Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Callabinho

Our most intelligent fox?

Went down the ground some years ago and had a similar conversation  over how bright some of our players were or were not. My mate who worked there at the time took me to the changing rooms where Brian Little had been discussing tactics with the players using what is best described as a metal sheet with magnetic counters on, each of which had players names/nicknames on. Joachim's had 'God' written on (his idea). My mate reckoned 'God' struggled to string three words together! However, the man he thought to be the brightest and a real nice bloke at the time was Colin Hill whoose counter had 'Prof' written on it!

Went down the ground some years ago and had a similar conversation  over how bright some of our players were or were not. My mate who worked there at the time took me to the changing rooms where Brian Little had been discussing tactics with the players using what is best described as a metal sheet with magnetic counters on, each of which had players names/nicknames on. Joachim's had 'God' written on (his idea). My mate reckoned 'God' struggled to string three words together! However, the man he thought to be the brightest and a real nice bloke at the time was Colin Hill whoose counter had 'Prof' written on it!

It was rumored at the time that Brian Little had to take Joachim down to the train station to make sure he got on the right train...

Somebody speaking with a Home Counties or RP accent isn't necessarily intelligent, they just have social capital. :thumbup:

Lineker is no fool, speaks Spanish fluently and is proficient in Japanese. 

Somebody speaking with a Home Counties or RP accent isn't necessarily intelligent, they just have social capital. :thumbup:

Lineker is no fool, speaks Spanish fluently and is proficient in Japanese.

That's because he spent some years of his career there.

That's because he spent some years of his career there.

You mean like Carlos Tevez who's spent 7 years in England and can barely speak a word, or Gervinho who's been here two and a half years and can't speak any English. Or David Beckham who spent a year longer in Spain than Lineker and as far as I'm aware is nowhere near fluent in Spanish.

It's not easy learning a new language, especially when your older (ie out of school) and its certainly not easy to become practically fluent like Lineker has. I'm not sure if the ones above are down to laziness or lack of intelligence, but spending a few years of your career somewhere won't mean you'll automatically start speaking the language, it will have taken some hard work and a degree of intelligence on Linekers part to reach the standard of Spanish he has.

Archived