Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
nickyboy

Forum Sillyseason

I for one cannot wait till preseason games start as the post season lull seems to be a catalyst for Silly season on here

I know that we do get silly and inane topics throughout the year, but with the lack of games to moan about and information coming from the club we seem to be jumping on every comment and action that has occurred in world football

This is the time when football rumour sites and stories go into overdrive, most of what is mentioned I. Them is crap, this will from time to time include stories about our players, if it does it does not mean they are going to be leaving, so please stick by them until they are no longer on our staff. (I have seen a few people doubting Kasper as a goalie as soon as it was rumoured dull wanted him)

So people only because we don't have a game to comment on or a sourced news story, it doesn't mean we have to comment on anything and everything rumour wise we hear

And I do get the slight irony that this has turned into a moan, therefore I have fallen into the silly season trap, but hey ho

It seems we cannot abide an information vacuum, and the only way people seem be able to respond to it is to fill it with shite.  It seems impossible to ignore, and even harder to accept that rather than no news being good news or bad news, is it simply an absence of news.  News, news, news, news, news, news.  See, it's lost all meaning now, it's just a noise.

I would suggest finding something better to fill your time with, for example gardening or learning to play the guitar, both of which can be both relaxing AND rewarding

I for one cannot wait till preseason games start as the post season lull seems to be a catalyst for Silly season on here

I know that we do get silly and inane topics throughout the year, but with the lack of games to moan about and information coming from the club we seem to be jumping on every comment and action that has occurred in world football

This is the time when football rumour sites and stories go into overdrive, most of what is mentioned I. Them is crap, this will from time to time include stories about our players, if it does it does not mean they are going to be leaving, so please stick by them until they are no longer on our staff. (I have seen a few people doubting Kasper as a goalie as soon as it was rumoured dull wanted him)

So people only because we don't have a game to comment on or a sourced news story, it doesn't mean we have to comment on anything and everything rumour wise we hear

And I do get the slight irony that this has turned into a moan, therefore I have fallen into the silly season trap, but hey ho

I see you've been here less than a year

Allow me to inform you silly season begins on January 1st and ends on Decemeber 31st on Foxestalk.

The thing I hate about this time of the close season is so many people wet themselves when another team signs someone. You get the usual, 'another one got away then', 'fvcks sake why didnt we get him', 'always rated him' etc etc.

Doesnt matter who the player is.

Archived