Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Haydos

Vardy, Drinkwater et al.

I don't agree with this 'Vardy is the same player' and no-one gave him a chance, nonsense.

By his own admission, he's an improved player.

He's finally made the jump. He's quicker, stronger, fitter and has more to his game than he did at Fleetwood. He also now has Championship experience.

Your OP smacks of 'I told you so'. In my case, with Vardy you didn't. I said in the summer I expected big things of the lad this season. And he IS better now.

Oi gimme back my specs mate :P NP has improved too bud, his interviews are now refreshingly honest poignant and humorous at times, the real him? His tactical nouse seems much better and Vardy....have said same in other threads. Fantastic start to the season, COYB :chant:

Drinkwater lost form badly last season, and although he was our best midfielder for the first half of last season our fans have the memories of goldfish with alzheimer's and started unfairly slating him. Vardy needed at least a season to get used to this division, as the difference is massive; but the fans wrote him off anyway.

Pearson had patience and trusted their ability and is currently reaping the rewards, as the two players in question are delivering big time!

Well said that man

Well i must be just a bandwagon willy puller 'cos i still think Drinkwater is shit-just cannot see how anyone who understands the game of football can possibly think he's a decent player. Vardy on the other hand has impressed me since he made his league debut for us against Peterborough last season!

Quite clearly you don't understand football, that my friend is evident if you actually believe Drinkwater is shit. You don't spend years in the academy of Manchester United by being shit. The guy was everywhere today, battled for everything, played some great passes and was involved all game. Easily our MOM.

Quite clearly you don't understand football, that my friend is evident if you actually believe Drinkwater is shit. You don't spend years in the academy of Manchester United by being shit. The guy was everywhere today, battled for everything, played some great passes and was involved all game. Easily our MOM.

Indeed.

Vardy :wub:  :wub:  :wub: his effort and application is amazing. He is always watching the line and wins so many headers, and also chases everything down. I thought we looked better when Wood came on as they actually linked up together. I feel at times Nugent and Vardy are just not close enough, evident with the flick ons Vardy was winning in the first half with Nugent 20 yards away.

As for Drinkwater, I feel he has improved vastly since the end of last season. However, I don't feel we have seen the best of him yet. He goes through spells in games of ball watching, as shown with him being 10 yards behind Pugh when he scored yesterday.

What I am trying to say is that even though these 2 are playing well at the moment, I think we are not playing to our full potential yet this season. Bearing in mind that we are second in the league, won 6 at home on the bounce and 5 points clear of fourth, it obviously bodes well for when we do up the ante!

Drinkwater was awful in the second half of last season, having had a great first 10-12 games and then being decent enough before Christmas.

He's looked back to his old self this season and was excellent yesterday in particular. Quite what has changed his unclear, but the second half of last season looks weirder with each win

They both showed at some point early on in their careers they had the ability to perform at this level and perform well, which is way I never joined in the witch hunts, they, and others, had challenges to face, adjusting to a new club, being first teamers in a promotion challenging championship club and didn't always play well. Last season the problem was too many were in the same situation, RDL, Wood, Knocky, James, Marshall. All of them have come under criticism and all of them have shown they have the ability but football is not just about being able to kick the ball where you want it to go. 

Football is increasingly a mental game especially at the higher levels, the pressure and expectation is huge and one thing we can do as fans is support the players, which is why the abuse on here and at the ground is so frustrating as it does have an impact.

I'm not saying you should cheer every missed pass, and if they have a bad game there is nothing wrong with saying they had a bad game, but it is clear from anyone who has seen them play a few times they are not shit, they not of the standard of some of the shite players we have cheered on in the last decade, every single player should be cheered on to the pitch because every player deserves to know that 25,000 people support them regardless of what they did in the last game.

They both showed at some point early on in their careers they had the ability to perform at this level and perform well, which is way I never joined in the witch hunts, they, and others, had challenges to face, adjusting to a new club, being first teamers in a promotion challenging championship club and didn't always play well. Last season the problem was too many were in the same situation, RDL, Wood, Knocky, James, Marshall. All of them have come under criticism and all of them have shown they have the ability but football is not just about being able to kick the ball where you want it to go.

Football is increasingly a mental game especially at the higher levels, the pressure and expectation is huge and one thing we can do as fans is support the players, which is why the abuse on here and at the ground is so frustrating as it does have an impact.

I'm not saying you should cheer every missed pass, and if they have a bad game there is nothing wrong with saying they had a bad game, but it is clear from anyone who has seen them play a few times they are not shit, they not of the standard of some of the shite players we have cheered on in the last decade, every single player should be cheered on to the pitch because every player deserves to know that 25,000 people support them regardless of what they did in the last game.

Good post that. I agree.

I personally don't have you on ignore..

:thumbup:

Good post that. I agree.

I personally don't have you on ignore..

Don't have you on ignore either, my comment on the babs thread was not intended as an insult, just an observation on people banging their drum, you were the first that sprang to mind. I generally agree or at least appreciate what you post, but I do tend to read the same thing a lot, so I kind of skip of them. You're probably not to the worst, just the first that came to mind.

Don't have you on ignore either, my comment on the babs thread was not intended as an insult, just an observation on people banging their drum, you were the first that sprang to mind. I generally agree or at least appreciate what you post, but I do tend to read the same thing a lot, so I kind of skip of them. You're probably not to the worst, just the first that came to mind.

If you think I bang my drum on football stuff mate, well guilty as charged.

I've watched City for so many years that I've seen all sorts of managers, all sorts of formations played and signings come and go. The biggest bit of 'drum banging' was a. Sven wouldn't be the right manager for the club (which I said at the time) and b. Beckford wouldn't be the player many expected him to be (which I also said at the time).

My latest bit is Pearson and away tactics/form. We gotta start not losing away from home and I've advocated playing the extra bloke in midfield. As I did last season.

No worries.

If you think I bang my drum on football stuff mate, well guilty as charged.

I've watched City for so many years that I've seen all sorts of managers, all sorts of formations played and signings come and go. The biggest bit of 'drum banging' was a. Sven wouldn't be the right manager for the club (which I said at the time) and b. Beckford wouldn't be the player many expected him to be (which I also said at the time).

My latest bit is Pearson and away tactics/form. We gotta start not losing away from home and I've advocated playing the extra bloke in midfield. As I did last season.

No worries.

Stop fookin banging your drum bud :thumbup::ph34r:

Archived