Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian W LCFC

Positions To Strengthen...

Centre mid??? You mad? James and king are absolute boss and on his day so is drinky. The one area we don't need to tinker with.

King has been hit and miss until the last few games. What if one gets injured? Drinkwater's form in the second half of the season hasn't been good enough. One more quality CM is what we need. I'm not saying any of them are poor, but if Matty James gets injured we have nobody to dominate the midfield whatsoever.

Player in every position for me, well almost.

Keeper - Shouldnt need one unless Kasper goes

RB - Possibly the only out field position which might be ok with RDL and Moore

CB - Morgan is the only one i would have here for definite. Need at least two more, as i dont rate Whitbread and just dont think SSL will be here.

LB  - Konch will probably be moved on due to money and we have next to no one else to fill the space. 2 needed, or bring a youth through as back up

Wings - Keep Dyer, then we have Knocky and Marshall. Oh and Gallagher, but cant see him here next season and wont be fussed if Marshall goes too. One on either side to be added

CMs - King and James to definitely stay. DD probably too but i dont rate him that much. A ball type player would be good, plus another 2 maybe. Danns will be gone i think.

Strikers - Wood and Nugent to keep. And Schlupp. Then we have no one who will be here next season, well Vardy and Waggy shouldnt be here anyway. Kane had better not be here either!

So at least 7 players i think at minimum needed

Same as I said last pre season...

1. A proper captain is imperative. Someone who is mentally tough and can haul them up when he needs to. I don't think this is Morgan. Someone with experience and who Pearson accepts has a personality that may sometimes conflict with his.

2. A defensive midfielder... Big, tall, tough, ball winner. To use when needed. Especially to help defend leads when away from home.

3. Pace on the right side.. A tricky right winger with a good cross.

4. An older, experienced central defender to build a long playing relationship with Keane. IMO the defence has looked more shaky with Keane in it.

Nige didn't listen last pre season.. I doubt he will this one either..

:whistle:

Personally we have a good settled backbone of a team, but we so need some quality back up, we never seem to be able to change off the bench at times, everyone knows strength on depth is needed at this level

So I reckon a couple of defenders, new 1st choice proper left back for certain and then centre back as well, a couple of midfielders and a decent striker even if it is just to give wood a good kick up the arse and knuckle down

Left Back - Konch is a good pro but we need a quality left back, someone as good as Ritchie on the other side. Konch is done for pace too much and when I have seen him play his positioning has been lax.

Left Wing - Dyer just isn't going to cut it anymore, we need younger version of Lloyd or another flair player (Sako, Cameron Stuart) on the left side.

Centre Midfield - James has looked good, as has Kingy, but I think we need a physical presence in there.

Centre Defence - We need another Wes in there, Keane is out of his depth, Nigel doesn't like St Ledger and Whitbread is shite. A top quality Centre Back please.

Striker - 3 Quality strikers are a must. We have Wood and Nuge, but another player of similar or better ability to mix it up is a must. Our 3rd options (Futacs, Vardy and Waggy are well, pathetic). Maybe 2 strikers, again one should be a physical player to rough up defences with 20 minutes to go or  someone with genuine pace (Ebanks-Blake).

Goalie - Obviously if Kaspar leaves only.

We are not far off from having a top 2 side.

Left Back - Konch is a good pro but we need a quality left back, someone as good as Ritchie on the other side. Konch is done for pace too much and when I have seen him play his positioning has been lax.

Left Wing - Dyer just isn't going to cut it anymore, we need younger version of Lloyd or another flair player (Sako, Cameron Stuart) on the left side.

Centre Midfield - James has looked good, as has Kingy, but I think we need a physical presence in there.

Centre Defence - We need another Wes in there, Keane is out of his depth, Nigel doesn't like St Ledger and Whitbread is shite. A top quality Centre Back please.

Striker - 3 Quality strikers are a must. We have Wood and Nuge, but another player of similar or better ability to mix it up is a must. Our 3rd options (Futacs, Vardy and Waggy are well, pathetic). Maybe 2 strikers, again one should be a physical player to rough up defences with 20 minutes to go or  someone with genuine pace (Ebanks-Blake).

Goalie - Obviously if Kaspar leaves only.

We are not far off from having a top 2 side.

Good post.  Agree with that analysis.

Amazing how the sky commentators can say a couple of good things about King and suddeny he's our best player.

Are you foregtting how he went missing in almost every game he played throughout the entire season. Likewise Drinkwater, he had a few good games but was mostly poor.

We need a new RB, cover at LB, a new CB (x2 for cover), a new left winger, a new CM to partner James, and a new striker. Plus new players to replace any players we lose.

Centre mid??? You mad? James and king are absolute boss and on his day so is drinky. The one area we don't need to tinker with.

Agreed - If James and King start the season how they've finished it, those positions are absolutely fine.

In this order.

1 Centre back

2 Striker ( Ebanks-Blake is a good shout)

3 Left back

4 Wide mid

The team now needs to built around the King / James CM partnership.

We have the nucleus of a good young side, and with the right additions should do well next season.

Archived