Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jimmeh

karl henry new signing for QPR

ttfn.

FFP doesn't apply to teams relegated in the season just gone. They will also have parachute payments. However both of these factors don't avert the fact that they appear to have adopted one of the most short sighted financial models present in the country. 

Literally, and I genuinely believe this, they have to get promoted, or else they will be well and truly fcked the season after when they do have to comply to the regulations.

Reports say that Harry hasn't gone to their pre-season camp abroad either, and could be leaving soon - I really doubt they'll go up this season, and I think it might well be the end of QPR for a long long time. 

Guest ttfn

It's the parachute payments. They're ridiculous. Money for failure.

Even my mate who supports Hull said, if they go down it will add to the finances.

Clubs who get relegated have an advantage, don't they? Look at the signings that QPR and Wigan have made.

It's "only" £15 million per season, which as I've shown above will be eaten up by the inability to offload just a few players on Premier League wages. The other factor I've not mentioned is transfer fee amortisation, which would also eat into that £15 million.

ttfn.

FFP doesn't apply to teams relegated in the season just gone. They will also have parachute payments. However both of these factors don't avert the fact that they appear to have adopted one of the most short sighted financial models present in the country. 

Literally, and I genuinely believe this, they have to get promoted, or else they will be well and truly fcked the season after when they do have to comply to the regulations.

Reports say that Harry hasn't gone to their pre-season camp abroad either, and could be leaving soon - I really doubt they'll go up this season, and I think it might well be the end of QPR for a long long time. 

Well that's settled it. FFP is complete bullshit.

Literally one rule for 3 clubs and another rule for 21 others.

And people are moaning about Watford?

You don't think they will actually keep hold of Remy and Granero etc do you? I'd be amazed personally just from a personal point of view, I think they're signing knowing full well certain players will be off. Likes of Barton also.

Ok, can we start talking about QPR and FFP yet?

Because frankly, it's ridiculous.

They shouldn't be signing ANYBODY.

Their turnover the last time they were in the Championship was £16 million, and season ticket prices are lower this year for their fans than they were before, so that is optimistic (before Parachute payments). The parachute payments are an obscene £15 million per season, but that still only gives them turnover of £31 million.

According to the Guardian, their wages in 2011/12 were £58.5 million. This was before signing the likes of Park, Bosingwa, Remy and Samba (some of whom they've now offloaded).

Now, at an absolute minimum, their wages are going to have had another £15 million added to them, just from (very conservatively):

Remy at £4 million per year

Granero at £3 million per year

Green at £2 million per year

Jenas at £1 million per year

Hoilett at £2 million per year

Mbia at £1 million per year

Dunne at £1 million per year

Simpson at £1 million per year.

You can then perhaps deduct £3 million from the annual total to reflect those players that they've got rid of between the end of 2011/12 and now (don't forget they'll have paid for a month of Samba and 2 of Bosingwa, coming to a total of £1.5 million this financial year - since 31 May - too).

This gives us a net wage increase from 2011/12 of £12 million. Or a total of £70.5 million (we'll say £70 million to be nice). Whilst they may get rid of some of these players in the future, the fact is that at this point, they haven't, and they will be absolutely haemorrhaging money. It's also worth noting that the biggest earner, Remy, is up on rape charges in October so is extremely unlikely to be going anywhere before January.

So what do QPR do? They go out and bring in a former England manager as a coach (who I'm sure doesn't come cheap). They go and bring in Karl Henry, who presumably is on Premier League wages for £1 million. And they are supposedly close to tying up a deal for Gary Hooper, who is being pursued by a number of Premier League clubs. For £4.5 million.

All this leaves me wondering - why are we bothering to comply with FFP? We've scrimped and saved all summer, but in reality, even without parachute payments, we're far, far, far closer to FFP compliance than these guys, even before offloading Beckford and Wellens.

So that leaves me thinking one of 2 things:

1) FFP is unenforceable or the Football League isn't interested in enforcing it.

2) The reason we're not spending is not because of FFP, it's because the owners don't want to spend any more cash on us.

3)QPR are burying their collective head in the sand and hoping everything will turn out for the best.

You don't think they will actually keep hold of Remy and Granero etc do you? I'd be amazed personally just from a personal point of view, I think they're signing knowing full well certain players will be off. Likes of Barton also.

To be honest though mate I doubt they've reduced any of the wages of their players after relegation; and as their performances suggested last season, none of their players are really committed to the club - which is why I don't think they'll get out of the league in all honesty. They have no youth coming up, and they have no plan B; they're on a knife edge in all honesty

Guest ttfn

Barton, Remy and Granero have already cost QPR £2 million this financial year in wages. It doesn't matter anyway, even before looking at these mega earners they're spending an obscene amount on wages. You're not seeing the wood for the trees.

Who's going to buy Remy?

Re: Granero, even if he does go, he's got a 4 year deal. They're going to have to take a hit on the £9 million they've paid him, and that fee is amortising at over £2 million a year (another FFP blow).

Barton? Fvck knows, I don't think even he knows what's going on.

Anyway, as XML has illustrated this is all academic anyway because of the nonsense that is FFP.

QPR also got 13mill for Samba too.

They will have to, as no club is going to invest in somebody who has a trial coming up in a couple of months.

Barton, Remy and Granero have already cost QPR £2 million this financial year in wages. It doesn't matter anyway, even before looking at these mega earners they're spending an obscene amount on wages. You're not seeing the wood for the trees.

Who's going to buy Remy?

Re: Granero, even if he does go, he's got a 4 year deal. They're going to have to take a hit on the £9 million they've paid him, and that fee is amortising at over £2 million a year (another FFP blow).

Barton? Fvck knows, I don't think even he knows what's going on.

Anyway, as XML has illustrated this is all academic anyway because of the nonsense that is FFP.

Remy scored 7 goals in 14 games in the Prem, not a bad ratio, Newcastle wanted him before he chose QPR so probably a club like them, or maybe Fulham or someone.

I'm not saying they'll make back what they paid out but I think they will get some big wages off the bill and recoup some money.

Guest ttfn

QPR also got 13mill for Samba too.

They will have to, as no club is going to invest in somebody who has a trial coming up in a couple of months.

The £12 million which they claim to have got for Samba (do you really believe that?) will largely offset the £12 million they spent last year.

If Samba was on a 3.5 year deal, the £12 million would be spread out over that time. About £2 million of this would have been expensed last year. When they received £2 million this season they'd have made about a £2 million profit.

A drop in the ocean. Enough to pay Remy's wages for six months for FFP purposes. 

Remy scored 7 goals in 14 games in the Prem, not a bad ratio, Newcastle wanted him before he chose QPR so probably a club like them, or maybe Fulham or someone.

I'm not saying they'll make back what they paid out but I think they will get some big wages off the bill and recoup some money.

But what about the court case?

Guest ttfn

I believe clubs can agree fees and terms as well as do medicals pending the result of a court case, I'm sure something was done similar with Barton one time.

Yeah, but they still have to pay him until January.

Archived