Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Pre-Match Music

Foxes Call The Tune

Leicester City will be trialling two new pre-match music packages ahead of their upcoming games against Stoke City and Ipswich Town at the Walkers Stadium.

After consultation with supporters the Foxes will premiere both warm-ups and then ask fans to email or write to the club stating their preferred choice.

Against Stoke City on Tuesday, August 9, Henry will perform his rendition of the Post Horn Gallop at 7:30pm, before tenor Laurence Robinson performs a track which is yet to be selected. Sandstorm by Da Rude will then be played over the PA system before Carnival de Paris is aired while the players line up in the tunnel. Henry will then play the Post Horn Gallop again as the players enter the pitch. Elevation by U2 will replace Laurence on a normal matchday.

Local band Kasabian feature heavily in the second package, which will be played ahead of the Ipswich Town fixture on Saturday, August 13. Again, Henry will kick-off proceedings, before Kasabian's LSF is played over the PA. This will be followed by Meaning of Soul by Oasis and Club Foot, also by Kasabian, before the team enter the pitch to the Post Horn Gallop.

So make sure you listen out for the new pre-match entertainment and let us know what you think.

OS

Foxes Call The Tune

Leicester City will be trialling two new pre-match music packages ahead of their upcoming games against Stoke City and Ipswich Town at the Walkers Stadium.

After consultation with supporters the Foxes will premiere both warm-ups and then ask fans to email or write to the club stating their preferred choice.

Against Stoke City on Tuesday, August 9, Henry will perform his rendition of the Post Horn Gallop at 7:30pm, before tenor Laurence Robinson performs a track which is yet to be selected. Sandstorm by Da Rude will then be played over the PA system before Carnival de Paris is aired while the players line up in the tunnel. Henry will then play the Post Horn Gallop again as the players enter the pitch. Elevation by U2 will replace Laurence on a normal matchday.

Local band Kasabian feature heavily in the second package, which will be played ahead of the Ipswich Town fixture on Saturday, August 13. Again, Henry will kick-off proceedings, before Kasabian's LSF is played over the PA. This will be followed by Meaning of Soul by Oasis and Club Foot, also by Kasabian, before the team enter the pitch to the Post Horn Gallop.

So make sure you listen out for the new pre-match entertainment and let us know what you think.

OS

148742[/snapback]

Interesting! Nice to see a good local band getting in there. Its almost worth getting there before more than 5 minutes before kick off :ph34r: but we shall see.

I really hope that the fans respond, as it is clear the club want to improve the tmosphere, and are trying to do something to help.

Meaning of Soul by Oasis and LSF/Club Foot, also by Kasabian

BOTH EXCELLENT>>>>

Sky are using meaning of soul so people (couch potatoes) would recognise this more..

Kasabian is local, and well maybe if we like OUR LOCAL BAND they might even do a gig in the future ......... wonder if the board have thought of that..

On a seroius note WELL DONE PETER JONES/TIMBO for listening to the fans again..

**I'm starting to like the board.... :ermm::ermm: I'll get my coat :ermm::ermm::blink:

Although i like dance music, darudes sandstorm is a touch too much.

But if city insist, then why not go the whole hog and play dj misjah & dj tims `access` hmm i can say without ANY doubt, THAT tune will remove the pre-season cobwebs!

Whatever we do, we need a cresendo of sound.

Plus, i like henry, but i dont like his `talent`, sorry mate. Why cant he provide a less ear renching sound???

Well its now up to fans to give a clear message.

and I don't mean posting - "that's great" on the message boards.

Crank up that volume & get behind the players before kick off if you like the changes - that's what its all about

148902[/snapback]

thats great :ph34r:lol

Neither seem inspiring to me. Why not The Imperial March from Star Wars or the Jaws theme? Hinckley Utd play the Star Wars theme and it seems to get people in the mood. They need some music hat won't be dated in 2 years. :ermm:

148951[/snapback]

Sheffield United do the Star Wars theme and I wouldn't particularly want to be seen to be copying them.

I can't understand why City are insisting that they keep Henry's bit before the teams come out, it always kills the atmosphere after they've built it up.

Sorry IMO Henry needs the bullet.

Yep Henry certainly kills the atmosphere. If not the main Star wars theme then the Imperial March(Darth Vader and Emperors theme). Everyone knows it and it's proper let's get stuck in music. If we have Oasis we may as well have Status Quo.

What a top idea for all that music, shame the ol' Trumpet wielding pensioner's going to take a dump on the whole idea by ruining the entire point of playing it.

Get rid of Henry and bring back the recorded version!

What a top idea for all that music, shame the ol' Trumpet wielding pensioner's going to take a dump on the whole idea by ruining the entire point of playing it.

Get rid of Henry and bring back the recorded version!

149063[/snapback]

Seconded.

Come on Foxes Trust get it sorted get the pensioner out!

He's a laughing stock :mad:

Filbert Fox is the way to go then. Give him a headband to wear and we're well away. We Will Rock You banging over tannoy as Filbert thumps those drums. Yes thats it Filbert playing we will rock u :D I can see it now, the whole crowd joining in and kids will love it. It could become and attractiion like mascots in the States are.

Filbert Fox is the way to go then. Give him a headband to wear and we're well away. We Will Rock You banging over tannoy as Filbert thumps those drums. Yes thats it Filbert playing we will rock u :D I can see it now, the whole crowd joining in and kids will love it. It could become and attractiion like mascots in the States are.

149078[/snapback]

You are joking arent you :huh:lol

Archived