the back-four than as an out and out captain. He just doesn't come across to me as tough enough (eg. Walshy).

I'm gonna go out on a limb a bit here also. For the Millwall game, I'd go for Whitbread, not Keane.

If such a young lad is starting to lose confidence, Pearson needs to do like Ferguson would do and give him a bit of time out of the side. And Keane looked very fragile against a very poor sheep-shaggers team.

Edit.. Hudson

lol

Wellens and Gallagher and even Dyer are not the required standard of player to help us get promotion. In the summer I expect they will be gone either way should we get promoted or stay in this division.

If we have a few bob to spend in the summer up to £6m odd then please NP/ or whoever the new manager is bring in players of proven quality at this level and who are experienced as well to compliment our youngish team

Adomah, Hoolohan, Curtis Davies are the types of player I would go for.

Because I've had to watch my team slide from what appeared to be a nailed on 2nd spot down to a very dodgy 6th while playing ****ing awful football.

As for seeing things on the surface and not the bigger picture, could I not throw that at those whose mantra is 'we're still in the play-offs'?

By the way we don't have the best defence in the league, Swindon & Sheff U have shipped fewer goals than us.

Technicality regarding the defence. 2nd spot was NEVER nailed on. Naive if you think that. And complacent.

Yeah, the bigger picture when I say 'we're still in the play-offs' is that we are still in contention and have been since day one for promotion. THAT is the bigger picture. Yes we have slid down in an ugly fashion. But we're still there, we're still able to get promoted. That's the key point.

I'm starting to believe that the owners have had their hand forced by FFP and know full well that we must reduce wages and we must approach promotion from a slower, squad-building angle. They are no longer looking for promotion at all costs. They are looking to build a squad within the limits of ffp which is capable of challenging for promotion.

In that context, I wonder what their expectations of Pearson are for this season, a season in which his remit has been to significantly reduce the wage bill and begin preparing the club for a future with FFP. That means no huge signings, no huge wages, actively seeking to get high earners off the books even if they are good useful players (schlupp), and generally running down the excesses of the past. It's a harsh environment for a manager. Maybe the owners consider being in 6th to be above expectations at this stage.

I totally agree with this and I'll pick up a lot of respect for our owners if that's how they're thinking.

I totally agree with this and I'll pick up a lot of respect for our owners if that's how they're thinking.

If this is the case, they have done a complete u-turn on the policy under Sven.

Maybe they've had their fingers burnt and have relaxed in their aspirations.

Personally, I doubt it.. They are businessmen first and foremost and would be hugely surprised if they didn't expect promotion this season.

And don't forget, Pearson hasn't exactly not spent any money has he...

If this is the case, they have done a complete u-turn on the policy under Sven.

Maybe they've had their fingers burnt and have relaxed in their aspirations.

Personally, I doubt it.. They are businessmen first and foremost and would be hugely surprised if they didn't expect promotion this season.

And don't forget, Pearson hasn't exactly not spent any money has he...

They're business men and didn't make all of their money through a short-term fix.

If I was them and I could turn back the clock I'd do it to before I bought Leicester and I'd have stayed out of football. They've been pretty unlucky to be honest, I agree with the principle behind the FFP but it's definitely scuppered their plans a bit.

Although to be honest I'd much rather we went up securely and stabilised rather than throw millions left right & centre.

The owners said... they want promotion last year, this year!

Pearson said.. his job is to get promotion this year.

Nothing contrary, the same goal, if we dont get promoted this year, he has failed. (not saying he should be gone, but thats the facts)

The owners said... they want promotion last year, this year!

Pearson said.. his job is to get promotion this year.

Nothing contrary, the same goal, if we dont get promoted this year, he has failed. (not saying he should be gone, but thats the facts)

I think we all realistically know the outcome should our goals not be realised this season

Just an observation:

Owner's strategy: increase the king power brand globally.

Pearson's strategy: head down, stay out the limelight, and be awkward and unhelpful with the media.

I can see the owners buying into Pearson's strategy of team building, and the performances on the pitch, but they must be wondering if he is the right man to represent this arm of the king power brand?

They want positive publicity and increased exposure in the global media, not awkward and uncomfortable exchanges with the local radio commentator.

You do wonder if they see all of the exposure the venkys are getting and get a bit fed up that they don't get anything like that.

The strategy of losing football matches you mean ... your easily impressed it appears

You're one of those with short memories, aren't you? Only goes back as far as you want it.

I'm pretty sure you and I both know losing matches wasn't part of the strategy. You can't be that small and narrow-minded, seriously?!

Just an observation:

Owner's strategy: increase the king power brand globally.

Pearson's strategy: head down, stay out the limelight, and be awkward and unhelpful with the media.

I can see the owners buying into Pearson's strategy of team building, and the performances on the pitch, but they must be wondering if he is the right man to represent this arm of the king power brand?

They want positive publicity and increased exposure in the global media, not awkward and uncomfortable exchanges with the local radio commentator.

You do wonder if they see all of the exposure the venkys are getting and get a bit fed up that they don't get anything like that.

It's an interesting angle but I think they know the real exposure will come with the premier league, so right now having a manager caoable of getting us promoted is more important than his personality.

If we do get promoted it will be interesting to see how Pearson copes with the massive increase in press coverage. If he plays his best deadpan indifferent card he could turn out to be quite popular.

It's an interesting angle but I think they know the real exposure will come with the premier league, so right now having a manager caoable of getting us promoted is more important than his personality.

If we do get promoted it will be interesting to see how Pearson copes with the massive increase in press coverage. If he plays his best deadpan indifferent card he could turn out to be quite popular.

For me Pearson always comes across well with the national media.

Fair enough he's sometimes moody with Stringer but there's obviously a class of personalities there. I think Pearson knows he made a mistake with the way he handled the stringer interview after the Leeds game but I put that down to frustration. Since then I think his interviews have been better and more honest.

With regards to Pearsons team building strategy I think he's done a fantastic job. I read somewhere that we've got one of the youngest squads in the football league. I think we're a couple of experiences players short of having a very competitive squad and im sure Pearson and the backeoom staff know this.

We desperately need stability and I think its time we start to back Pearson in what he's trying to build here

Owners- Want KP brand to be beamed globally by sky as often as poss, end result, they need to be in the top flight.

Manager- I assume wants to be a manager, so therefore wants to be a success, that means making the top flight.

Same Ambitions.

however, I think the owners may think NP is the person to get them there. However, I think Sven may have unfinished business once we are there.

Hows that suit you?

Archived