Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
purpleronnie

FA threat to fans over anti-Semitic term in chants

I'm torn on this one. For the most part, it seems fairly harmless, but if fans were chanting 'nigger army' or 'paki army' for whatever reason, then everyone would be jumping all over it, saying about how disgusting and out of order it is.

I don't see why racial slur, regardless of context, is worse or better than any other. I don't see what race even has to do with a game of football in the first place to be honest.

lol lol

Suppose we should start threatening to arrest blacks for using the N word as well?

It's not really like that is it though. The overwhelming majority of Spurs fans are not, in fact Yiddish and therefore have absolutely zero right to say that they are not offended by the word and that they are only 'reclaiming' it.

I can see the point that they are using it in the context of pride and it is clearly therefore not hate speech, but I personally think that religion should have nothing to do with football. If their songbook is that limited that they need to chant the Y word then they need to sort themselves out. The sooner they stop singing it the sooner Chelsea and Arsenal fans can start being prosecuted en mass for the awful hissing they do.

• 5 months later...
Guest MattP

http://www.thstofficial.com/thst-updates/defence-team-statement-re-dropping-of-yid-charges.aspx#

Charges dropped for three Spurs fans charged with using it.

What a waste of council tax, we paid for your hats...

Common sense prevails eventually.

Hard to blame the police though, it's the Liberal idiots like Peter Herbert forcing things like this onto them with threats and ridiculous accusations of bigotry that forced them to act on it.

Hopefully he'll go away and find something productive to occupy his time now.

Archived