Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MikeyT

Carlisle Match Thread

One thing that stands out from that Chris Wood interview after the game: "They (Carlisle) did their homework and changed their system which probably mucked us up a little bit and made it very difficult for us in the first half."

I wasn't there, but could this possibly prove that Nige knows what he's doing tactically. He's drafted a plan and set us up for Carlisle, then realised in the first half that Carlisle aren't shaping like he expected. He's had a look, identified the weaknesses in Carlisle's alternative system (possibly), then changed it at half time and given new instructions. Second half score 4-1 to us. 

I know we're talking about one of the worst teams in League One here, but somehow this would fit proceedings. 

Did the way we play change a lot in the second half? More runs with the ball targeting certain defenders, putting them under pressure? More crosses into a particular spot? More runs into channels? 

We just looked full of confidence. The first half, we controlled possession but didn't really do anything with it, we made one silly mistake and they scored from it, they were sitting on that from the moment they got that goal, there was no way we were going to lose.

We came out full of confidence, kept it on the floor and utilised Vardy & Dyer, Drinkwater found both excellently time and time again.

It's a shame in a way we took Vardy and Wood off because if we hadn't, like I say, I'd have fancied us for a 1-7/1-8, but if Vardy lasting 90 is the difference on Saturday then no complaints here.

Cheers and just out of interest what song would you have gone for?

Something a bit upbeat maybe. Not criticising, wouldn't have the first clue how to do something like that! Maybe New Order "regret" would've gone well.

Archived