Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

An Interesting Read - Some Stats.

Guest MattP

Exactly. I hope he can get back in the side. 

Long way to go though as he fell out massively with Pearson towards the back end of last season

lol

Has Nigel Pearson ever dropped a player with having supposedly fell out with them?

Agreed.

Marshall is better at defending than Dyer as well.

But thats the problem. He doesnt want to defend and by his own admission in a interview with stringer last season he admitted nigel had asked him to alter his game.

Playing a bit deeper and covering his full back more than he was used to.

Yet the season before it wasnt part of the plan. Just shows pearson reverted to type.

I'm surprised Drinkwater completed so many passes.

I think people forget that for a large part of the season including when we reached the dizzy heights of 2nd Drink was our regular cm and consistent performer. Imo he was the victim of being overplayed, which led to like form, then pressure from the fans and that was it...season over. Nige blatantly didn't get enough cover in cm. I'm hoping he will have put it behind him and come back a stronger player. I still think him and James could dominate games next season with ball possession

I think people forget that for a large part of the season including when we reached the dizzy heights of 2nd Drink was our regular cm and consistent performer. Imo he was the victim of being overplayed, which led to like form, then pressure from the fans and that was it...season over. Nige blatantly didn't get enough cover in cm. I'm hoping he will have put it behind him and come back a stronger player. I still think him and James could dominate games next season with ball possession

Great post..

:thumbup:

It was a cheap dig at Drinkwater given his tendency to give the ball away cheaply, even during our good runs of form and despite his passing not being particularly expansive. I do rate Drinkwater and I hope he'll come back strongly next season - he's certainly got the ability.

I'll freely admit I've never 'got' Drinkwater. There was a great fuss when he signed, a great fuss at the start of the season and a great fuss when he apparently went off the boil. I still don't get what he does. He did contribute 5 assists and one goal (I saw that one) which is similar to Waghorn

I never got Joe Cole either.

And people wonder why Pearson falls out with the players.

Like I've always said, if most people on here were in Pearson's position, they'd be falling out with most of them too.

Some people's vendetta against the bloke will never go. Simple as that. I quote a bloke at Derby near us "I wouldn't sing Pearson's name if he made us champions of England".

Archived