Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Anthony Knockaert - the lone striker?

Would it be completely mental to have a 3-5-2 with him as one of the 2? 

He can drop off as and when he wants and doesn't need to have any responsibility defensively at all with 3 central midfielders behind him.

Which is what Nugent does anyway with absolutely no influence on the game. 

Surely his best position is just behind the strikers? Anyone on here who disputes his ability to play balls over the top and through to strikers making the run are blinded by a dislike of him. He has exceptional vision, and Pearson really needs to move him round a bit to find out exactly where he plays best. Potential to be the best player in the league and we all know it. 

I can't believe anyone would contemplate having him up top. Get real people! He has neither of the two attributes needed to make a striker: aerial ability and/or pace.

I'm being serious when I say I'd rather see Lloyd Dyer employed as a striker before Knocky.

Not that I'd advocate that.. But I could see it as more realistic.

I can't believe anyone would contemplate having him up top. Get real people! He has neither of the two attributes needed to make a striker: aerial ability and/or pace.

I'm being serious when I say I'd rather see Lloyd Dyer employed as a striker before Knocky.

Not that I'd advocate that.. But I could see it as more realistic.

You cant comment on Knockys aerial ability then say you would rather have Dyer up front...Aerial ability?

If you think Knockaert has sufficient pace to be used as a lone striker you need a rethink

:thumbup:

If you think Dyer has the sufficient finishing ability to be used a s a lone striker you also need a rethink. Though from what you are saying this would mean Steve Beaglehole would also need a rethink but I'd say he's pretty qualified as he see's Knockaert play a lot more often than we do and he thinks he's capable...

If you think Dyer has the sufficient finishing ability to be used a s a lone striker you also need a rethink. Though from what you are saying this would mean Steve Beaglehole would also need a rethink but I'd say he's pretty qualified as he see's Knockaert play a lot more often than we do and he thinks he's capable...

Knockaert is a midfielder. He's not a striker and shouldn't be played as such.

IMO it's a ridiculous notion. It would have been similar to playing Muzzy Izzett as a striker. MON never did, neither should Pearson.

Knockaert is a midfielder. He's not a striker and shouldn't be played as such.

IMO it's a ridiculous notion. It would have been similar to playing Muzzy Izzett as a striker. MON never did, neither should Pearson.

Ok everyone's entitle to their opinion but I do believe he'd do ok there though I do believe we have better options but if it was ever needed...

Yeah we do have better options:

Wood

Vardy

Nugent

Schlupp

Waghorn

Futacs

Logan

Crnic

Gallagher

Big Wes

Well that was a bit of a stupid and pointless post? cause your hardly being serious...I didn't say I would choose to play him as a lone striker, just that if it was ever needed he could do it and id play him there over Dyer. Yes Wood, Nugent, Waggy, Schlupp and Vardy are better option but like I say I would choose them upfront over him anyway.

Knockaert played upfront in France as a 2nd striker and also played a free role. There is no reason why, if we bought a new right winger we couldn't play 442 with dyer on the left, new winger on the right and knocky upfront with Wood/Nugent/Vardy.

Somebody talks sense! that sounds sarcastic but its not lol

Like the idea of him being our attack minded midfielder feeding strikers in a three in midfield with James king or hammond. Need the right contrast and king James and drink are too similar for me.

Not sure about upfront, if it meant we played it on the deck more then could be a shout, think he maybe a bit too lightweight

Archived