Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Callabinho

Our most intelligent fox?

You mean like Carlos Tevez who's spent 7 years in England and can barely speak a word, or Gervinho who's been here two and a half years and can't speak any English. Or David Beckham who spent a year longer in Spain than Lineker and as far as I'm aware is nowhere near fluent in Spanish.

It's not easy learning a new language, especially when your older (ie out of school) and its certainly not easy to become practically fluent like Lineker has. I'm not sure if the ones above are down to laziness or lack of intelligence, but spending a few years of your career somewhere won't mean you'll automatically start speaking the language, it will have taken some hard work and a degree of intelligence on Linekers part to reach the standard of Spanish he has.

I agree with the rest of what you said but whilst David Beckham isn't that well spoken he speaks fluent Spanish. I also remember James Corden saying that he went for dinner with Becks in Italy when he was on loan at Milan for a couple of months before a shoot for Sport Relief and Beckham refused to speak English and would only speak in Italian to people when he was out. He's also a pretty decent businessman as well :thumbup: .

Not bad for a guy who isn't seen as a very clever. 

I agree with the rest of what you said but whilst David Beckham isn't that well spoken he speaks fluent Spanish. I also remember James Corden saying that he went for dinner with Becks in Italy when he was on loan at Milan for a couple of months before a shoot for Sport Relief and Beckham refused to speak English and would only speak in Italian to people when he was out. He's also a pretty decent businessman as well :thumbup: .

Not bad for a guy who isn't seen as a very clever.

Well I did say as far as I'm aware, I didn't know he'd learnt the language. Point still stand regarding the other two, especially Tevez who has been here ages.

Well I did say as far as I'm aware, I didn't know he'd learnt the language. Point still stand regarding the other two, especially Tevez who has been here ages.

Or the fact Tevez doesn't want to learn English....

Or the fact Tevez doesn't want to learn English....

I did say I'm not sure if its laziness or lack of intelligence that's stopped him learning the language, do you not read things?

Anyway point still stands Lineker playing in Spain for three years won't automatically mean he becomes fluent in Spanish, it takes work and some intelligence.

Archived