Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tommy

8 Out of 11 Decided

Thats good news, i imagine Micky Adams didnt know his first team at all last season, and just picked 11 players at the last moment  :rolleyes:

146342[/snapback]

Or the first eleven to turn up with boots ;)

Douglas

Gerrbrand                Johannson          Mcarthey

Sylla                                          Tiatto                                      Maybury

Hughes              Williams

De Vries                      Connelly   

Subs

Dublin

Gudjonsen/Kisnobo (if fit)

Stearman

Wilcox

New Striker

146356[/snapback]

Bit of long shot that, 99.999% it wil be 442

Levein believes he has decided 8 out of 11 for his starting lineup for the opener against Sheff Utd.

OS

146341[/snapback]

Categorically an improvement but I cannot imagine Levein's happy about pre-seaon.

a) We still have too many pieces to put in the jigssaw.

b) He has never been able to field his first choice side.

c) Key players will be short of match practice.

If, and by the time, all these things are sorted, we will probably be off the pace.

Perhaps next season we will get ahead of ourselves for once.

I'd say one of them still to be decided would be the centre back spot alongside Nissa. Gerrbrand (eventually, bit nervy early on) looked settled and good alongside Johansson against Inter and there's McCarthy aswell.

I imagine the others are left and central midfield - Williams or Hughes, or both if Hughes plays wide with Tiatto suspended.

Categorically an improvement but I cannot imagine Levein's happy about pre-seaon.

a) We still have too many pieces to put in the jigssaw.

b) He has never been able to field his first choice side.

c) Key players will be short of match practice.

If, and by the time, all these things are sorted, we will probably be off the pace.

Perhaps next season we will get ahead of ourselves for once.

146408[/snapback]

I agree this pre-season seems to have bean a hotchpotch of unevenly spaced games against an assortment of opponents, I'd like to think it didn't go as they wanted it to otherwise WTF have they been playing at.

I'm concerned about the match fitness of most of the key players especially, considering the high tempo game CL wants to play; it's alright being fit on the training ground but I would venture to say that's nothing like being match fit. From memory only DeVries and Johansson seem to have featured regularly and sufficiently to get even half fit bearing in mind we play on the 6th, 9th 13th August :unsure:

I agree this pre-season seems to have bean a hotchpotch of unevenly spaced games against an assortment of opponents, I'd like to think it didn't go as they wanted it to otherwise WTF have they been playing at.

I'm concerned about the match fitness of most of the key players especially, considering the high tempo game CL wants to play; it's alright being fit on the training ground but I would venture to say that's nothing like being match fit. From memory only DeVries and Johansson seem to have featured regularly and sufficiently to get even half fit bearing in mind we play on the 6th, 9th 13th August  :unsure:

146422[/snapback]

The worry now is that we pick up niggling injuries from unfit players being involved in a three-games-in-eight-days start and this decimates an already small squad and effectively stalls our season. We need at least two more players.

The worry now is that we pick up niggling injuries from unfit players being involved in a three-games-in-eight-days start and this decimates an already small squad and effectively stalls our season. We need at least two more players.

146523[/snapback]

As I think you've pointed out in another thread, the striker situation could get dire. Conners isn't fit. De Vries has only just got fit after a year of being unfit. Dublin hasn't been fully fit for years - like Brian Deane, bits drop off him after every game and have to be welded back on. :(

Then what..... "oh? Tommy Wright?"

Douglas

Maybury / McCarthy / Johansson / Gilbert

Sylla / ........ / ........ / ........

de Vries / Connolly

I've excluded Hughes as there is a doubt over his fitness. Connolly is the same, but he should be fit for Sheffield United.

It's a case of what to go for in midfield I think...

Archived