Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Haydos

Vardy, Drinkwater et al.

These were the players that were not so long ago being panned. As many of you know I like our players/managers to be given time and seemingly they're on form at the moment. Players such as Danns have been given more than enough chances and I'm fine with saying I want rid. 

I haven't been down and seen a match live in a while so what's changed? I'm sure there were a fair few wanting rid of Drinky and i'm certain even more wanted Vardy gone because he didn't have the ability for this division.

Promise I won't make any more threads.

Drinkwater lost form badly last season, and although he was our best midfielder for the first half of last season our fans have the memories of goldfish with alzheimer's and started unfairly slating him. Vardy needed at least a season to get used to this division, as the difference is massive; but the fans wrote him off anyway.

Pearson had patience and trusted their ability and is currently reaping the rewards, as the two players in question are delivering big time!

Vardy never really got a chance last season with injury and I felt the fans were very harsh on Drinkwater he has always been a very good player for us in my eyes, he can score and create.

A bit of an over statement to say he has "always been good". He  most certainly has not. He is playing well at the moment though, yes.

I don't agree with this 'Vardy is the same player' and no-one gave him a chance, nonsense.

By his own admission, he's an improved player.

He's finally made the jump. He's quicker, stronger, fitter and has more to his game than he did at Fleetwood. He also now has Championship experience.

Your OP smacks of 'I told you so'. In my case, with Vardy you didn't. I said in the summer I expected big things of the lad this season. And he IS better now.

I don't agree with this 'Vardy is the same player' and no-one gave him a chance, nonsense.

By his own admission, he's an improved player.

He's finally made the jump. He's quicker, stronger, fitter and has more to his game than he did at Fleetwood. He also now has Championship experience.

Your OP smacks of 'I told you so'. In my case, with Vardy you didn't. I said in the summer I expected big things of the lad this season. And he IS better now.

How is 'give players time' and I-told-you-so. I'm just looking for peoples views, not an argument. I do get pissed off with our fans so it makes me happy when our players shut them up.

I genuinely don't know how Vardy has developed over the last year. Does he look a lot better physically? I would think so because there has been a big jump for him but nobody's mentioned that.

Vardy showed promise early season last year.What happened after only he or the coaching staff may know.He has come back this season an improved player but one who still will need to learn.

His last two goals show his has real potential.I suspect he may not have had the confidence to score today's goal a year ago.

The pleasure,for an 'Oldie' is watching this group of young players develop and gain experience.

How is 'give players time' and I-told-you-so. I'm just looking for peoples views, not an argument. I do get pissed off with our fans so it makes me happy when our players shut them up.

I genuinely don't know how Vardy has developed over the last year. Does he look a lot better physically? I would think so because there has been a big jump for him but nobody's mentioned that.

His first touch is improved.

His all-round game is better... He's developed a good partnership with Nugent.

He looks even quicker.... Rapid actually

He's brimming with confidence.

He is literally chasing everything down.

He's said himself he's a different player.. A better player... And I fully agree.

:thumbup:

Vardy's won me over he's a different player!

Drinkwater's going down the lines of winning me over, played well and improving lots!

Keep it up!

Agree with you.

Drinkwater has started to move it forward quicker instead of side ways or backwards, vardy is a different player from last season, he just needs to add enough goals to his all round effort.

A lot of players last season had good starts, and for some reason had the " crisis in confidence" episode, so why I think they are all doing well at present, there is still a lot of room for improvement if we are to be real contenders, and it's a long season and they need to maintain these performances.

I am not being negative but being realistic, it's to early for I told you so, but I feel there is more to come from the team, and so far so good.

Perhaps read what people say then, there is a difference between he's the same player as the one who played well and was scoring at the start of last year to... He's the sane player as last season. Because clearly he isn't the same player as the one who struggled with injury and confidence from about this point last year.

Perhaps read what people say then, there is a difference between he's the same player as the one who played well and was scoring at the start of last year to... He's the sane player as last season. Because clearly he isn't the same player as the one who struggled with injury and confidence from about this point last year.

I think your angle on this has always been 'don't be too quick to judge a player'. The player who was judged last season isn't the same as the one people are happy with this season. End of IMO.

Though I do concur that many were too quick to completely ditch him and wanted to sell him.

On a separate note, his 'song' is difficult to understand? I couldn't hear it clearly.

Drinky was just another victim of some wankers on a bandwagon last season. Vardy too for that matter. James was immense last season and many predicted he'd be key this season. He still will be, but at the mo its Drinky's performances keeping James out.

Well i must be just a bandwagon willy puller 'cos i still think Drinkwater is shit-just cannot see how anyone who understands the game of football can possibly think he's a decent player. Vardy on the other hand has impressed me since he made his league debut for us against Peterborough last season!

both have come back from their bad form and have arguably been our best players so far. with Drinkwater we are his first proper club, he's never had to work himself out of a rut before and he's going to have another spell of bad form at some point. the key thing is he's been there and done that now and should be able to work his way out of it quicker.

Vardy realised this division is tough and maybe the jump was a little too far too soon. Big credit to him for putting the graft in to get his game up to scratch, a lesser player would have just sulked.

I was a critic of both last season and both have made me eat a few slices of humble pie and it dont half taste sweet.

I think your angle on this has always been 'don't be too quick to judge a player'. The player who was judged last season isn't the same as the one people are happy with this season. End of IMO.

Though I do concur that many were too quick to completely ditch him and wanted to sell him.

On a separate note, his 'song' is difficult to understand? I couldn't hear it clearly.

Yes he's not the same as the player struggling last year that people wrote off, but he is the player who performed well at the start of last year.

If I hadn't seem that player then I may have seen him differently like others did.

I know it but it has vanished from my mind for the moment!!! Grrr.

Really enjoyed watching both players today. Good to see these players who rightly or wrongly took some stick last season have a bit of character, they've come back to good form and big contributors to the current good run. Can't say that about every player who takes stick, fair few who get the mardies or lose their bottle and disappear never to return to the first team...

Well i must be just a bandwagon willy puller 'cos i still think Drinkwater is shit-just cannot see how anyone who understands the game of football can possibly think he's a decent player. Vardy on the other hand has impressed me since he made his league debut for us against Peterborough last season!

Did you go today?

750.gif

Archived