Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleckneymike

Why one out might not mean one in

2011/12 though, which would mean that Bamba, Ball, Peltier, Paintsil, Mills, Johnson, Fernandes, Berner, Kennedy, Tunchev, Oakley, Wellens, Abe, Moreno, Howard, Vassell, Beckford, Kermorgant and Weale would all have been here amongst others. Theres 19 players there which isn't far from the squad numbers we currently have, and those who have replaced the names mentioned above will all be on far cheaper wages than most of those, especially when you consider Abe alone was on 40k. So overall, an immense amount of praise has to be given to NP for cutting a hell of a lot of shit out of the club. In the past 2 years we have made excellent progress both on and off the field and are nowhere near as ****ed as we were and with Konch looking set to go, our finances are only going to look better.

2011/12 though, which would mean that Bamba, Ball, Peltier, Paintsil, Mills, Johnson, Fernandes, Berner, Kennedy, Tunchev, Oakley, Wellens, Abe, Moreno, Howard, Vassell, Beckford, Kermorgant and Weale would all have been here amongst others. Theres 19 players there which isn't far from the squad numbers we currently have, and those who have replaced the names mentioned above will all be on far cheaper wages than most of those, especially when you consider Abe alone was on 40k. So overall, an immense amount of praise has to be given to NP for cutting a hell of a lot of shit out of the club. In the past 2 years we have made excellent progress both on and off the field and are nowhere near as ****ed as we were and with Konch looking set to go, our finances are only going to look better.

But in has come Morgan, DeLaet, James, Marshall, Drinkwater, Wood, Futacs, Knockaert, Whitbread and Bagayoko. Our turnover will be fairly similar to what it was then

Chp+Revenue+excl+PP.jpg

To comply with FFP we need to get those wages to turnover well down 

Chp+Wages+2.jpg

Plus our debt stands at 

Chp+Debt.jpg
with payments of £5.3m per season on those losses we are still going to struggle to get our losses down to just £8m per season. 

But in has come Morgan, DeLaet, James, Marshall, Drinkwater, Wood, Futacs, Knockaert, Whitbread and Bagayoko. Our turnover will be fairly similar to what it was then

Chp+Revenue+excl+PP.jpg

To comply with FFP we need to get those wages to turnover well down

Chp+Wages+2.jpg

Plus our debt stands at

Chp+Debt.jpg

with payments of £5.3m per season on those losses we are still going to struggle to get our losses down to just £8m per season.
Pearson will not give players contracts like Sven did... They are on less, one of the reason Pearson is in because he doesn't overspend but can still build a successful young side.

The Pearson players will be on significantly, most of the signings he has made are, young, relativity unheard of Academy products, experiencing the game for the first time thus their contracts will resemble this. 

As for income, ST numbers are meant to be up this year and were last year, Sponsor ship will have increased with the partnership with Singha and Air Asia having been made since those figurers, chances are Merchandising revenue will have increased as well, especially if they are selling stuff in Thailand. There are also the two 'footballing' partnerships we have out there which I guarantee has some financial benefit for us.

I don't think its as bad as it may seem. The biggest expenditure, wages aside, is probably that £100m loan to the owners at 8%

Pearson will not give players contracts like Sven did... They are on less, one of the reason Pearson is in because he doesn't overspend but can still build a successful young side.

They will be BUT the dent will have grown again last season which means the interest payments will have grown. We are staring with a clean slate, we're attempting to eat into our very considerable debt. Anyone going out is going to make the smallest dent in those figures.

We also still have Kasper, Nuge, Konchesky (for a few more days) Danns, Gallagher, King et al. Those £5m interest payments might as well count as a players wages so we'd need to get the wage bill down to around the level of Burnley's to try and break even.

The Pearson players will be on significantly, most of the signings he has made are, young, relativity unheard of Academy products, experiencing the game for the first time thus their contracts will resemble this. 

As for income, ST numbers are meant to be up this year and were last year, Sponsor ship will have increased with the partnership with Singha and Air Asia having been made since those figurers, chances are Merchandising revenue will have increased as well, especially if they are selling stuff in Thailand. There are also the two 'footballing' partnerships we have out there which I guarantee has some financial benefit for us.

I don't think its as bad as it may seem.

We're nearly £100m in debt in 2011/12, I imagine we'll be over £120m in debt for 12/13. That's quite bad.

We're nearly £100m in debt in 2011/12, I imagine we'll be over £120m in debt for 12/13. That's quite bad.

The debt isn't really the problem though, that will be the issue of the next owner who has to come along and pay the Thai's off, which means that atm its imperitive that they remain the owners for some time to come yet. Our problem atm is getting in line will FFP so we can then be in a position to break even the in a few years time to make a profit. As I understand it we can make a £3 mill loss this year rising to £8m if the owners are willing to effectively donate £5m to the club, failure to come inside that is catastrophic as the loss doubles because of the fine we would receive. 

NP had said that we were just about in line with FFP before Konch's inevitable departure, which would mean we are somewhere in the region of -£8m for this year. Assuming he is on about £30k that is £1.56m + the fee would mean that we should be within FFP and could mean we could get a Free or Loan. 

That could all be shite though :)

Mills on far more than Morgan

Abe on far more than James

Beckford on far more than Wood

Wellens on far more than Drinkwater

Pantail on far more than Delaet

Ricardo on far more than Logan

Bamba on far more than Whitbread

Fernandez on far more than knockeart

Yakubu on far more than Vardy

I don't know the exact figures but I would imagine all of the above is true if we have also replaced Konchesky with Zooma then we have saved a small fortune since these figures were released with more season ticket holders, bigger sponsorship deals selling more merchandise and extra revenue from sky for showing every game I would be surprised if the debt has grown.

I think we would be in a pretty good position now as a club.

The truth is we don't know the clubs exact financial position, no point analysing old graphs that don't even take into account the context of financial fair play and draw conclusions, pointless.

We'll soon find out over the next few weeks if Pearson has the ability to strengthen. I personally thought we'd bring in no one, which we did, which suggests we may be in line with regulations. I'd suggest with konch going we may have more options, ever so slightly. It's all conjecture though without seeing Updated financial details.

Agree with stevelcfc and I'm inclined to believe Nige when he says we're on track, unless he's only saying that to warn off clubs who thinks we're ripe for a pillaging.

What will be interesting is whether or not the Thai's actually go through with applying the 8% interest now that it will make a big impact on what we can spend on the playing side. That will tell us a lot about their priorities. I'm also still hoping and waiting for them to convert the debt to equity like they said they would. Everything will be rosy once they do that because there is no way we're running big losses with the current squad.

In addition to Pearson's cutting of wage costs, it's also worth remembering that King Power bought the stadium, so we won't be paying out rent to Teachers for the stadium, I assume we will be paying some form of rent to a different part of the King Power Group, but that could possibly be set at a nominal value by King Power, which would help with FFP, which I assume is why KP bought the ground in the first place.

Archived