Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian W LCFC

Positions To Strengthen...

Left back - it's clear Konch isn't up to it anymore.

Central defender - to replace Keane.

Central midfielder - defensive minded, with pace, energy and strength. Someone to stifle the technical teams and mix it up with the 4-5-1, men behind the ball teams.

Winger - someone with pace, we cant rely on Dyer all the time and three natural wide players isn't enough.

Striker - Wood is an enigma and I don't think Nugent will ever be the 20+ striker we need. I'd live someone in the ilk of Deeney, pace and strength which allows for a variety in attack.

Left Back - Konch is a good pro but we need a quality left back, someone as good as Ritchie on the other side. Konch is done for pace too much and when I have seen him play his positioning has been lax.

Left Wing - Dyer just isn't going to cut it anymore, we need younger version of Lloyd or another flair player (Sako, Cameron Stuart) on the left side.

Centre Midfield - James has looked good, as has Kingy, but I think we need a physical presence in there.

Centre Defence - We need another Wes in there, Keane is out of his depth, Nigel doesn't like St Ledger and Whitbread is shite. A top quality Centre Back please.

Striker - 3 Quality strikers are a must. We have Wood and Nuge, but another player of similar or better ability to mix it up is a must. Our 3rd options (Futacs, Vardy and Waggy are well, pathetic). Maybe 2 strikers, again one should be a physical player to rough up defences with 20 minutes to go or someone with genuine pace (Ebanks-Blake).

Goalie - Obviously if Kaspar leaves only.

We are not far off from having a top 2 side.

Both right back and left back as cover. I hope StLedger will be included next season if not a centre back as well. I think we need to strengthen on both wings with a bit of strength and skill. A striker who is physically strong like David N'Gog. 

Left Back - Konch is a good pro but we need a quality left back, someone as good as Ritchie on the other side. Konch is done for pace too much and when I have seen him play his positioning has been lax.

Left Wing - Dyer just isn't going to cut it anymore, we need younger version of Lloyd or another flair player (Sako, Cameron Stuart) on the left side.

Centre Midfield - James has looked good, as has Kingy, but I think we need a physical presence in there.

Centre Defence - We need another Wes in there, Keane is out of his depth, Nigel doesn't like St Ledger and Whitbread is shite. A top quality Centre Back please.

Striker - 3 Quality strikers are a must. We have Wood and Nuge, but another player of similar or better ability to mix it up is a must. Our 3rd options (Futacs, Vardy and Waggy are well, pathetic). Maybe 2 strikers, again one should be a physical player to rough up defences with 20 minutes to go or someone with genuine pace (Ebanks-Blake).

Goalie - Obviously if Kaspar leaves only.

We are not far off from having a top 2 side.

Agree

Guest BlueBrett

We need a proper left back and a replacement right back.  We will probably require a Centre back too.

Also a Left winger.  As much as I love Dyer we need someone who has 46x90 minutes in them.  I would definitely keep Lloydy on the books though.

CM is a tough one.  Kingy and James are rock solid but unless Drinkwater comes on leaps and bounds in the summer and learns how to pick a forward pass I think we may need to get someone in.  Preferably someone over 6foot with a bit of muscle.

I'd also love us to sign a skilful forward who offers us something a bit different to Nuge and Wood.  Someone with genuine pace who can run in behind and who isn't afraid of taking a fking penalty!

Only having seen us on TV and highlights shows I am amazed how St. Ledger end up out of favour and loaned out?  Many on here want him to go but equal numbers want him to stay?  I thought he was pretty reasonable all the times I saw him for us albeit he did have a massive stint injured this season.  The same for Danns although that was based on what I saw in the Sven era and a little of NP's return half season.  If FFP does kick in can we afford to sell off players like this?

Get Danns back in the squad and we have a top midfield.

A new left back, a new right back- as for me De Laet isn't all that. A new centre half to partner Morgan for when SSL isn't fit.

I think Wood can come good again, and I rate Nugent, but I think we just lack one more good striker. Players like Deeney/Vydra from today would fit the bill perfectly.

Other than that the main aim is to hold onto what we have really, which is going to be very difficult.

Think this is spot on.. Just musing someone who can make things happen. A Kevin Phillips type player.

Very unlucky yesterday btw I was as many of united fans was rooting for u. We like to see our young lads do well. Chins up and onto the next season where hopefully bigger and better things come for this club. It's a big club and deserves to be back in that top flight, hopefully without the play offs next year.

Gk if schmeical leaves like to see Jason Steele or someone like that

rb no need de last is good enough

cb need a quality cb with pace like jef bruma pr Curtis davoes

lb need a replacement for Konch with someone like Marcus Alonso or olsonn from blackburn

rm maybe need another tricky winger similair to knockaert like sako or bolasie

lm same these can interchange with rm

cm big physical ball winner like oligonjana

st got nuge but in still not convinced with wood doesn't look like he has passion so maybe offload him and add in someone like Austin or ngog

others

id like to see Redmond or a young prodigy like that or maybe a flair cam like Maloney from wigan

so team next year

Kasper hopefully

de laet

davies

morgan

olson or alonso

knockaert

king

james

sako

nugent

ngog or austin

bench

schlupp, Maloney, Liam Moore , Logan ,Keane, Redmond , and a free stop going go your choice

Archived