Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
londonfox

clock is ticking....

time is surely running out for CL to sign a much needed striker. Without one we look horribly short of goal power. A serious injury to DC would very quickly put pay to any chance of promotion this season.

Someone else posted this a while back but surely someone like Mellor from L'pool would come to Leics for a 1st team place and a promotion push??

Pity we havent got a bit more cash to sign someone like Commons from F*rest!! He would be a great signing.

Anyone else think we should give the boys a big balloon/tic a tape welcome at sheff utd??? just like the good old days???

I dont think CL will get another striker. It a bit late in the day for Saturday but there is still time in the transfer window. He might get a backup striker but i dont think he has any money left at all! So i seroiusly doubt it.

Further info on the current situation following the shareholders meeting tonight.

Currently looking at 4 strikers from which we will only choose one to complete the squad

- some are loans, others are potential signings

- some are English based, others abroad

And as we have said all along, all 4 strikers have pace !

time is surely running out for CL to sign a much needed striker. Without one we look horribly short of goal power. A serious injury to DC would very quickly put pay to any chance of promotion this season. 

Someone else posted this a while back but surely someone like Mellor from L'pool would come to Leics for a 1st team place and a promotion push??

Pity we havent got a bit more cash to sign someone like Commons from F*rest!! He would be a great signing.

Anyone else think we should give the boys a big balloon/tic a tape welcome at sheff utd??? just like the good old days???

148207[/snapback]

Why? He's no striker :huh:

Amazes me people still don't think DC and MdV will be up to the task inthis division.

Did they see the way DC finished last season? I thought MdV was very good against Inter and his finish on Saturday was cultured and classy. The striker we eventually get will be sat on his arse for the first few weeks and will have to fight his way in, pace or no pace.

This whole emphasis on pace makes me chuckle, the first thing we need is a player who has the basic atributes required by all players and uses his intelligence to create the opportunities. We had the pacy Stephan Moore and he was frankly bollox, so pace doesn't guarentee goals.

Amazes me people still don't think DC and MdV will be up to the task in this division.

148701[/snapback]

Totally agree. I think the problem is that we need quality to support them, not to replace them. All three are injury/fitness worries - the back-up doesn't inspire confidence.

Speed isn't a prerequisite for goals. Given the fact that we don't have any quick forwards, it's not unreasonable to think that we should be looking for a guy with pace to give us more options.

I agree they dont have to be quick, the dont have to run around a lot, There is no reason for them to pass the ball, they dont even need to be that skillfull, they just have to tap the ball in the back of the net. Its Simple. foot kicks ball into net, dead simple. what could be easier. You would think we wanted a NASA scientist

We have two prospects who can hold the ball up and act as a centre fwd (de vries and dubs) - whereas for the other part we only have little DC. As pointed out above, if DC was injured/suspended we would be v short on pace and would have to put our two big lads on, and this you may agree, would not be the best move for this league.

Pace doesnt get you goals but in our situation it will help balance the front line and give our attack an outlet. De Vries and Dublin are two who cannot really run with the ball - in this sense someone with some level of pace is essential. In the same way two pacey strikers would not be suitable - we need one of each.

We have until 31 August to sign new players so there is no need to panic.

148335[/snapback]

With that attitude we should just be getting our team to gel around Christmas. The season starts on the 6th and I'd like the centre-forward (s) here by then so we can try to win some early points. Giving away heads starts and winning promotion don't go together.

Further info on the current situation following the shareholders meeting tonight.

Currently looking at 4 strikers from which we will only choose one to complete the squad

- some are loans, others are potential signings

- some are English based, others abroad

And as we have said all along, all 4 strikers have pace !

148688[/snapback]

any clues to clubs or ages etc

Archived