Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
City Fan

The 3 promoted clubs to go back down?

Let's start with Wigan. They are (fortunately) doomed for the drop. They have a huge transfer kitty (about £25 million), but no one wants to sign for them. They failed in an audacious bid to sign Scottie Parker, and moves for Henri Camera and Damien Francis broke down. Their biggest signing of the summer for Wigan is Stephane Henchoz, and then Mike Pollitt from Rotherham!! Their squad is looking extremely poor for the premiership and I can see them going straight back down, starting with a 6-0 drumming by Chelsea in their first game of the season.

Sunderland have slightly more of a chance of staying up but I don't feel they have made the necessary signings to stay up. They have signed Jon Stead (who is over-rated), Nyron Nosworthy, Kelvin Davis, Alan Stubbs, and Anthony Le Tallec on loan as their main signings this summer. They surely can't expect to stay up with that squad?

West Ham have the biggest chance of staying up out of all the promoted clubs but still their squad is not good enough for the Premiership. They have probably made the best signings out of the 3 squads with Roy Carroll, Danny Gabbidon, and Paul Konchesky, and have been trying to land people like Milan Baros. However, they are showing desperate measures with the re-signing of Shaka Hislop! :blink:

I think that all 3 promoted clubs will be going straight back down because they haven't managed to make the necessary signings to stay up. They all have huge transfer kittys but cant seem to attract decent players.

I think Fulham will be down there...  :ph34r:

149923[/snapback]

Yeah I agree - they have lost key players such as Van Der Sar and Andy Cole but haven't strengthened their squad much to cover for these key players leaving.

Man City may struggle as well I think

149929[/snapback]

No I don't think they will. Although they have lost SWP, they have got in Vassell and Andy Cole, and are trying to get in Steed Malbranque. I think they have a good squad overall and will be around the middle of the table come May,

The strong favourites have to be Wigan and West Ham. they dont have enough depth and basically, i dont think they are good enough to stay up. I think that Sunderland have the only realistic chance of staying up. they have a decent manager with a good squad.

I think that there may be a few surprises like Fulham and even Charlton, i think that Curbishly has taken them as far as they can and they may struggle. Also think that West Brom will be in the dog fight because i dont think they have the right manager. I felt they wee lucky to stay up last season.

Its gonna be interesting who ever is gonna be in the dog-fight!

I feel Sunderland have a decent chance of staying up. The loan of Le Tallec is a good signing, and they have signing a couple of forwards I think, who are highly rated albeit in the Irish league. And the signing of Stead could restart his career. Unlike Wigan and West Ham, McCarthy seems to be going for more realistic signings, like the ones from Ireland, and Nosworthy, Stead and Davis. Who are Prem standard, but not unrealistic targets like Baros and Parker.

I actually think all 3 could stay up

Paul Jewel has proved himself as a very capable manager who gets great results with unfancied teams - bit like MON in that respect

McCathy has also proved himself

Wham are my least favourite to stay up but may benefit from other clubs in trouble - as mentioned by others in this thread - Pompey, Fulham and maybe WBA & blackburn perhaps?

I think West Ham could avoid the drop. They ahve sneaked n through the back door and will have the least pressure once they are out there. They have some very good players in ferdinand, reo coker, zamora (assuming he carries his form fwd), konchesky and decent experienced players in sheringham and carroll. I fancy them to stay up from the three - more from Portsmouth, West Brom and Fulham could join them (alongside Wigan who I think are dead certs).

Wigan did eventually sign Francis from Norwich but I dont think it'll make much difference...

Blackburn didn't look that great when they played us last season. I reckon they'll struggle, especially if they pick up a few suspensions.

Sunderland and West Ham are big clubs who should never really be out of the top flight. But with managers unproven in the Premiership, they'll find it tricky.

Unless Wigan spend big (which they haven't so far), they're certs to go down.

My tip is for West Brom and Blackburn to join them, though I wouldn't be sorry to see Pompey take the drop instead!

There's a lot of crap in the Premiership. Whoever is relegated, there'll still be enough to hopefully help us stay up when we are promoted! lol

reet then

*cracks fingers*

straight away it seems you have a grudge against wigan, which i can understand because of my actions in the past

we have a better starting 11 than sunderland and west ham, we have a manager who's been in the prem before and stayed up against the odds

yes, we have a huge transfer kitty, do you want us to go out and buy world class superstars straight away? sorry it doesnt work like that

no-one wants to sign for us? why have we signed 6 quality players already? jewell has just said we've agreed terms with 1 already (de zeeuw?, michael brown?, jagielka?) and he wants 2 more

lol, dunno why we bidded for scott parker, probably sending out the message that we can spend

hey, damien francis and henri camara have signed for us, unlucky

pollitt? second biggest signing? just out of interest, do you have a device that tells you the size of signings? hhhhm

why haven't you mentioned any of our other signings? pascal chimbonda, who rejected marseille and west ham to sign for us, could tell why marseille wanted him, absolute class and already a fans favourite

ryan taylor, was about to sign for everton but we got him, as there will be a void for england right back in a couple of years tranmere fans think this lad can be the one, arsenal were also interested

and mike pollitt was outstanding today, very very pleased with that signing

so, things are looking alot more rosier, especially with more signings coming in and i can't wait for the season to start

we are in a mini group of 8, and i think because of our signings and players we had before, we will finish above the bottom 3 :)

so stick to having a lazy attitude towards my club and holding that grudge against us

hmm, sounds promising! I admit I didn't know you had signed Camara (loan or permenant?). As for the void for right back, I bet Glen Johnson will have that sewn up.

151577[/snapback]

Dont really rate Glenn johnson to be honest...

Think the three promoted clubs will stay up, with West ham being the most likely to go down if I had to pick one. I'd have Fulham, West Brom and Pompey to go down right now...

west ham and sunderland will have a good fight staying up . wigan still need 3 or 4 good premiership experienced players or i fear for them

chelsea

liverpool

arsenal

man u

tottenham

middlesboro

bolton

everton

a villa

newcastle

man c

charlton

birmingham

blackburn

portsmouth

wigan

sunderland

west brom

fulham

west ham

wets ham just dont have enough firepower and defence

fulham, theres always one you dont expect, and i think they`ve been slidding like city did when mon left.

west brom, i`d like em to stay up actually, but i fear it`ll be too much for robbo, not enough all round.

reet then

*cracks fingers*

straight away it seems you have a grudge against wigan, which i can understand because of my actions in the past

we have a better starting 11 than sunderland and west ham, we have a manager who's been in the prem before and stayed up against the odds

yes, we have a huge transfer kitty, do you want us to go out and buy world class superstars straight away? sorry it doesnt work like that

no-one wants to sign for us? why have we signed 6 quality players already? jewell has just said we've agreed terms with 1 already (de zeeuw?, michael brown?, jagielka?) and he wants 2 more

lol, dunno why we bidded for scott parker, probably sending out the message that we can spend

hey, damien francis and henri camara have signed for us, unlucky

pollitt? second biggest signing? just out of interest, do you have a device that tells you the size of signings? hhhhm

why haven't you mentioned any of our other signings? pascal chimbonda, who rejected marseille and west ham to sign for us, could tell why marseille wanted him, absolute class and already a fans favourite

ryan taylor, was about to sign for everton but we got him, as there will be a void for england right back in a couple of years tranmere fans think this lad can be the one, arsenal were also interested

and mike pollitt was outstanding today, very very pleased with that signing

so, things are looking alot more rosier, especially with more signings coming in and i can't wait for the season to start

we are in a mini group of 8, and i think because of our signings and players we had before, we will finish above the bottom 3  :)

so stick to having a lazy attitude towards my club and holding that grudge against us

151532[/snapback]

Ooh get you!

• 6 months later...

Archived